Author Topic: HELP - DELAYED - getting onto next flight at JFK  (Read 531 times)

Offline keravelt

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
HELP - DELAYED - getting onto next flight at JFK
« on: March 12, 2023, 05:19:33 AM »
Sorry , not a regular user but im looking for help or advice.
Im currently on a jetblue flight from west coast to to JFK on Jetblue. I have a separate (award) ticket on Virgin Atlantic to fly to TLV so i can be there by Monday morning and join a group tour. I was to have 3.5 hours buffer space to land, collect bag and recheck.
Jetblue 1190 is now scheduled to land at 7:51 am, instead of the original 5:53 am. Other flight is 9:15 am. bag cutoff is 60 minutes.

i highly doubt i will have enough time until bag comes out at carousel. If i come after bag cutoff they wont let my bag on (nor myself and reschedule me).
Someone suggested not collecting bag with JEtblue and making a claim and they will send it over to israel. not ideal for me, but better than changing flights.  with Virgin. not sure if this is even possible.

Looking for advice and tips from the DDF community. heard you guys came through before!

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
Re: HELP - DELAYED - getting onto next flight at JFK
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 05:48:33 AM »
Sorry , not a regular user but im looking for help or advice.
Im currently on a jetblue flight from west coast to to JFK on Jetblue. I have a separate (award) ticket on Virgin Atlantic to fly to TLV so i can be there by Monday morning and join a group tour. I was to have 3.5 hours buffer space to land, collect bag and recheck.
Jetblue 1190 is now scheduled to land at 7:51 am, instead of the original 5:53 am. Other flight is 9:15 am. bag cutoff is 60 minutes.

i highly doubt i will have enough time until bag comes out at carousel. If i come after bag cutoff they wont let my bag on (nor myself and reschedule me).
Someone suggested not collecting bag with JEtblue and making a claim and they will send it over to israel. not ideal for me, but better than changing flights.  with Virgin. not sure if this is even possible.

Looking for advice and tips from the DDF community. heard you guys came through before!
JetBlue and Virgin have an interline agreement. In theory that means that you can ask the check in agent to check your luggage to your final destination even on separate reservations, and it’s on them if it doesn’t make it. I would still try to get some data points on if they actually allow it at the airport.

Offline keravelt

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 06:42:03 AM »
JetBlue and Virgin have an interline agreement. In theory that means that you can ask the check in agent to check your luggage to your final destination even on separate reservations, and it’s on them if it doesn’t make it. I would still try to get some data points on if they actually allow it at the airport.
I'm already on the plane so that ship has sailed. Not an option at the moment

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 08:17:58 AM »
I'm already on the plane so that ship has sailed. Not an option at the moment

I think they mean check in agent for your subsequent flight
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline keravelt

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 09:17:02 AM »
Thank you for assisting.
In the end JetBlue wouldn't help, but the bag came out 8:08 and I ran all the way to terminal 4 and just made it by 8:15 am to get bag on.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 09:18:04 AM »
Thank you for assisting.
In the end JetBlue wouldn't help, but the bag came out 8:08 and I ran all the way to terminal 4 and just made it by 8:15 am to get bag on.

BH, enjoy the rest of your trip.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 09:22:47 AM »
Thank you for assisting.
Nice!

Hope all the aggravation stands as a zechus to help evert a bigger problem.

Offline yoohoo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 09:32:24 AM »
glad he made the connection but had it been too close it definitely wouldn’t have made onto to his flight. Perhaps on a later flight.