Author Topic: Looking for someone with hilton status to book my hotel room this weekend  (Read 2323 times)

Offline romancegee

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I am looking for someone with high hilton status that can get me upgraded and book my hotel in vegas for this weekend 2/24-2/26 at conrad  at the resorts las vegas
Please whatsapp me as i dont check here often 917-589-1391
Thanks
Jamie

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
I am looking for someone with high hilton status that can get me upgraded and book my hotel in vegas for this weekend 2/24-2/26 at conrad  at the resorts las vegas
Please whatsapp me as i dont check here often
Thanks
Jamie
You shouldn’t post your full phone number
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
You shouldn’t post your full phone number

Well half the phone number wouldn’t work would it?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Well half the phone number wouldn’t work would it?
You can write out part of it with words instead of numbers
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Please whatsapp me as i dont check here often 917-589-1391
Thanks
Jamie
That would be a new feature to me that one could get elite benefits without the elite member who booked staying in the room. How does that work?

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
That would be a new feature to me that one could get elite benefits without the elite member who booked staying in the room. How does that work?
I can book anyone using my Marriott Gold status. If you want, lmk.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I can book anyone using my Marriott Gold status. If you want, lmk.
I don't doubt you can book, but unless we have the same name I'm not going to get any of your elite benefits for the stay.

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
I don't doubt you can book, but unless we have the same name I'm not going to get any of your elite benefits for the stay.
I can add you as a second guest and you can check in ubder my account. It's as if i am staying there and you are the second guest.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I can add you as a second guest and you can check in ubder my account. It's as if i am staying there and you are the second guest.
Good luck with that. It may work or they may refuse to let the person check in and they've got to deal with trying to find another room. I can't imagine the loyalty program would put up with much of that BS once they figured out what you were doing, which would be obvious when you never showed up. Gold isn't much to lose but if you've got a lot of points or lifetime status it would be a shame to lose them over an attempt to give elite benefits to someone who didn't earn them, potentially to the detriment of other guests who did. Not to mention a shlameal move in general.

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
Good luck with that. It may work or they may refuse to let the person check in and they've got to deal with trying to find another room. I can't imagine the loyalty program would put up with much of that BS once they figured out what you were doing, which would be obvious when you never showed up. Gold isn't much to lose but if you've got a lot of points or lifetime status it would be a shame to lose them over an attempt to give elite benefits to someone who didn't earn them, potentially to the detriment of other guests who did. Not to mention a shlameal move in general.
Settle down... This isn't anything sketchy to lose your account over. This is perfectly ethical. There is a reason as to why they allow a second guest on the reservation. I know that their belief is that i am staying there but there is no way for them to catch on being that the second guest is able to check in and out. Take a deep breath...

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for someone with hilton status to book my hotel room this weekend
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023, 05:36:41 PM »
Settle down... This isn't anything sketchy to lose your account over. This is perfectly ethical. There is a reason as to why they allow a second guest on the reservation. I know that their belief is that i am staying there but there is no way for them to catch on being that the second guest is able to check in and out. Take a deep breath...
Ethical it clearly is not, but some people don't have any ethics so we'll discuss that later. My wife has a different last name than me, and I can tell you from experience that hotels frequently either won't let her check in first as the additional guest (this has mainly happened outside the U.S.) or they insist that I come down at some point after they let her check in early to verify that I'm there. Could I get away with ignoring that request on a one night stay? Sure. If I do that more than a couple times is it going to reflect in the Hilton or Marriott CRM system? Absolutely. So like I said, if one doesn't care about ethics or being a jerk to fellow elites, one still has to contend with the fact that they're knowingly and willfully breaking a program rule with consequences that vary from not having a room to losing status and accumulated points.

Now, is it ethical? For starters it violates the rules the elite member agreed to when they signed up for the program, and most people would consider breaking your word to be unethical at best. Not to mention the lie/attempt at deception of booking a room in one's name knowing you arent going to stay and putting your name in for the sole reason of circumventing the program rules. And they know full well they're violating program rules, otherwise they would just book the hotel in the other person's name or call the hotel and tell them what they intended to do. One can be a liar and break their word and I suppose some don't care as long as they can convince themselves its some big bad corporation they're cheating so that makes it all OK. But when I don't get a room upgrade after following the program rules to obtain status because someone with a higher status booked a room they have no intention of personally staying in to get someone without status that room upgrade its not a victimless action. Plus the elite member is obtaining elite nights and points for a room they never had an intention of occupying, so their elite status itself is in part obtained by this sham.

