Author Topic: Which one would you pick??  (Read 3512 times)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Which one would you pick??
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2023, 09:07:34 PM »
The red letters on top - both the content they contain (isn't this about supporting Torah? The idea of "free names" negates that message) and their style (1980's pizza store pop-up) is 5 steps backward. Just scrap that part, that's my opinion.

Offline flyerb

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2023, 01:50:24 PM »
(isn't this about supporting Torah? The idea of "free names" negates that message)
My rationale is that when someone gives their name they would give a donation as well, but I could be wrong.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2023, 03:05:57 PM »
My rationale is that when someone gives their name they would give a donation as well, but I could be wrong.
I think it depends how it is done.

I once got hooked because by this. I must have given my names to the kollel by Kever Rochel a while ago. I got a call this year from a very friendly sounding woman just simply asking to make sure that the names are accurate, and she went through all the names. Then she asked if there was any special requests, which they would daven for. After the whole conversation, and a number of brachos from her, she added, matter-of-factly, that if I really wanted, I could also help partner with the financial undertaking of the kollel. I was at that point very overwhelmed by her caring call (sounded like an older American living in Eretz Yisroel, who gives really emphatic brachos with real emotion and feeling), and I donated $36 IIRC.

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2023, 03:11:38 PM »
I think it depends how it is done.

I once got hooked because by this. I must have given my names to the kollel by Kever Rochel a while ago. I got a call this year from a very friendly sounding woman just simply asking to make sure that the names are accurate, and she went through all the names. Then she asked if there was any special requests, which they would daven for. After the whole conversation, and a number of brachos from her, she added, matter-of-factly, that if I really wanted, I could also help partner with the financial undertaking of the kollel. I was at that point very overwhelmed by her caring call (sounded like an older American living in Eretz Yisroel, who gives really emphatic brachos with real emotion and feeling), and I donated $36 IIRC.

Wait what....is this some sort of new method??? i had exact same a gentle older gentleman and i thought wow he is really nice going out of his way like this and now BAM

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2023, 03:17:48 PM »
Wait what....is this some sort of new method??? i had exact same a gentle older gentleman and i thought wow he is really nice going out of his way like this and now BAM

Who would've thought you can fundraise by being nice to people? I thought you needed to do like what I've gotten on the day of my daughter's wedding "I'm calling from Kollel You Never Heard Of...... You mean you don't want the major zchus for the young couple?"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2023, 03:19:50 PM »
Who would've thought you can fundraise by being nice to people? I thought you needed to do like what I've gotten on the day of my daughter's wedding "I'm calling from Kollel You Never Heard Of...... You mean you don't want the major zchus for the young couple?"

im all for being nice i just thought it i got lucky not that this is the new script

Offline Flatbush

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2023, 12:05:53 AM »
When Organizations stopped charging for their online concerts and made a campaign out of it they brought in much more. Hatzalah, oorah, atime etc