Author Topic: Instant AA status  (Read 3440 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Instant AA status
« on: November 29, 2022, 03:42:11 PM »
Not sure if because I'm Hyatt globalist, but I got an offer to instantly become AA platinum pro

I was actually 10,000 points short of gold

The status lasts 4 months, you have 4 months to earn / spend to extend the status, based on earning, your status renews at whatever level

I was aiming for gold for 2023 and have 20 of 30k.

Not sure how this promotion affects that but I'll do the 10k earning regardless.

I'll need to earn 25,000 points in 4 months to retain platinum. Will I ?

I mean, I'll try, given that it'll boost my 2024 gold status anyways.

Ever since realizing that simplymiles was boosting my points and status I've been shifting to AA.

I don't fly AA that much but this could change!

The other question I have is what can I now do with that Platnium pro status to match to other airlines ?

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Instant AA status
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »
Thanks, just checked my account (20k loyalty points away from Gold).

Have an instant status offer, doesn't say what until I click on to register and don't want to do that yet since I have no flights upcoming yet.

"Instant Status Pass™: A special opportunity to receive status immediately

Register to enjoy status now. Meet Loyalty Point goals every 4 months to keep your status.

Register by Dec 28, 2022
Instant Status Pass™ Rules:
With Instant Status Pass™, members will receive status immediately after registering and receive Loyalty Point activity requirements every 4 months in order to keep the benefits of the Instant Status Pass™.

To earn status for the next membership year, you must meet all 3 Loyalty Point activity requirements. All Loyalty Points are eligible for Instant Status Pass™ requirements.

Registrants will have the opportunity to upgrade their Instant Status Pass™ based on their Loyalty Points earned during the first 4 months. To continue with at least AAdvantage Gold® status, you must earn 10,000 Loyalty Points in the first 4 months of Instant Status Pass™."

T&Cs are:

"Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered
Loyalty Points are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions
American Airlines may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
AAdvantage® miles examples that do not count towards earning Loyalty Points:
Bonus miles earned from promotions, Miles from Buy, Gift, Transfer transactions, government taxes, fees and other charges associated with buying a ticket
Conversion of another program currency to AAdvantage® miles
For AAdvantage® credit cards, “accelerators” or “multipliers” such as: extra miles for purchases in specific categories, with specific merchants, or purchases made abroad
AAdvantage® credit cards new account or welcome bonuses, spend bonuses, etc.
Some postings may take up to 6-8 weeks to post, please call AAdvantage® customer service if you feel there are any discrepancies in your Loyalty Point accrual
Customers may not participate in an offer for the same or lower status during the same membership year and if the customer has enrolled in Instant Status Pass™ in the previous 24 months, they will not be eligible to enroll in this promotion
You must re-qualify for AAdvantage® status membership annually
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays) pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. © 2022 Barclays Bank Delaware, PO Box 8801, Wilmington, DE 19801, Member FDIC.

Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies. Cardmember program terms are subject to change. © 2022 Citibank, N.A. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world."

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 04:29:57 PM »
Thanks, just checked my account (20k loyalty points away from Gold).

Have an instant status offer, doesn't say what until I click on to register and don't want to do that yet since I have no flights upcoming yet.

"Instant Status Pass™: A special opportunity to receive status immediately

Register to enjoy status now. Meet Loyalty Point goals every 4 months to keep your status.

Register by Dec 28, 2022
Instant Status Pass™ Rules:
With Instant Status Pass™, members will receive status immediately after registering and receive Loyalty Point activity requirements every 4 months in order to keep the benefits of the Instant Status Pass™.

To earn status for the next membership year, you must meet all 3 Loyalty Point activity requirements. All Loyalty Points are eligible for Instant Status Pass™ requirements.

Registrants will have the opportunity to upgrade their Instant Status Pass™ based on their Loyalty Points earned during the first 4 months. To continue with at least AAdvantage Gold® status, you must earn 10,000 Loyalty Points in the first 4 months of Instant Status Pass™."

T&Cs are:

"Once you complete all 3 phases in the Instant Status Pass™ you will be granted status for the next membership year immediately following the membership year in which you registered
Loyalty Points are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions
American Airlines may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full
AAdvantage® miles examples that do not count towards earning Loyalty Points:
Bonus miles earned from promotions, Miles from Buy, Gift, Transfer transactions, government taxes, fees and other charges associated with buying a ticket
Conversion of another program currency to AAdvantage® miles
For AAdvantage® credit cards, “accelerators” or “multipliers” such as: extra miles for purchases in specific categories, with specific merchants, or purchases made abroad
AAdvantage® credit cards new account or welcome bonuses, spend bonuses, etc.
Some postings may take up to 6-8 weeks to post, please call AAdvantage® customer service if you feel there are any discrepancies in your Loyalty Point accrual
Customers may not participate in an offer for the same or lower status during the same membership year and if the customer has enrolled in Instant Status Pass™ in the previous 24 months, they will not be eligible to enroll in this promotion
You must re-qualify for AAdvantage® status membership annually
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays) pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard, World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. © 2022 Barclays Bank Delaware, PO Box 8801, Wilmington, DE 19801, Member FDIC.

