Author Topic: DWB/Police Profiling & Brutality/Racism/Etc  (Read 2520 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: DWB/Police Profiling & Brutality/Racism/Etc
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2023, 07:40:17 PM »
I wonder how many here understand the racism between light and dark skin blacks.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2023, 08:18:04 PM »
Of course it is. How can it be any other way.

I don't care if it was 300 years ago or yesterday. Trying to dismiss something because it was black on black is BS.

There are so many different conversations being conflated and confused.

Historically blacks have been discriminated against more than Jews in the US no matter how you look at it. No one disagrees.

Currently both Jews and blacks experience racism in the US today, with different forms affecting each group differently.

What people like me have said is that it is more likely *today* that a Jew will be attacked *because they are Jewish* than for a black person to be attacked *because they are black*.

You are conflating that with other kinds of racism. Black people getting pulled over by cops more is not because the cops hate black people, it's because of the socioeconomic conditions black people are in because of historic racism.

That doesn't mean it's not a problem which needs to be rectified. It just means that there aren't black people getting punched in the streets of New York daily *because they are black".

There are other nuances that have been discussed, but you are lumping them all together.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2023, 08:22:59 PM »
There are other nuances that have been discussed, but you are lumping them all together.
Do you understand there all different forms of black-on-black racism?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2023, 08:31:32 PM »
There are so many different conversations being conflated and confused.

There are just tons of them out there!

Feelings don't care about your facts

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2023, 09:02:45 PM »
Do you understand there all different forms of black-on-black racism?

Firstly, I hate the phrase black on black (crime), and I don't think you've ever seen me use it. Secondly, you are vastly overstating the racism at play in such crimes. If you believe the cause is systemic racism, that is still not a hate crime.

Yes, racism between black people is possible, but it's not nearly as common as you are making it out to be. No one says Daniel Shaver was killed because of racism. He was killed because of police brutality. The same is true or any number of black people. The cops didn't beat them because of a bias against their race.

Yes, the reasons they are in that position, living in poverty, living in those neighborhoods, getting pulled over by police more, etc etc etc, are all because of historic racism. That doesn't mean they were profiled *based on their race*.

There's a difference between "that black person is part of an inferior race, I'm going to punch him" and "that person is dressed like the gangsters I've seen on the south side, I better make sure he isn't carrying".

The pushback you're getting is because the pendulum has swung in this country from perpetrating racism to calling anything you don't like racism. Stacy Abrahams was yelling about white supremacy in congress today when the issue had nothing to do with that. When you call everything racism, then no one will care about the *real* racism when it happens.

So when a black guy is beaten by black cops and people cry "hate crime", you better believe there will be pushback. Cry police brutality. Cry systemic racism even! But unless you have evidence that there was hate involved then by default it is not a hate crime even if race is a factor.