Author Topic: Surveillance cameras  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Surveillance cameras
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 12:12:25 AM »
Looking for cheap cam like blink with motion detection, and be able to watch those clips later, without paying a subscription. Any ideas?

I had tried the wyze (not that version, the cheaper one) and I bumped into issues that anytime it was powered off it "forgot" that it was supposed to write to the SD card instead of wifi, so didnt work for me. What did work was this:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-REOLINK-Surveillance-Argus-2E/dp/B08SBX2P3B/
(you dont NEED the solar panel, just it looks like the item itself is out of stock)
You charge it, set it up once with the app or desktop app, to setup the motion detect settings etc, and then you can put it out and it works fairly well. Not sure how to set this up unobtrusively but be creative. I think most of the Reolink ones would work well, if a different shape works better for your purpose. Let us know the results!

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »
I had tried the wyze (not that version, the cheaper one) and I bumped into issues that anytime it was powered off it "forgot" that it was supposed to write to the SD card instead of wifi, so didnt work for me. What did work was this:

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-REOLINK-Surveillance-Argus-2E/dp/B08SBX2P3B/
(you dont NEED the solar panel, just it looks like the item itself is out of stock)
You charge it, set it up once with the app or desktop app, to setup the motion detect settings etc, and then you can put it out and it works fairly well. Not sure how to set this up unobtrusively but be creative. I think most of the Reolink ones would work well, if a different shape works better for your purpose. Let us know the results!

@Jojo202 Do i need a smartphone to set it up?

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2022, 01:41:47 PM »
@Jojo202 Do i need a smartphone to set it up?
You need either a phone or the desktop app works. Just to set up features like motion-sensitivity.... Dont think you can use it without at least connecting it at least once though.