Author Topic: Lost laptop at EWR  (Read 970 times)

Offline chaim762

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Lost laptop at EWR
« on: March 21, 2023, 01:37:24 AM »
I just experienced a situation at EWR, and I feel it is good to share.

We were traveling from EWR to TLV with ELAL. When we were sitting on the plane, I noted that my (very important!) laptop was not with me.

I went to the crew, and they were already preparing to close the doors. They were nice enough and called someone to take me out and said that they are giving me 45 seconds to be back, and if I was not back, they are leaving. We ran out and searched till the TSA counter, but nothing was found, so we ran back, and I caught the flight on my last breath. (Honestly, I don't remember running so fast in my entire life)

I was nervous about my laptop, and everyone I spoke with told me I have no chance. But I decided to give it a chance, as I need all my information on it. When I arrived in Israel, I searched all the options and started to fill out claims here and there wherever it was possible, from TSA claims to EWR lost and found. Not that I had high hopes; I just wanted to feel that I tried my best.

On our 7th day in Israel, I got an email from TSA that they had found a laptop. But my laptop didn't have a name on it, so I wasn't at all sure if they had found mine.

Shortly after I came back, I drove over to the address they provided, about a 30-minute drive from the airport, and yes, the laptop was mine! BH

My takeaway from this is first Daven to Hashem. Then follow all the options you have.

Offline ~King Lake~

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lost laptop at EWR
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 11:51:39 AM »

We were traveling from EWR to TLV with ELAL. When we were sitting on the plane, I noted that my (very important!) laptop was not with me.

I went to the crew, and they were already preparing to close the doors. They were nice enough and called someone to take me out and said that they are giving me 45 seconds to be back, and if I was not back, they are leaving. We ran out and searched till the TSA counter, but nothing was found, so we ran back, and I caught the flight on my last breath. (Honestly, I don't remember running so fast in my entire life)

I was nervous about my laptop, and everyone I spoke with told me I have no chance. But I decided to give it a chance, as I need all my information on it. When I arrived in Israel, I searched all the options and started to fill out claims here and there wherever it was possible, from TSA claims to EWR lost and found. Not that I had high hopes; I just wanted to feel that I tried my best.

On our 7th day in Israel, I got an email from TSA that they had found a laptop. But my laptop didn't have a name on it, so I wasn't at all sure if they had found mine.

Shortly after I came back, I drove over to the address they provided, about a 30-minute drive from the airport, and yes, the laptop was mine! BH

My takeaway from this is first Daven to Hashem. Then follow all the options you have.
You should've bought the lottery on the way back from picking up your laptop!
I’m in shape, round is a shape…

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 01:24:53 PM »

You didn't say in the story that you davened. So how is that the takeaway?

Offline JMHO

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 03:33:11 PM »
You didn't say in the story that you davened. So how is that the takeaway?
It's a given ::)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 11:20:40 AM »
my friend lost a laptop last night at jfk terminal 4 baggage carousel, any idea who would be correct place of contact report ?

the airline, port authority, tsa ?

any help appreciated

Offline ~King Lake~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 07:01:59 PM »
my friend lost a laptop last night at jfk terminal 4 baggage carousel, any idea who would be correct place of contact report ?

the airline, port authority, tsa ?

any help appreciated
All of the above
I’m in shape, round is a shape…