Author Topic: Award space open for 1 traveler on search, but not two?  (Read 10717 times)

Offline irleetnoob

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Award space open for 1 traveler on search, but not two?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
Yup, both of them succeeded, and ticketed. Even changed a  flights on one of them because I clicked on the wrong date, and it was fixed on the phone.

Wolf was correct, actually. I searched for "2 travelers" and it didn't show all the available spaces that I saw when I searched for "1 traveler". Not sure why, but I did end up having to do 2BM and I got both spaces ok.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
Aha, not as simple as you implied it was. Interesting that the phone rep still put you on the flight if there was no inventory, though they definitely have the ability to override inventory if they feel like it.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline irleetnoob

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »
Aha, not as simple as you implied it was. Interesting that the phone rep still put you on the flight if there was no inventory, though they definitely have the ability to override inventory if they feel like it.

Ah, sorry about the misunderstanding. I actually got all that I ticketed for online; I just happened to have to change one of the stopover flights because my parents asked for a change of date. Luckily, that flight was wide open (all green on the surrounding date/times too).  So, minus my mistake, the 2BM worked like a charm.

Except now...I'm going to have to start searching for 1 space at a time and second-guess myself  :-\

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
Wolf was correct, actually. I searched for "2 travelers" and it didn't show all the available spaces that I saw when I searched for "1 traveler". Not sure why, but I did end up having to do 2BM and I got both spaces ok.

Maybe I'm the one who is confused. Why was Wolf correct?  ???

Just because you saw there was availability when searching for 1 pax doesn't mean you could have actually booked that ticket with 2 pax (as you experience shows). The fact that it succeeded using 2bm also does not mean you could have booked it when reg-searching for 2 pax.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
whats a good website to check award flights similar to ITA but for mileage? (if there is one)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:14 PM »
whats a good website to check award flights similar to ITA but for mileage? (if there is one)

I don't think there are any free ones (anymore?)
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »
Why was Wolf correct?  ???
AJK I didnt say anything I didnt argue with you at all, I would never, you are among one of the most knowledgeable writers here on DDF....

All I did was ask a simple question, why its like that, just for the experience and knowledge.
thats it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
AJK I didnt say anything I didnt argue with you at all, I would never, you are from one of the most knowledgeable writers here on DDF....

How did you measure that?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »
All I did was ask a simple question, why its like that, just for the experience and knowledge.
thats it.

I, too, was asking because it seemed I was misunderstanding something when he said you were correct. I wasn't attacking you :P
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »
I didn't write that he is the most, I wrote that he is AMONG ,
But if I would be talking about you Ashero, then you might of even gotten a better compliment. YMMV....

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

Here we go...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »
I didn't write that he is the most, I wrote that he is AMONG ,
But if I would be talking about you Ashero, then you might of even get a better compliment. YMMV....

I'm not looking for complements, I'm wondering how you measured his knowledge.

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »
I'll tell you how,
The best things about this site is that nobody can be proven wrong. Its the first place that I know of, that when you prove somebody wrong he just answers YMMV, that's it, and he is protected, so in other words there's is absolutely no way of knowing who's knowledgeable and who not.
I just figured that the people who talk alot and write alot must be picking up something after all those posts and comments.
Look at AJK for instance he wrote 3420 posts since Jun 2011, well if he's even a drop above the very stupid people he mustove picked something up from writing so much.
Am I right?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »

Post count, obviously. Isn't that the absolute measure of everything?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
I'll tell you how,
The best things about this site is that nobody can be proven wrong. Its the first place that I know of, that when you prove somebody wrong he just answers YMMV, that's it, and he is protected, so in other words there's is absolutely no way of knowing who's knowledgeable and who not.
I just figured that the people who talk alot and write alot must be picking up something after all those posts and comments.
Look at AJK for instance he wrote 3420 posts since Jun 2011, well if he's even a drop above the very stupid people he mustove picked something up from writing so much.
Am I right?
Post count, obviously. Isn't that the absolute measure of everything?

::) This is why we need mod/karma points.

I can unequivocally say that my post count has nothing to do with my degree of knowledge, and I have more than 3420 posts, so feel free to reply 'YMMV'.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »
You saw this coming a mile away. So did I for that matter.

But that does not mean I haven't contributed to this forum.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
You saw this coming a mile away. So did I for that matter.

But that does not mean I haven't contributed to this forum.

Are you replying to me? My question to Wolf wasn't specifically about how he measured your knowledge, it was what method he used to measure knowledge. I agree you've contributed a lot to this forum*.

* Doesn't mean I don't have any complaints.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 03:07:51 PM »
Are you replying to me? My question to Wolf wasn't specifically about how he measured your knowledge, it was what method he used to measure knowledge. I agree you've contributed a lot to this forum*.

* Doesn't mean I don't have any complaints.

I was replying to you and you're most certainly entitled to your complaints. Though we haven't always seen eye to eye, I find solace in the fact that the past becomes the past (for most people anyway), and that tomorrow is another day in which we can continue sharing and being helpful. Just like many others, I have learned from DDF, and I'd like to think I have done my fair share of helping many others as well.

Offline irleetnoob

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »
re: wolf & AJK, I'm not sure anymore what your guys' understanding of my issue is/was, so here's my summary and I'm out of this discussion.

Search one-way flight SFO-JKT for 2 pax  = only 2PM flight available
Search same flight....for 1 pax = 2PM and 10AM flight available
My question: does that mean (as it looks) that there's only 1 award space available on the 10AM?

so I 2BM'ed the 10AM flight, and I got 2 spaces.
Conclusion: seems like there's more availability than it looks at first glance.

Why is it that way? (I think this was Wolf's question). I have no idea. 2BM worked for me, so YMMV.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »
I was replying to you and you're most certainly entitled to your complaints. Though we haven't always seen eye to eye, I find solace in the fact that the past becomes the past (for most people anyway), and that tomorrow is another day in which we can continue sharing and being helpful. Just like many others, I have learned from DDF, and I'd like to think I have done my fair share of helping many others as well.

What if my complaints (and possibly other people's too) aren't just in the past?

re: wolf & AJK, I'm not sure anymore what your guys' understanding of my issue is/was, so here's my summary and I'm out of this discussion.

Search one-way flight SFO-JKT for 2 pax  = only 2PM flight available
Search same flight....for 1 pax = 2PM and 10AM flight available
My question: does that mean (as it looks) that there's only 1 award space available on the 10AM?

so I 2BM'ed the 10AM flight, and I got 2 spaces.
Conclusion: seems like there's more availability than it looks at first glance.

Why is it that way? (I think this was Wolf's question). I have no idea. 2BM worked for me, so YMMV.

You're making a mistake. It seems there's only 1 spot and by using the 2BM you managed to trick the system (or the agent who overrode the system) into giving you another spot.