Author Topic: Doordash Master Thread  (Read 442 times)

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Doordash Master Thread
« on: March 27, 2024, 12:14:05 AM »
My Doordash orders are never fully filled.
For example, when ordering 6 cases of seltzer cans (8 cans each) I only receive 4.
This is very annoying, since having to reorder the remainder forces one to pay fees and tips a 2nd time.
Even worse is that by filling only part of the order, the special discounts for ordering more than $20 or $25 fall away causing me to pay more for my smaller order than my original larger order!
Not to mention, that the tip was calculated based on a bigger order yet it doesn't go down when only part of the order is filled.
All this is really wrong.
Customer service doesn't help.
Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 12:24:50 AM by ae123 »

Online HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
Re: Doordash Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:20:30 AM »
My Doordash orders are never fully filled.
For example, when ordering 6 cases of seltzer cans (8 cans each) I only receive 4.
This is very annoying, since having to reorder the remainder forces one to pay fees and tips a 2nd time.
Even worse is that by filling only part of the order, the special discounts for ordering more than $20 or $25 fall away causing me to pay more for my smaller order than my original larger order!
Not to mention, that the tip was calculated based on a bigger order yet it doesn't go down when only part of the order is filled.
All this is really wrong.
Customer service doesn't help.
Any help would be appreciated.

Customer service doesn't help? How many times did you call. If something goes wrong with my order (in general), I don't stop speaking to them until they completely compensate for the issue. If they are not willing to help, ask to speak to a supervisor. Or huca. Ask for some coupon code... Companies usually don't hang up on you if you're not disrespectful. And if they should, I use that to my advantage, calling back and telling them how rude the rep was yada yada yada... And usually then they'll help you even more so. If you have a request that you think you deserve, tell them this is what you want without waiting for them to offer it, you have to be polite and pushy.

As far as drivers not fulfilling your orders correctly, it can be hard to get them to fulfil it exactly the way you want it. If they're lazy, they'll just be lazy. Since who's gonna stop them...... But as far as compensation, with enough patience and effort, you'll usually get your way. (Provided you have a valid claim, which it seems you do)
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 11:28:20 PM »
Customer service doesn't help? How many times did you call. If something goes wrong with my order (in general), I don't stop speaking to them until they completely compensate for the issue. If they are not willing to help, ask to speak to a supervisor. Or huca. Ask for some coupon code... Companies usually don't hang up on you if you're not disrespectful. And if they should, I use that to my advantage, calling back and telling them how rude the rep was yada yada yada... And usually then they'll help you even more so. If you have a request that you think you deserve, tell them this is what you want without waiting for them to offer it, you have to be polite and pushy.

As far as drivers not fulfilling your orders correctly, it can be hard to get them to fulfil it exactly the way you want it. If they're lazy, they'll just be lazy. Since who's gonna stop them...... But as far as compensation, with enough patience and effort, you'll usually get your way. (Provided you have a valid claim, which it seems you do)
I never tried calling.
The default customer service is chat, and they are very unhelpful.

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 12:39:54 AM »
I never tried calling.
The default customer service is chat, and they are very unhelpful.
Try calling... Why don't you also try different delivery companies.. Instacart perhaps.
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 08:25:44 AM »
Try calling... Why don't you also try different delivery companies.. Instacart perhaps.
Calling didn't help.
They claim nothing can be done 3 days after an order.
Anything to lose by disputing the credit card charge?

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:27 AM »
Calling didn't help.
I don't see how there is anything to lose, but I'm not sure it would work...It's not Really the whole order you are disputing...  Maybe if you have purchase protection it would help.
אין עוד מלבדו

Online baron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 09:22:17 AM »
I don't see how there is anything to lose, but I'm not sure it would work...It's not Really the whole order you are disputing...  Maybe if you have purchase protection it would help.
Incorrect. If you paid for something and didn’t receive it you have the right to dispute it. No need to use PP with the headache it comes with paperwork etc. Most banks (All Banks?) have an option for partial dispute, if not you can just mention it in the notes of the dispute.

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 09:27:19 AM »
Incorrect. If you paid for something and didn’t receive it you have the right to dispute it. No need to use PP with the headache it comes with paperwork etc. Most banks (All Banks?) have an option for partial dispute, if not you can just mention it in the notes of the dispute.
Ok... For some reason I was under the assumption that you can only do a complete dispute, not a partial one. The diff between the two though will be that a dispute they will go back to the company and ask them to explain... Which many times they can end up siding with them... Unlike PP which the bank takes the loss...
אין עוד מלבדו

Online baron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 09:33:50 AM »
Ok... For some reason I was under the assumption that you can only do a complete dispute, not a partial one. The diff between the two though will be that a dispute they will go back to the company and ask them to explain... Which many times they can end up siding with them... Unlike PP which the bank takes the loss...
Why should they? That’s not really what PP was made for. Disputes are for such a case. Remember, disputing isn’t a privilege vs PP which is

Online HudZ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 09:53:29 AM »
Why should they? That’s not really what PP was made for. Disputes are for such a case. Remember, disputing isn’t a privilege vs PP which is
Ok.. So let us know happens..
אין עוד מלבדו

Offline Bored Bachur

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2024, 10:04:29 AM »
Calling didn't help.
just a heads up, I know someone who wasn't able to use Uber Uber eats & Postmates after he disputed a charge until he paid back that amount, not sure the doordash policy but I hope this won't get you banned.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2024, 09:59:58 PM »
just a heads up, I know someone who wasn't able to use Uber Uber eats & Postmates after he disputed a charge until he paid back that amount, not sure the doordash policy but I hope this won't get you banned.
That's pretty unfair, especially if he had a valid claim.