Author Topic: “Torah true schools”?  (Read 14669 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: “Torah true schools”?
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2023, 02:38:53 PM »
This is painful enough to read as it is, but from a Lubavitcher? Oy.

Im trying to speak his language
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2023, 07:17:04 PM »
hot-headed with no actual knowledge of the issues.
Should be mandated new signature for this whackatroll

This troll is an great example of, "Those who know do not speak, while those who speak do not know."
FTFY

I don't know how this troll was zoche to have such longevity here on DDF. In the past, his usernames were bounced off before he caused such a big collective rise in our blood pressure.

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2023, 05:29:08 AM »
...nobody even mentioned anything about modern orthodox schools until you did, you can go and see for yourself.
i looked.
"Modern Orthodox schools are probably the right yeshiva for them."
Also, just because you call your opinion fact, doesn’t make it actually factual.
ok. thats why invited anyone to challenge me. do you challenge anything i said? which part?
Can you establish that anyone solicited your opinion?
when someone brings up that they can't afford 20,000 a kid and asks for help they are asking for a way to get their kid into yeshiva.

No one can change anyone else's mind...

:o :o :o
As stated before. We are human beings. We are influenced by those around us. We have a chuiv to help someone send his child to the correct school.

I don't know how this troll was zoche to have such longevity here on DDF. In the past, his usernames were bounced off before he caused such a big collective rise in our blood pressure.

If your blood pressure rises from deep, serious, conversations then don't read this thread. same with the "comments that leave me speechless thread". its not for the feint of heart.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2023, 07:17:23 AM »
i looked.ok.

"Modern Orthodox schools are probably the right yeshiva for them."

I challenged you to find anyone who brought up MoDox schools in the other topic before you did, and you show me someone from this topic reacting to you?

The OP of that topic asked a financial question, and what was unsolicited was your hashkafic commentary, which was unsolicited.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2023, 07:43:15 AM »
If your blood pressure rises from deep, serious, conversations then don't read this thread. same with the "comments that leave me speechless thread". its not for the feint of heart.
My blood pressure doesn't rise from such conversations, nor from trolls. My blood pressure rises when I see a troll openly mocking people worthy of honor, like gedolim, talmidei chachomim, and DDFers I've come to respect - AND WE JUST CONTINUE TO ENGAGE HIM IN A REGULAR CONVERSATION!

I can handle trolls. I usually see right through them, and then I either have fun with them or ignore them. But why is everyone responding seriously to this guy after he continues to unabashedly poke snide fun at gedolim, talmidei chachomim, and at numerous forum members? Why are we being goires him?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2023, 08:08:18 AM »
But why is everyone responding seriously to this guy after

Before the thread was split, (some) people were responding to show that his beliefs and behavior are not the norm among Yeshivah graduates.

But yes,

The ignore user feature is good and should be used more.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2023, 11:26:25 AM »
I'm so sorry to break it to the "oilum" but stating certain facts that are glaringly obvious and give reason to act a certain way, whether its to send to a certain school or to listen to a certain shiur is not loshon hora, not biggotted, not sinas chinam, not being a troll and is actually a chiuv d'oraissa for all jews to do. Even when not asked. "Lo Saamod Al Dam Reyecha".

I am totally open to anyone who wants to disagree and point out what was wrong with what was said. Please let me know.
I just want to point out that i've been in Israel for many, many, years and i am not very influenced by the politically correctness of the western world as much as most DD posters are. So it could be that my comments come off very sharp. But i only mean well and have the best of intentions. So, please, tell me which part of what was said was "wrong" and why.

Offline JMHO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2023, 11:47:29 AM »
You offer unsolicited 'advice', troll, and are insultful to many upstanding DDF members.

Perhaps there are more appropriate venues for you to spew your daios.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »
You offer unsolicited 'advice', troll, and are insultful to many upstanding DDF members.
So, please, tell me which part of what was said was "wrong" and why.
If you can't back up your hateful comments with any proof please don't post them.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2023, 12:47:29 PM »
I'm so sorry to break it to the "oilum" but stating certain facts that are glaringly obvious and give reason to act a certain way, whether its to send to a certain school or to listen to a certain shiur is not loshon hora, not biggotted, not sinas chinam, not being a troll and is actually a chiuv d'oraissa for all jews to do. Even when not asked. "Lo Saamod Al Dam Reyecha".

Definitely no chiyuv if there is no one listening to you, which seems to be the case here.

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2023, 12:59:52 PM »
Definitely no chiyuv if there is no one listening to you, which seems to be the case here.
I disagree with you. I believe there is a silent majority which are too scared to post or even to "like" because they are worried that the internet mob will eat them alive. I have been PMed with supporting messages as well.
But even if it was so that no one was listening now. Being that DDF is saved for posterity and there are always people looking and searching through its important that there's at least someone who speaks out.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2023, 01:10:48 PM »
If you can't back up your hateful comments with any proof please don't post them.
Here ya go:
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=39709

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2023, 01:13:26 PM »
I disagree with you. I believe
You disagree. You believe. You are a troll.

I have been PMed
What about the PM's that you are sending too ::)

Offline bochur22

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2023, 01:14:05 PM »
I just want to point out that i've been in Israel for many, many, years and i am not very influenced by the politically correctness of the western world as much as most DD posters are. So it could be that my comments come off very sharp. But i only mean well and have the best of intentions. So, please, tell me which part of what was said was "wrong" and why.
Having been in Israel for a year and a half now, it seems the societal outlook, especially on Gedoilim (who are made into celebrities through over the top PR), is much more black-and-white then the view in America. As a Litvak, I can still Fargin that the Lubavitcher Rebbe was big even if I don't hold of every single thing he did. (Not coming to get into that nitty gritty) One who is an Eitznik has pretty much only that as his identity. A gimmelnik can't accept him at face value. The value of Eilu V'eilu Divrei Eloikim Chayim and Shivim Ponim L'toirah seems to be somewhat lost in Israeli society.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2023, 01:16:46 PM »
Having been in Israel for a year and a half now, it seems the societal outlook, especially on Gedoilim (who are made into celebrities through over the top PR), is much more black-and-white then the view in America. As a Litvak, I can still Fargin that the Lubavitcher Rebbe was big even if I don't hold of every single thing he did. (Not coming to get into that nitty gritty) One who is an Eitznik has pretty much only that as his identity. A gimmelnik can't accept him at face value. The value of Eilu V'eilu Divrei Eloikim Chayim and Shivim Ponim L'toirah seems to be somewhat lost in Israeli society.
Woah! Is today Friday 8)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
I disagree with you. I believe there is a silent majority which are too scared to post or even to "like" because they are worried that the internet mob will eat them alive. I have been PMed with supporting messages as well.

I thought this was tochacha for those that disagree?

But even if it was so that no one was listening now. Being that DDF is saved for posterity and there are always people looking and searching through its important that there's at least someone who speaks out.
If it's not for the people here now, why not post elsewhere? DDF is hardly the site where you'll get the most views.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2023, 02:06:33 PM »
If it's not for the people here now, why not post elsewhere?
Yup, it's even a turn off for many...

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »
As an aside, one thing I know from my experience working with someone moving their children to yeshiva from public school is that the organizations which provide subsidies are very on top of which schools they will provide for and are very involved in advising families which school will be the best fit for them and the standards of the school. Maybe some schools with no separate secular education at all are the most "torah true" but will not be a good fit for a family moving from public school. Such a family might have a difficult time accepting lower standards in that department.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2023, 03:20:12 PM »
Likely they'll also need tutoring to catch up in the Jewish studies.
and there are social differences that will need to be breached.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2023, 06:47:46 PM »
Woah! Is today Friday 8)

It's Yeshiva Week. Every day is Friday this week.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.