Author Topic: OpenAI ChatGPT  (Read 58350 times)

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: OpenAI ChatGPT
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2023, 09:53:32 PM »
I'm waiting for the I'm feeling lucky button on Google to become their version of chatgpt
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2023, 05:35:09 AM »
Asked to ChatGPT:

Missing someOne important there...
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2023, 09:36:45 AM »
The Jerusalem Post: Move over, ChatGPT: Israeli start-up AI21 Labs' AI to cite sources.
https://www.jpost.com/business-and-innovation/tech-and-start-ups/article-728803
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline justaregularguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2023, 11:21:21 PM »
A guy at work used the chatgpt api to incorporate it into a slack channel. So now anyone who posts a question to the channel it responds there. Also, never gets the server overload msg
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2023, 01:00:01 AM »
Met at a guy at an Amazon event that developed an AI tool to generate product images in various settings based on a prompt. Found it really cool and will probably start using it - ecomtent.ai - check the gallery and watch the video.

For anyone that deals with product images, this tech is insane, and in some ways, is more mind blowing than ChatGPT.

Other AI image generation software I found is pretty much for creating art and abstract images. If anyone has an alternative please share.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Jojo202

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2023, 09:39:00 AM »
Met at a guy at an Amazon event that developed an AI tool to generate product images in various settings based on a prompt. Found it really cool and will probably start using it - ecomtent.ai - check the gallery and watch the video.

For anyone that deals with product images, this tech is insane, and in some ways, is more mind blowing than ChatGPT.

Other AI image generation software I found is pretty much for creating art and abstract images. If anyone has an alternative please share.
Very cool. But you have to be careful with this sort of stuff. Look closely at the kid at the end of the video. Face is a bit spooky, as is the creepy hands.. Quite possibly, like humans, it struggles with hands.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 19, 2023, 10:30:43 PM »
Very cool. But you have to be careful with this sort of stuff. Look closely at the kid at the end of the video. Face is a bit spooky, as is the creepy hands.. Quite possibly, like humans, it struggles with hands.

Good point. I had a zoom call with the founder today, he acknowledged it is an issue, but since you can generate images very quickly, you can generate a bunch and you’ll find that many are fine. Actually went through some live examples of this.

I must say that going through the demo it was absolutely mind blowing. Though right now there’s a major limitation in that they have to manually train the model for each product using a couple images, and it takes hours to do so. Once it’s done it generates images in seconds. Until they automate the model training it will be impossible for them to scale.

However he says there aren’t any other tools doing this yet, though he expects others to pop up eventually.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:37:35 PM by yuneeq »
Visibly Jewish

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 30, 2023, 01:35:26 AM »
Yesitsme
you are great how can I send you a tip
I'm just an AI language model created by OpenAI, so I don't have the ability to receive tips. However, you can support OpenAI's research and development by contributing to their funding efforts. Visit the OpenAI website for more information.

Yesitsme
ok will do IYH
Great! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to assist you.

Yesitsme
do you know what IYH stands for?
"IYH" stands for "If You Had (to)". It's an informal way of asking someone for their opinion or thoughts on a particular matter.

Yesitsme
not really its a reference to gods will
Yes, you're correct. "IYH" is also commonly used as an acronym for "Insha'Allah", which is an Arabic phrase that means "God willing" or "if God wills it". It's often used in discussions about future plans or events to express the idea that the outcome is dependent on God's will.

Yesitsme
no im referring to the expression used by Jews
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying.

In Jewish tradition, "IYH" stands for "Im yirtzeh Hashem", which is Hebrew for "If God wills it". It's similar to the Arabic expression "Insha'Allah" and is used in a similar way, to express that the outcome of a future event or plan is dependent on God's will.

Yesitsme
you got it man
Thank you! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 30, 2023, 01:46:58 AM »

["-"]

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #249 on: January 30, 2023, 09:28:15 AM »
Suave: write a short funny dvar torah about yud shvat

chatGPT: "In Yud Shvat, we remember the passing of the Previous Rebbe, the leader of Chabad-Lubavitch Chassidism. But let's not get too somber, because the Previous Rebbe was known for his wit and humor. He once said, "Even if a person is serious all the time, it is still a mitzvah to laugh." So this Yud Shvat, let's take a moment to remember the Previous Rebbe's joy and light, and spread some joy of our own. Whether it's sharing a good joke, a silly dance, or a funny story, let's celebrate the life of the Previous Rebbe by bringing some joy and laughter into the world."

