Author Topic: Accompanying someone to the gate  (Read 2728 times)

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
Re: Accompanying someone to the gate
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2023, 04:17:01 AM »
In America it would be fine, but I assume things are much different in TLV
Anyone with experience out of TLV? Also, what airlines allow cancellations within 24 hours of booking after checkin?
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2023, 09:11:08 AM »
Is this from experience or the official rules?
Both. A plane can't leave without check in being cancelled and once check in is cancelled it's like you never checked in.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline TzviR

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 09:13:44 AM »
Both. A plane can't leave without check in being cancelled and once check in is cancelled it's like you never checked in.
Ah I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you can always get off the plane even once you boarded.

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline drosenberg88429

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2023, 10:47:14 AM »
In America it would be fine, but I assume things are much different in TLV

TLV can be a pain, because you're not only going through security, but also going through passport control and effectively leaving country. Leaving airport after that means you have to go through immigration to reenter country, which requires assistance from security and airport staff. They can get fairly annoyed and suspicious, so make sure you have a good story about why you're not flying (I wouldn't tell them you booked refundable to accompany someone to gate - they probably won't be too amused). They will likely double check to verify that you didn't check and bags and your ticket is legitimate, nobody got on plane in your place, and was actually offloaded and cancelled. You can't just cancel ticket and walk out of airport the way you can in USA.

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2023, 11:16:50 AM »
TLV can be a pain, because you're not only going through security, but also going through passport control and effectively leaving country. Leaving airport after that means you have to go through immigration to reenter country, which requires assistance from security and airport staff. They can get fairly annoyed and suspicious, so make sure you have a good story about why you're not flying (I wouldn't tell them you booked refundable to accompany someone to gate - they probably won't be too amused). They will likely double check to verify that you didn't check and bags and your ticket is legitimate, nobody got on plane in your place, and was actually offloaded and cancelled. You can't just cancel ticket and walk out of airport the way you can in USA.
This.
I recently took my parents to the airport for their trip back to the states. As my mother was a wheelchair passenger, I was permitted to accompany them all the way to the main security line even though I wasn't flying. Despite this, I still got stopped on my way out and grilled for a bit before they let me out. They do this. You better have a real story or you are asking for whatever treatment you get. (Wouldn't be surprised if they would make you get on the flight just to teach you a lesson.)
I've even gotten stopped and questioned just for leaving the airport itself on the wrong floor (I was looking for the bus) and then coming back in!
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!