Author Topic: How To Behave, When To Accuse, Bad Media, And More  (Read 14634 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: YaWN Shem Reshaim Yirkav
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2023, 11:39:44 AM »
I've read a lot of popcorn threads here on DDF over the many years I'm on here, with a lot of heated interactions, and I find it hilarious that this is what you choose to give a warning about. It's not an attack. It's a frustration with a particular way of posting.
By all means, keep it to that. Hence a warning, don't want anything turning ugly. GS!
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2023, 11:41:02 AM »
I don't think so. If it was he said she said it would be worse for him.

This has a clear video of what happened, and the DA knows a jury isn't finding a guilty verdict of kidnapping based on that. There is a reason charges were lowered almost immediately, because of the video...
Let me get this right. They watched the video and there are still charges against him?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2023, 11:41:28 AM »
Everyone keeps saying watch the video. The video makes it worse for him not better.

For some reason, almost nobody else sees it that way. The video clearly displays him calmly talking to the child, the fact that there was zero force or inappropriate or overly affectionate touching, the two of them walking together for about 5 seconds total and not going through or attempting to go through any exits, the man thanking child and parting ways without anyone intervening or protesting, and the man leaving calmly and not escaping. Even a judge who came to a guilty verdict before the case started would prefer the video but be displayed in court, in my opinion.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2023, 11:43:45 AM »
For some reason, almost nobody else sees it that way. The video clearly displays him calmly talking to the child, the fact that there was zero force or inappropriate or overly affectionate touching, the two of them walking together for about 5 seconds total and not going through or attempting to go through any exits, the man thanking child and parting ways without anyone intervening or protesting, and the man leaving calmly and not escaping. Even a judge who came to a guilty verdict before the case started would prefer the video but be displayed in court, in my opinion.
I'll ask again, what did the mother say to him? Did she say something to him or not?

That will make a huge difference here.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2023, 11:43:59 AM »
Let me get this right. They watched the video and there are still charges against him?

Welcome to America. Makes you wonder about how many other people like this are being charged and in jail. (Although to anyone with any experience with the criminal justice system in the planets incarceration capitol, they aren't wondering anything.)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2023, 11:45:06 AM »
FWIU the DA hasn't dropped charges according to the NYP reporter.

I never said the video 100% exonerates him, I said the video is better for him than no video.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2023, 11:45:36 AM »
For some reason, almost nobody else sees it that way.
I wonder why, not!!!
I have no dog in this fight. The video is clear he touches and puts his around the child and was taking him outside. The mother stopped this from happening.

Now the video does not give a reason why he did it.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2023, 11:46:30 AM »
I never said the video 100% exonerates him, I said the video is better for him than no video.
I disagree as the video shows he crossed the line.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2023, 11:48:25 AM »
I'll ask again, what did the mother say to him? Did she say something to him or not?

That will make a huge difference here.

Hard to tell if anything. There's no audio, and even if there was I don't think it'd be able to pick it up. Were there any bystanders that heard?

I would guess something like where are you going and he said I'm leaving, but it doesn't look like enough time for an exchange.

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2023, 11:50:01 AM »
Probably because a grown man would laugh in his face and tell him it’s an over the top stringency (whether or not it’s true) whereas a child would more willingly oblige.
100%

Offline Chuchum Ainer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2023, 11:50:44 AM »
I wonder why, not!!!
I have no dog in this fight. The video is clear he touches and puts his around the child and was taking him outside. The mother stopped this from happening.

Now the video does not give a reason why he did it.

That's your interpretation. Videos don't usually show intent.

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2023, 11:51:17 AM »
I wonder why, not!!!

The video clearly displays him calmly talking to the child, the fact that there was zero force or inappropriate or overly affectionate touching, the two of them walking together for about 5 seconds total and not going through or attempting to go through any exits, the man thanking child and parting ways without anyone intervening or protesting, and the man leaving calmly and not escaping.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2023, 11:52:07 AM »

This is false. The mother approached and grabbed her child while he was walking with him.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2023, 11:52:27 AM »
Everyone keeps saying watch the video. The video makes it worse for him not better.
For you, because you don't understand the culture of the people in the video. Everyone part of that culture that sees the video, knows holy serious people, who are perfectly normal, asks a kid to helps him out, not a big deal.
The whole kidnapping thing is ridiculous, is that where you kidnap someone, in front of his family?, at a family Bris? Ridiculous.
And the kiss of the mezuza is the chef's kiss, that makes the whole thing even more hilarious.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:56:17 AM by Baruch »

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2023, 11:52:54 AM »

Yes, that's the point. You comment all the time without reading/seeing what people are talking about. Your disclaimers don't help much when your comments are colored by that lack of reading/seeing.
You realize that with filtered devices it is not always so simple to just watch a video.

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2023, 11:54:24 AM »
Hard to tell if anything. There's no audio, and even if there was I don't think it'd be able to pick it up. Were there any bystanders that heard?

I would guess something like where are you going and he said I'm leaving, but it doesn't look like enough time for an exchange.
Right. Well it's a crucial detail. If she said give me my kid, grabbed the kid. And he ran.

It's not so straightforward.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2023, 11:54:55 AM »
I disagree as the video shows he crossed the line.
What law was broken in the video?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2023, 11:55:33 AM »
I have no dog in this fight.
You sure do & his name is Friday. :P

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
FWIU the DA hasn't dropped charges according to the NYP reporter.
Is this independent of the mother at this point? Is she still pressing charges?

Offline drosenberg88429

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2023, 11:56:06 AM »
This is false. The mother approached and grabbed her child while he was walking with him.

Maybe calls him to side. Doesn't look like grabs him, unless that's blocked by video. I'm assuming we're watching same footage.