Author Topic: Sapphire World MasterCard  (Read 193585 times)

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature to World MasterCard
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
If I need to sacrifice my WMC SP to get approved for the SP Visa do I need to transfer out my UR points first?

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
I currently have the SP visa, has anyone applied for the sapphire card directly from the mastercard.com link and gotten approved for the SP mastercard?

Yes.

If I need to sacrifice my WMC SP to get approved for the SP Visa do I need to transfer out my UR points first?

Yes.

Offline yitzf

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:41 PM »
Yes.
Thanks,
Can it be done on the phone with recon or I should do it even before I start trying to get the SP Visa recon'd

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2012, 01:54:05 PM »
Thanks,
Can it be done on the phone with recon or I should do it even before I start trying to get the SP Visa recon'd

Recon won't do it they'll transfer you. What I did was tell the recon rep. to wait a minute while I logged on and did it myself.

To make a long story short, in my case for some reason the transfer didn't work online so I hung up with recon and called reg CS and had them transfer it plus a 2500 bonus for the hassle. When I called back I got approved without having to close the card in the end.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2012, 12:41:38 AM »
Success Story:

I have recently been of the opinion that if the app status says 2 weeks, don't call recon and let it play out itself.  My approvals last week affirm my belief.   I did a 2bm (resulting in 2 pulls :() for Ink Bold and Sapphire Preferred (shortly after switching my first to WMC but before upgrading the WMC to Preferred).  Both of the applications were pending  :( but said 2 weeks  :).  I exercised control and did not call.  I was approved for both in due course, no questions asked 8).  It is hard to wait it out, but I believe it's worth it.  Calling, IME, calls attention to things they might not notice in the regular approval process.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »
I did a 2bm (resulting in 2 pulls :() for Ink Bold and Sapphire Preferred

The frown tells me you were expecting something different to happen other than 2 pulls.  It's been reported plenty of times that with Chase, mixing business cards with personal cards will result in 2 pulls.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:23 PM »
את חטאי אני מזכיר
I had no success changing my sp visa to a mastercard -everyone i spoke to said that they can't do it since I need to have the card for a year before making any changes.  I figured the only way to chap arein and get the 50k bonus was to go to the mastercard site and just apply for a sp mastercard.  I felt guilty about not using Dan's link but since he didn't have a link for a mc and there was no other way to do it I figured it was the only way.
Anyway i got a rejection letter stating that I can't have a mastercard because I already have an sp (visa) and since it's the same product you can't have two of them.  I tried recon and huca again and again but they all told me it's impossible.  There is no way their system will allow them to let someone have two sp since they are the same product.
How did everyone manage to get around this?

Online aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
את חטאי אני מזכיר
I had no success changing my sp visa to a mastercard -everyone i spoke to said that they can't do it since I need to have the card for a year before making any changes.  I figured the only way to chap arein and get the 50k bonus was to go to the mastercard site and just apply for a sp mastercard.  I felt guilty about not using Dan's link but since he didn't have a link for a mc and there was no other way to do it I figured it was the only way.
Anyway i got a rejection letter stating that I can't have a mastercard because I already have an sp (visa) and since it's the same product you can't have two of them.  I tried recon and huca again and again but they all told me it's impossible.  There is no way their system will allow them to let someone have two sp since they are the same product.
it sounds like they used to be more lenient

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
את חטאי אני מזכיר
They definitely did become much stricter and maybe even updated their system, I had the same problem last week, untill they told me if I CLOSE my SP visa completely he will immediately approve the new SP MC, so i went for it!

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
they told me if I CLOSE my SP visa completely he will immediately approve the new SP MC, so i went for it!
that's basically what they told me but they insisted I pay off the balance first

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #310 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
Why didn't you try to downgrade the SP to a regular Sapphire, and then ask for the new SP, since its no longer the same product?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 16, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »
Why didn't you try to downgrade the SP to a regular Sapphire, and then ask for the new SP, since its no longer the same product?
Wrong. Looks like with thee new restrictions this has also changed, I did try but was told by 8+ reps that they are both saphire products and no chance the system will not allow it, I even recieved a letter from Chase that due to having 2 sapphires I have been declined.

Offline WhyAich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature to World MasterCard
« Reply #312 on: April 16, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »
UPDATE:

I or approved for the VISA preferred and my old VI preferred that was suppose to get changed to MA preffered came as a reg. MasterCard. Escalated this to top people.. Will report.
(the last rep said that they can change visa to MasterCard at any time but from reg to preffered it's illegal within 12 months. You can't change the product. I asked her how did the previous rep change my old visa preffered... She had no idea and said it was illegal... Seems like we have a bunch of incompetents as well...)
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline Cbs

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:56 AM »
so bottom line, it doesnt work anymore? is it worth a shot (or the pull)?

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »
את חטאי אני מזכיר
why not just sacrifice the visa to get the MC?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »
Yeah I don't understand why people are complaining about keeping their Visa, or if they manage to switch to WMC, continue to complain because it's not a WMC Preferred.

You're going to cancel the card anyway due to annual fee, and the goal was to get another 50k bonus, so why does it matter?

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
Yeah I don't understand why people are complaining about keeping their Visa, or if they manage to switch to WMC, continue to complain because it's not a WMC Preferred.

You're going to cancel the card anyway due to annual fee, and the goal was to get another 50k bonus, so why does it matter?
Good point!  I guess I didn't think it through because I just was expecting different results.
Would I would have to move all my points to my freedom card first?  Should I first try to transfer the credit line and then deal with the mastercard app?

Online aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
Did anyone spend 3k on the converted MC to see if it gives the bonus again?

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2012, 07:48:13 AM »
Yes, and yes.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
Yes, and yes.

Really? You converted a SP Visa, spent 3k, got 50K, then switched that card to a SP MC, spent another 3k, and got another 50K?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper