Author Topic: Generations - a revolution. (Or ?)  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Re: Generations - a revolution. (Or ?)
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 11:32:47 AM »
Is standalone fertility insurance not as a add on to a larger health insurance policy a standardly available product? A quick Google search didn't return results for such a thing.
https://www.illumefertility.com/fertility-blog/open-enrollment-tips-infertility-treatment-is-covered#:~:text=%F0%9F%92%A1%20What%20is%20a%20rider,premium%20might%20be%20worth%20it.
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2023, 10:59:06 PM »
Any update?
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2023, 11:13:09 PM »
I’m getting scammy vibes from this. What’s the point of paying premiums for everyone if the insurance company will end up making money on the thousands of policies. Especially considering that the insurance company’s exposure is limited to $50k.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2023, 01:44:53 PM »
I’m getting scammy vibes from this. What’s the point of paying premiums for everyone if the insurance company will end up making money on the thousands of policies. Especially considering that the insurance company’s exposure is limited to $50k.
Why do you care if they earn money. They companies are happy (and will give good rates); the (frum?) brokers (probably the ones behind this idea) most definitely are happy, and the new couples will feel more at ease (at least a little bit), with no cost to them.

I actually had the same type of idea (I think I posted on DDF) to do something similar for life insurance. Some big B'aalei tzedaka (and Frum LI brokers) should cover term LI policies for yungerleit [who are not getting it on their own], at least for the first few years until they establish themselves, and then each family can be properly guided to the correct policy they should continue on their own. Then we won't need Araivim.

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2023, 06:36:38 PM »
Why do you care if they earn money. They companies are happy (and will give good rates); the (frum?) brokers (probably the ones behind this idea) most definitely are happy, and the new couples will feel more at ease (at least a little bit), with no cost to them.

I actually had the same type of idea (I think I posted on DDF) to do something similar for life insurance. Some big B'aalei tzedaka (and Frum LI brokers) should cover term LI policies for yungerleit [who are not getting it on their own], at least for the first few years until they establish themselves, and then each family can be properly guided to the correct policy they should continue on their own. Then we won't need Araivim.
I'm confused. One of the concerns they seek to address is not using tzedaka (public funds) by...........using tzedaka funds

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2023, 06:42:52 PM »

Because if the insurance companies are earning profits on the premiums vs. claims then that’s money the organization can save by self-insuring. If the issue is administering the claims and/or negotiating rates with providers, they can either do that in house professionally or other can outsource it to companies that offer that service (there are companies that do each of those things).

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2023, 06:48:01 PM »

The amount of claims for young people are very low, so there will ch”v be minimal to no claims in the first few years. Any policies that aren’t kept will be money down the drain, the only ones gaining on those will be the Brokers and insurance agents. Keep in mind that when you hand out anything for free, the droves come running, once it starts costing them many of those droves who only took it cuz it was free will drop it. How many is unknown, but is that a risk worth taking?

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2023, 08:36:22 PM »
The amount of claims for young people are very low, so there will ch”v be minimal to no claims in the first few years. Any policies that aren’t kept will be money down the drain, the only ones gaining on those will be the Brokers and insurance agents. Keep in mind that when you hand out anything for free, the droves come running, once it starts costing them many of those droves who only took it cuz it was free will drop it. How many is unknown, but is that a risk worth taking?
maybe.
I'd venture to say that the majority of newlyweds who don't go ahead and buy their own policies are due to lack of knowledge/energy. Once they already have a policy in place, and a broker to deal with, I'd say chances are pretty high they will continue or switch if needed.
I remember hearing once that brokers commission may be as high as 1-2 years worth of premiums.. not sure if those numbers are anywhere near the same for term policies.. [@ExGingi I don't intend to open any cans here] but if a group of askonim, a group of baa'lei tzedaka, and a group of brokers work together, I think something can be worked upon.