Author Topic: Learning program for adults incentive  (Read 5652 times)

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: Learning program for adults incentive
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2023, 09:27:55 PM »
yes that is a good point although most of the guys who came last year were younger and didn't have kids old enough. We figured that we would lose more guys if we did it later as it would cut into their schedule for the evening
maybe try later and see how many guys come... if its a disaster just switch back for week 2, if it works keep it.

Offline Young explorer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2023, 11:13:10 PM »
Maybe make the start time a little later to accommodate the fathers who need to learn with their boys at avos ubonim. I’m pretty sure last year it overlapped.
I disagree, I think it was a nice thing for fathers who didn't have appropriate age children to stay and learn with in their own shul, some things are allowed to be targeted to a specific age, and people in the same stage of life. AND it still gave enough time to be able to go out afterwards without the night being over.

Offline lcm

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2023, 12:22:28 AM »
I'm glad you know that just because you think white is nice, other people might disagree and want to exchange it.
Oops, meant to be *quite

Offline yshad

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2023, 01:56:15 AM »
I disagree, I think it was a nice thing for fathers who didn't have appropriate age children to stay and learn with in their own shul, some things are allowed to be targeted to a specific age, and people in the same stage of life. AND it still gave enough time to be able to go out afterwards without the night being over.

username checks out, unless you mean that your kids are already married  ;)

Offline mevinyavin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2023, 04:23:12 AM »
Oops, meant to be *quite
No worries, I knew that and so did everyone else.  ;)

@herb - By our programs when we need more flexibility, we set the seder for the entire period and require learning a certain amount of it. (Ex: Seder Motzei Yom Kippur from 8-11PM, for 1.5 hours.)
You can start it early and extend it till late, but require learning only part of the time to qualify for the raffle / refreshments.
The chisaron is if you are starting out with a small crowd, the kol Torah is less during any particular tekufa. But if you expect more people to show up, each at their own time of convenience, it shouldn't be a problem.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Moshe Green

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2023, 10:00:55 AM »
No worries, I knew that and so did everyone else.  ;)

@herb - By our programs when we need more flexibility, we set the seder for the entire period and require learning a certain amount of it. (Ex: Seder Motzei Yom Kippur from 8-11PM, for 1.5 hours.)
You can start it early and extend it till late, but require learning only part of the time to qualify for the raffle / refreshments.
The chisaron is if you are starting out with a small crowd, the kol Torah is less during any particular tekufa. But if you expect more people to show up, each at their own time of convenience, it shouldn't be a problem.
Once we are all sharing our Shul's learning programs :)
Our shul does not offer incentives for adults learning but they do always have coffee, ice cold drinks, and food.
On Friday night there will always be hot kugel or chulent, Erev Pesach will be a bagel spread, etc. etc.

Offline Young explorer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2023, 04:37:11 PM »
username checks out, unless you mean that your kids are already married  ;)
not quite yet (as far as I'm aware) 😃, I meant that it's targeting more to recently married guys or ones that have very young kids