Author Topic: DWB/Police Profiling & Brutality/Racism/Etc  (Read 2527 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: DWB/Police Profiling & Brutality/Racism/Etc
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 09:49:24 AM »
...but Jews have never had it as bad as Blacks in America, not even close.
That is the first time I recall that being said.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 09:49:57 AM »
what i don't understand is that from many of the videos from the past of cop pull overs from the ones I've seen they all were heavily resisting arrest. seriously, if your innocent and are being arrested why are you trying to run away from the cops! isn't that motive for the cops to use force? maybe its just a white person is less likely to resist arrest and fight with a cop and ultimately less whites are brutalizes, not because of racism but sheer violence! (yes i know that in the videos that after they are on the ground they give them a few more kicks but yea a few minutes ao you just ran away so it makes sense to try to immobilize them in a sense so they don't get away again)

is my mind wrapped or am i missing a point?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2023, 09:51:24 AM »
is my mind wrapped or am i missing a point?
When you get pulled over do you fear for your life?

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 09:54:33 AM »
You believe it is worse for your children that you? So, in the last 20 years or so it has gotten worse?

Yea sadly its gotten worse, the amount of information thats out there that any random joe with a mouth can become an influencer and based on no facts people believe everything they preach...leaves many young people growing up today that jews are evil. I've heard this from my cleaning help that her doughter asked why she works by jews and that she should stop because she heard on tick tock that jews are evil

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2023, 09:58:29 AM »
Yea sadly its gotten worse, the amount of information thats out there that any random joe with a mouth can become an influencer and based on no facts people believe everything they preach...leaves many young people growing up today that jews are evil. I've heard this from my cleaning help that her doughter asked why she works by jews and that she should stop because she heard on tick tock that jews are evil
That is sad to hear.

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2023, 09:59:06 AM »
When you get pulled over do you fear for your life?
actually no, but thats because even if the cop punched me i wouldn't hit him back lol and i know that why in gods name would the guy shoot me if i follow what he says????!!!! if cops were running around just pulling whites out of cars and crushing skuls...yes i would be afraid but if its cops will only use force if you resist them, then in my mind i am thinking as long as i don't resist i won't get hurt

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »
That is sad to hear.
yep its different world nowadays.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 10:01:30 AM »
I grew up in a 98% white village. The village was sued because of racial profiling. Almost 50% of the traffic stops (tickets) were against blacks. They came up with all type of reasons why that was, but it did not fly. I am going to guess this happened all across the country. Maybe this was just an isolated incident?  :)
What do you mean by "it did not fly"?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 02:23:03 PM »
Here’s the non PC version.
A) I assume you understand that what you are claiming is true specifically to America, not worldwide.

B) There have been numerous studies comparing apples to apples and the conclusions are nearly universal that blacks are treated worse. In one, resumes with identifiably “Black” names were shown to receive less calls than an identical resume with “white” sounding names.

C) While it’s not always possible to sort correlation from causation, it might be helpful to remember that not a full generation ago blacks couldn’t ride buses, attend schools, or use restrooms together with whites.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2023, 02:38:00 PM »
It’s non controversial & I don’t think anyone disagrees.

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2023, 02:40:50 PM »
i know that why in gods name would the guy shoot me if i follow what he says????!!!! ... if its cops will only use force if you resist them, then in my mind i am thinking as long as i don't resist i won't get hurt

Is that Black people's perception/experience as well?

"Follow what he says" "don't resist"

How broadly do police officers define these terms?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2023, 02:47:31 PM »
Is that Black people's perception/experience as well?
There are white & black people being pulled over all day every day all over the country who cooperate & hand over their license, get their ticket or warning & continue on their way, without a care in the world. You just don’t hear about them.

Offline dm123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2023, 02:58:44 PM »
There are white & black people being pulled over all day every day all over the country who cooperate & hand over their license, get their ticket or warning & continue on their way, without a care in the world. You just don’t hear about them.

ok....

Not sure what your point is?
Are you saying Black people's perception of traffic stops is the same as White people? (obviously we are dealing with generalizations which are often not true but may be for significant subsets of the population.)