A pretty universal ethical framework is to ask yourself what would happen if everyone did what one is proposing. Imagine if every non-elite guest found an elite member to book a room for them and cheat the system in the manner proposed? The entire program would be pointless and the entire elite program would go away. But calm down man, it's not everyone doing it, it's just a few of us selfish a-holes who feel entitled to cheat the system in a way we acknowledge would break the entire system if everyone did it?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 05:57:10 PM by Sig »

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 03:52:47 AM »
Ethical it clearly is not, but some people don't have any ethics so we'll discuss that later. My wife has a different last name than me, and I can tell you from experience that hotels frequently either won't let her check in first as the additional guest (this has mainly happened outside the U.S.) or they insist that I come down at some point after they let her check in early to verify that I'm there. Could I get away with ignoring that request on a one night stay? Sure. If I do that more than a couple times is it going to reflect in the Hilton or Marriott CRM system? Absolutely. So like I said, if one doesn't care about ethics or being a jerk to fellow elites, one still has to contend with the fact that they're knowingly and willfully breaking a program rule with consequences that vary from not having a room to losing status and accumulated points.

Now, is it ethical? For starters it violates the rules the elite member agreed to when they signed up for the program, and most people would consider breaking your word to be unethical at best. Not to mention the lie/attempt at deception of booking a room in one's name knowing you arent going to stay and putting your name in for the sole reason of circumventing the program rules. And they know full well they're violating program rules, otherwise they would just book the hotel in the other person's name or call the hotel and tell them what they intended to do. One can be a liar and break their word and I suppose some don't care as long as they can convince themselves its some big bad corporation they're cheating so that makes it all OK. But when I don't get a room upgrade after following the program rules to obtain status because someone with a higher status booked a room they have no intention of personally staying in to get someone without status that room upgrade its not a victimless action. Plus the elite member is obtaining elite nights and points for a room they never had an intention of occupying, so their elite status itself is in part obtained by this sham.

A pretty universal ethical framework is to ask yourself what would happen if everyone did what one is proposing. Imagine if every non-elite guest found an elite member to book a room for them and cheat the system in the manner proposed? The entire program would be pointless and the entire elite program would go away. But calm down man, it's not everyone doing it, it's just a few of us selfish a-holes who feel entitled to cheat the system in a way we acknowledge would break the entire system if everyone did it?
How could this violate a rule if they specifically allow a second guest to check in? You have some explaining to do... Also, why does this hit a raw nerve? Have you been scammed in the past or something???

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 07:01:36 AM »
How could this violate a rule if they specifically allow a second guest to check in? You have some explaining to do... Also, why does this hit a raw nerve? Have you been scammed in the past or something???
You're right, why don't you call up the programs and tell them what you're doing since it's perfectly OK by them? Actually I have a couple of my MBA classmates who are relatively senior at Hilton and Marriott, I'll point them to this thread and ask them what they think. I'll check back in and let you know what they say, although the person who posted their phone number might hear back before I do :)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 10:35:14 AM »
You're right, why don't you call up the programs and tell them what you're doing since it's perfectly OK by them? Actually I have a couple of my MBA classmates who are relatively senior at Hilton and Marriott, I'll point them to this thread and ask them what they think. I'll check back in and let you know what they say, although the person who posted their phone number might hear back before I do :)
Steve2, is that you? :)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 02:27:57 PM »
A secondary guest is allowed to check in, it’s totally up to the hotel on a YMMV basis if they honor elite status without account holder showing up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with booking a hotel stay for someone on your account.

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
maybe he's just not worried about his hilton status which isnt worth much to begin with  :)

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 03:43:13 PM »
Steve2, is that you? :)
I don't know a Steve2, but if he's a handsome, rakish fellow then sure, that's me! ;D

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 03:47:07 PM »
I don't know a Steve2, but if he's a handsome, rakish fellow then sure, that's me! ;D
He should have been around when you joined. ;)

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2023, 11:55:49 PM »

isn’t this the same issue as people selling their Marriott certificates? Do you have a problem with that too?

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2023, 12:41:36 AM »
Actually I have a couple of my MBA classmates who are relatively senior at Hilton and Marriott, I'll point them to this thread and ask them what they think. I'll check back in and let you know what they say, although the person who posted their phone number might hear back before I do :)
What did they say?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half