Author Topic: Award space open for 1 traveler on search, but not two?  (Read 10715 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Award space open for 1 traveler on search, but not two?
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
What if my complaints (and possibly other people's too) aren't just in the past?

Always room for improvement :)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline irleetnoob

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
You're making a mistake. It seems there's only 1 spot and by using the 2BM you managed to trick the system (or the agent who overrode the system) into giving you another spot.

Ah, interesting. I assumed the search engine/results was at fault instead of thinking I "tricked" it into doing something special. Good to know!

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Ah, interesting. I assumed the search engine/results was at fault instead of thinking I "tricked" it into doing something special. Good to know!

2BM is all about trickery, hence the YMMV.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I'll tell you how,
The best things about this site is that nobody can be proven wrong. Its the first place that I know of, that when you prove somebody wrong he just answers YMMV, that's it, and he is protected, so in other words there's is absolutely no way of knowing who's knowledgeable and who not.
I just figured that the people who talk alot and write alot must be picking up something after all those posts and comments.
Look at AJK for instance he wrote 3420 posts since Jun 2011, well if he's even a drop above the very stupid people he mustove picked something up from writing so much.
Am I right?
YMMV=CYA
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
YMMV=CYA

Please stop posting the same BS all over. YMMV means people have had inconsistent experiences, not everything is a science.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 03:24:10 PM »
Please stop posting the same BS all over. YMMV means people have had inconsistent experiences, not everything is a science.
+1000
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 03:46:47 PM »
We come from different times and backgrounds. All things do not mean the same thing to all people. Stop getting so defensive and realize we look at things different ways.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »
We come from different times and backgrounds. All things do not mean the same thing to all people. Stop getting so defensive and realize we look at things different ways.

Everyone here looks at things one way, find me 5 people here (out of the hundreds of active members) who agrees with your definitions of YMMV, churning etc. and I'll respectfully back off.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
Everyone here looks at things one way, find me 5 people here (out of the hundreds of active members) who agrees with your definitions of YMMV, churning etc. and I'll respectfully back off.
I am glad you finally admitted it. 

I am not going to find you anything but you might want to look in this thread for one. There is no need for you to back off. How else are you going to get to 12345 posts so quickly?

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
I am glad you finally admitted it. 

I am not going to find you anything but you might want to look in this thread for one. There is no need for you to back off. How else are you going to get to 12345 posts so quickly?

I don't know what you think I admitted to, I was saying everyone here agrees with the definitions of churning and YMMV that you seem to insist must be redefined. You're not obligated to find me anything, but if you want to substantiate your definitions and their relevance on this site, I was suggesting one way for you to do so.

I've stated a gazillion times, I don't care for post count, Dan can freeze/reset mine and I'd stick around all the same.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »
This is ridiculous.  Why does every single thread -lately - need to way OT? Not only that, but its usually an argument bet. Helpme and another member that leads the topic straight OT.

Dan, I thibk its time to make a "venting" thread. Then every time the above scenario repeats itself the mods can just move the conversation over to the proper thread.

I don't condone arguments but there doesn't seem to be any other way around this.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
This is ridiculous.  Why does every single thread -lately - need to way OT? Not only that, but its usually an argument bet. Helpme and another member that leads the topic straight OT.

Dan, I thibk its time to make a "venting" thread. Then every time the above scenario repeats itself the mods can just move the conversation over to the proper thread.

I don't condone arguments but there doesn't seem to be any other way around this.

I'm all for this. Additionally, each post in the venting thread should lower your post count by 5, I can definitely afford it :D

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
I'm all for this. Additionally, each post in the venting thread should lower your post count by 5, I can definitely afford it :D

Lol.
BAHayman, are you able to change the green stars back to normal color if need be?  ;D

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »
BAHayman, are you able to change the green stars back to normal color if need be?  ;D

I'm sure he's able to, but I don't know how quickly I'm willing to give my bling up :P

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »
Sure there is, it is the “ignore” feature. I have one member on it and it has been working like a charm.

One could also practice what they preach. I would not call these last few post by you and AsherO exactly on topic, would you?

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »

thats what the OT hall of shame is for..things can get moved into there.

and i can only imagine how annoying it is for new members or old members that are trying look up info in theeads theyve never seen before and its very hard to find what you want cuz theres a few pages that stray from the topic

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »
What should I tell ya?

I loved this thread.

Offline Fan of Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »
I am trying to decide which part of this thread is more interesting the beginning or the end!

Offline dans fan

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2012, 10:29:42 PM »
not everything is a science.
that is true. but (imho) most are something very close to  a science we just dont know what the science is. i dont believe when things (cc approvals,decline, purchases, memberships, ect) are all done comp that its ymmv. its like saying cc invites are ymmv