Offline bochur22

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2023, 03:02:13 PM »
C) While it’s not always possible to sort correlation from causation, it might be helpful to remember that not a full generation ago blacks couldn’t ride buses, attend schools, or use restrooms together with whites.
Jews faced some similar discriminations, as did Asians. Not saying it was as bad in America for those groups as for blacks, but both those populations are doing well enough now that Liberals don't generally consider them to fit in the victim profile anymore.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2023, 03:15:57 PM »
Jews faced some similar discriminations, as did Asians. Not saying it was as bad in America for those groups as for blacks, but both those populations are doing well enough now that Liberals don't generally consider them to fit in the victim profile anymore.
Which of these specific discriminations did Jews face in America? Was it universal? Did they not have voting rights? Were they slaves?

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2023, 03:26:05 PM »

It is known that America was always a safe haven for Jews, especially relatively to other countries. For Blacks however, it was far from nice and dandy, and America's history with blacks is notorious for that. Jews came her as refugees and immigrants escaping persecutions in other countries, Blacks otoh were rounded up in in their native countries, placed onto ships to be sold here by the pound. You don't recall that being said because it's that obvious.

Offline bochur22

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2023, 03:29:30 PM »
Which of these specific discriminations did Jews face in America? Was it universal? Did they not have voting rights? Were they slaves?
They were discriminated against in education, right to work, where they were allowed to live, and in which clubs and organizations they could belong to. The quote I responded to read:
Quote from: S209
I don't think slavery was legal anywhere in the US 1 generation ago. Jim Crow laws were also not universal.

Offline liosac

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2023, 03:32:19 PM »
A) I assume you understand that what you are claiming is true specifically to America, not worldwide.

B) There have been numerous studies comparing apples to apples and the conclusions are nearly universal that blacks are treated worse. In one, resumes with identifiably “Black” names were shown to receive less calls than an identical resume with “white” sounding names.

Both can be true. It’s undeniable that racism still exists but to chalk everything up to racism is doing a disservice to both white and black people. In NYC a school therapist can’t refer blacks for help beyond a quota even though the kids are suffering because the numbers have to look like they parallel the racial makeup of the school. This is per a relative who has worked in public schools in several boroughs.

Every interaction, even eluding black police officers who are criminally violent is assumed to be racially motivated. A higher percentage of Asians (avg IQ 110) than blacks (avg IQ 20 over 20 points lower) in PHD programs is assumed to be racially motivated. When Covid, gas stoves, climate change, and everything under the sun is painted in racial terms it delegitimizes genuine situations  of racial discrimination and simply muddles the picture. Let me acknowledge that I look over my shoulder when walking in Bed-Stuy and work on changing the rampant crime and lawlessness problem instead of spouting some nonsense about how whites deserve to be made to feel uncomfortable to counteract their “whiteness”.

Acknowledge that black youths in the innner city are being shortchanged with the quotas in public schools. Allow quality of life crackdowns that help prevent senseless crime and homicides whose victims are 90% black.

Unless we are willing to confront hard truths instead of giving lip service and shouting racism and white privilege from the rooftops as if it will solve problems, we will continue the status quo which causes untold misery and harm to black people who deserve a better future.

Offline bochur22

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 03:33:48 PM »
For Blacks however, it was far from nice and dandy, and America's history with blacks is notorious for that. Blacks otoh were rounded up in in their native countries, placed onto ships to be sold here by the pound.
Slavery in America wasn't markedly worse than in most other Western countries. And the blacks who were sold here were usually provided by their fellow blacks. The rounding up was done inland by competing tribes who sold each other. For those not sold in the raids, their story often ended in the pot in the center of the enemy tribe's village.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
Slavery in America wasn't markedly worse than in most other Western countries. And the blacks who were sold here were usually provided by their fellow blacks. The rounding up was done inland by competing tribes who sold each other. For those not sold in the raids, their story often ended in the pot in the center of the enemy tribe's village.
Even if true, so what?
Feelings don't care about your facts