Author Topic: Paying EIDL Loan with an Amex Debit Card?  (Read 765 times)

Offline Eli7777

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Paying EIDL Loan with an Amex Debit Card?
« on: February 15, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »
Does anyone know if the EIDL loan repayment is an eligible spend and actually earns membership rewards? Amex web site small letters says "goods and services" but I am not sure if this counts and dont have an account to try. can be nice since the EIDL portal allows you to pay with a debit card.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-checking/?intlink=us-CMS-RCMYCADO&eep=79020

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Paying EIDL Loan with an Amex Debit Card?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 03:36:59 PM »
Does anyone know if the EIDL loan repayment is an eligible spend and actually earns membership rewards? Amex web site small letters says "goods and services" but I am not sure if this counts and dont have an account to try. can be nice since the EIDL portal allows you to pay with a debit card.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-checking/?intlink=us-CMS-RCMYCADO&eep=79020

1) I have yet to find anyone that treats the amex debit card as debit and not credit so if it works its a good find.

2) since I doubt you have another sort of MS play here it's worth it to try and report back

Offline Eli7777

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »
1) I have yet to find anyone that treats the amex debit card as debit and not credit so if it works its a good find.

2) since I doubt you have another sort of MS play here it's worth it to try and report back

I don't have the amex checking account and despite this being a long shot I wanted to see if anyone else tried it before I opened one myself. I am not holding my breath...   
If I do end up opening an account I WILL try and report back.

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 03:44:27 PM »
I don't have the amex checking account and despite this being a long shot I wanted to see if anyone else tried it before I opened one myself. I am not holding my breath...   
If I do end up opening an account I WILL try and report back.

IDK how there portal is set up but you can ask someone that does have the account if you put there debit card in without making a payment and that will give you more info