Citibank is not responsible for products or services offered by other companies. Cardmember program terms are subject to change. © 2022 Citibank, N.A. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world."

As mentioned, it's a 4 months status and challenge, i.e. if you spend / earn 25k you'd advance the status another 4 months or 8 months total of Platnium.

However, it would give you gold for the year too.

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 05:34:28 PM »
Got the email now with details:

Great news, because you are a World of Hyatt status member, you can enjoy complimentary AAdvantage® status when you register for Instant Status PassTM. With Instant Status PassTM, you get to enjoy the elevated benefits of status with our award-winning loyalty program for up to a year while you qualify for the membership year.
How Instant Status PassTM works
Register to enjoy instant AAdvantage Platinum® status. Earn Loyalty Points whenever you fly or earn eligible AAdvantage® miles with our partners. Meet the Loyalty Point goals every 4 months to keep status and move on to the next phase.
Register by December 28, 2022, to enjoy instant status benefits for 4 months.   The more Loyalty Points you earn in the first 4 months, the higher your status could be.   Meet your Loyalty Point goal to unlock another 4 months of status.   Meet all 3 Loyalty Point goals to enjoy AAdvantage® status through the end of the membership year.
Want a higher status?
The more Loyalty Points you earn in the first 4 months, the higher the status tier you'll receive the following 4 months, up to AAdvantage Executive Platinum®.

Register for Instant Status PassTM by December 28, 2022, to get started.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 05:35:58 PM »
F*** I also just got email! Didn't see it said Dec 28!

I should have waited :(  practically between now and Dec 28 I need to anyways spend on hyatt

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »
Is there any way I can get them to walk me back and hold off until December 28th?

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 05:41:14 PM »
Crap I also just registered SMH
So I have to spend 30k on the credit card to get Gold?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »
Crap I also just registered SMH

But 30k to get gold is the standard spending anyways

You basically have 4 months to send 10k to keep your status going, by the years end of you sent 30k you'd have gold for 2023 and 2024

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 05:57:27 PM »
So annoying as I'm not flying for a month probably, just wasted a month of platnium pro 😩😡

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
I also just registered SMH
Or any other way to get loyalty points. Some easy ways to rack it up if you spend.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 12:28:45 AM »
Or any other way to get loyalty points. Some easy ways to rack it up if you spend.

Simply miles works

Offline jfish227

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 09:28:57 AM »
So annoying as I'm not flying for a month probably, just wasted a month of platnium pro 😩😡
try status matching with other airlines and matching back to AA after challenge expires

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 09:38:31 AM »
Simply miles works
Is there a big play here? Seems like just normal retail merchants

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 09:51:46 AM »
try status matching with other airlines and matching back to AA after challenge expires

What airlines would work for this?

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 10:20:09 AM »
So here's a weird question
I have AA platinum through end of March 2023
If I accept this offer say Dec 25 2022, will that extend it through April 2023? I'll hit the 25k points in that period anyway

Offline jfish227

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 01:21:37 PM »
What airlines would work for this?
https://statusmatcher.com/company/american-airlines
look at "Reports for obtaining status with American Airlines AAdvantage"

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 08:29:45 PM »
How would I credit my JetBlue flights to AA? Is it worth it?

How do I get upgrades on JetBlue with status on American?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 04:38:45 AM »
I called AA, I told them about my mistake that I don't need it until at least December 28th. They were able to roll back my status until December 13th and told me I should call up then about extending the status from taking effect into end December.

25,000 points every 4 months gonna be a stretch!! Would need a lot of AA flying, cc spend and simplymiles promotions

Offline eliraps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 09:04:10 PM »
I earned miles from the AA shopping portal that unlock elite status for me. If I return it, and they clawback the miles, will I lose the status too?

Any data on this?

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2022, 10:55:47 PM »
I am Hyatt Globalist and I linked my Hyatt account with my AA account, but not seeing anywhere in the promotions to opt in for the instant status. Reached out to AA, who is telling me to reach out to Hyatt, reached out to Hyatt and they are telling me maybe I was not targeted.

Anyone else linked their Globalist account and not showing option to enroll in instant AA status?