Suave: now tie it in to parshas beshalach

Chag GPT: "In Yud Shvat, we remember the passing of the Previous Rebbe, the leader of Chabad-Lubavitch Chassidism, and in Parshas Beshalach, we learn about the Jews' journey from slavery to freedom. But true freedom isn't just physical, it's spiritual as well. And the Previous Rebbe taught us that true spiritual freedom includes the freedom to be joyful and lighthearted. He once said, "Even if a person is serious all the time, it is still a mitzvah to laugh." So, as we read about the Jews' journey from slavery to freedom in Parshas Beshalach, let's also remember the Previous Rebbe's teachings on the importance of finding joy and happiness in life. Let's celebrate the life of the Previous Rebbe by spreading some joy and laughter into the world, and find our own spiritual liberation through laughter and happiness."
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2023, 11:38:24 PM »
what I learned today from chatgpt
the difference between OOP and functional programming, as much as i read about it, it never when in my head, so I just went with functional
how to properly utilize authorized keys,

it bothered me for a while that i don't get it, and I felt to stupid to ask, finally I have someone to ask that will not laugh me off
["-"]

Offline Yakov15

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2023, 12:03:55 AM »
Yakov15: Tell me a bmg joke

ChatGPT: Why did the BMG bochur always carry a compass?
So he could always find his way to the beis medrash!

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2023, 02:25:20 AM »
Yesitsme
now that I have shkia how can I calculate tzes hakochovim lshitas reb moshe

gpt
To calculate the "Tzes Hakochovim" according to the ruling of Rabbi Moshe Feinstein, you need to add 42 minutes and 20.8 seconds to the time of sunset (Shkia).

In PHP, you can add the time using the strtotime function:

$shkia = $sun_info['sunset'];
$tzes_hakochovim = strtotime("+42 minutes 20.8 seconds", $shkia);
echo "Tzes Hakochovim: " . date('h:i:s A', $tzes_hakochovim) . "\n";
This will give you the time of "Tzes Hakochovim" according to the ruling of Rabbi Moshe Feinstein for the given date and location.

Yesitsme
is the offset always the same or it depends on the time of the year?
gpt
The offset of 42 minutes and 20.8 seconds to calculate "Tzes Hakochovim" is considered a fixed value and is not dependent on the time of the year. It is a Halachic ruling by Rabbi Moshe Feinstein that is commonly used in the calculation of Jewish prayer times. However, it is important to note that there are different interpretations and methods for calculating the times of Jewish prayers and the specific details can vary between communities and traditions.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2023, 02:27:10 AM »
this leads me to ask the brocho pizza
["-"]

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2023, 02:31:11 AM »
Yesitsme
which brocho do you make on pizza?
The typical bracha (blessing) made on pizza is "hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz," which translates to "who brings forth bread from the earth."

Yesitsme
my mother told me its a mozonos
The bracha (blessing) commonly made on pizza is indeed "mezonos." This blessing is recited on foods made from grain, such as bread and crackers, and is also used for foods that are similar in consistency to bread, such as pizza.

Yesitsme
so which one is it hamotzi or mezonos

The bracha (blessing) recited on pizza can be either "hamotzi" or "mezonos." "Hamotzi" is the blessing recited on bread, while "mezonos" is the blessing recited on foods made from grain, such as crackers and pasta. Since pizza can be considered similar in consistency to bread or to crackers, either blessing may be used. The choice between the two blessings is a matter of halachic (Jewish legal) discussion and varies among different communities and individual practices.

Yesitsme
so its optinal I can decide on the fly what which bracha to recite on pizza?
Yes, it is up to individual discretion to decide which bracha (blessing) to recite on pizza. "Hamotzi" and "mezonos" are both acceptable blessings for pizza, and the choice between the two can depend on personal preference and halachic (Jewish legal) background. However, it's always a good idea to consult a qualified rabbi for guidance on religious matters.

Yesitsme
my ruv said otherwise
I apologize if my previous response was not in line with the guidance of your rabbi. Each community and individual may have different interpretations of Jewish law (Halacha) and custom. It's always best to follow the guidance of a trusted and knowledgeable rabbi in matters of religious practice.

Yesitsme
so who should i ask
If you have a specific question about Jewish law (Halacha) and custom, it's recommended to consult with a qualified rabbi. This can be a rabbi at your local synagogue, a teacher or mentor, or an expert in the field. It's important to seek guidance from someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the area you have questions about.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2023, 07:22:01 AM »
this leads me to ask the brocho pizza
BTW, I personally surveyed about 100 people in Lakewood about the brachah they make on Pizza. The results looked something like this:

About 5 percent: Always mezonos
About 50 percent: For one slice, mezonos, two or more I make hamozi
About 15 percent: Depends on how much (but different amount than 1 slice/2 slices)
About 30 percent: Always hamotzi

Offline liosac

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2023, 07:56:00 AM »
BTW, I personally surveyed about 100 people in Lakewood about the brachah they make on Pizza. The results looked something like this:

About 15 percent: Depends on how much (but different amount than 1 slice/2 slices)
How many gave you a drasha about the historical use of pizza as a snack food and what they do in Israel?

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2023, 08:08:38 AM »
How many gave you a drasha about the historical use of pizza as a snack food and what they do in Israel?
so for you ots hamotzi
["-"]

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2023, 08:31:19 AM »

None said they always make a brocha on bread?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2023, 08:38:14 AM »

We need more info on how this survey was conducted.
When and where we're the respondents surveyed? Sitting in front of a gemara at 10:00am or waiting on line at a pizza store that has a moldy sink, no paper towels and one single tofeach al mnas latfiach towel that has been unchanged since 1946?