ShlockDoc's Midwest Roadtrip - Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming
VacationLover's Sedona and the Grand Canyon TR
drewsky9's Arizona Trip Report
Ikelunious99's Arizona Trip Report

Activities

Phoenix

Lucky Strike Lanes
Octance Raceway- Extremely fast Go-Karting
Nordstrom Last Chance - Only one in the world. Amazing deals and great finds! (Close to Segal's)
Phoenix Coyotes
Arizona Diamondbacks
Phoenix Suns
Bearizona
Encanto Park

Grand Canyon
South Kaibab Trail- One of the top rated trails for the GC
Bright Angel Trail - Also one of the top rated trails for GC
Skywalk
Grand Canyon National Park Lodges

Tucson
Saguaro National Park

Restaurants

Phoenix

King Solomon's Pizza - Great food, try the zeplins! Menu Address closed
Segal's Oasis Grill- Best ribs I've ever had! Menu Address
Samarkand Restaurant Map
LaBella Pizzeria and Restaurant- excellent food! http://www.labellapizzeriaandrestaurant.com
phenomenal pizza @ great prices... pizza and dairy 8/10... sushi 6/10

Zabari Grill - Israeli (Shwarma/falafel) clean pleace for AZ... food 6/10   [/size]http://zabarigrill.com/
613 Grill

[/size]Scottsdale
Kitchen 18
Milk & honey @JCC great food but not cholov yisroel (They do have cholov yisroel cheese)

Groceries[/color]

Segal's One Stop Kosher Foods Map
Imperial Market & Deli Map

[/size]Shuls[/i]

Ohr Hatorah Congregation- Located in Phoenix Map
Chabad Jewish Center of North Phoenix Map
Ahavas Torah:The Scottsdale Torah Center Map

yuneeq's Maps

Activities, Restaurants, Shuls, and some other stuff in Phoenix
http://goo.gl/maps/OFL8z
Full day trip from Phoenix to Grand Canyon with a stop off at Sedona
http://goo.gl/maps/qy0hy

Going to AZ in the summer? Trying to beat the heat? Pack a sweater. Flagstaff, the Grand Canyon and most of Utah are usually in the 40s at night, even in August!

Other & More Info Click Here
« Last edited by tmendy226 on May 15, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »

Author Topic: Arizona Master Thread  (Read 144389 times)

Offline PBaruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Master Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »
Shabbas take out.....

Challahs... the works...

Where and what time do they close?

Landing in PHX at ~ 9:14am going to be in Scottsdale for Shabbas IMYH

http://www.thekitchen18.com/

We very much enjoyed this restaurant.  They have a Shabbos take out menu.
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
http://www.thekitchen18.com/

We very much enjoyed this restaurant.  They have a Shabbos take out menu.

Going next week- any recommendations?

Offline PBaruch

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
Going next week- any recommendations?

I had a burger there and it was phenomenal.  When I commented on how good it was I was told that it was grass fed beef which made a big difference.  The kids had chicken strips with fries and liked it.  DW had two different kinds of wraps (chicken and meat) which she also liked.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 18, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »
I had a burger there and it was phenomenal.  When I commented on how good it was I was told that it was grass fed beef which made a big difference.  The kids had chicken strips with fries and liked it.  DW had two different kinds of wraps (chicken and meat) which she also liked.
How new is this place? I don't recall it being open in the summer when I was there...

Offline PBaruch

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2015, 06:35:33 PM »
How new is this place? I don't recall it being open in the summer when I was there...

I don't know how long it has been open but it was open for at least 3 years.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 18, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
I don't know how long it has been open but it was open for at least 3 years.
Oh what a shame.... I would deffinetly have checked it out.... What hashgacha is it under, the vaad?

Offline PBaruch

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 18, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »
Oh what a shame.... I would deffinetly have checked it out.... What hashgacha is it under, the vaad?

Chabad of Scottsdale.  I met the Chabad Rabbi who gives the hashgacha this summer.  He happened to be there during one of our visits.

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
Chabad of Scottsdale.  I met the Chabad Rabbi who gives the hashgacha this summer.  He happened to be there during one of our visits.
Is that considered to be on par with the vaad?

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
Is that considered to be on par with the vaad?

The Chabad is stricter because of Pas and Chalav Israel (although I definitely eat the Vaad).  There is also a dairy restaurant (can't remember the name) in Scottsdale now under the Vaad instead of Chabad because they wanted to add in Chalav Stam items.  Also an awesome Asian vegan restaurant called Fresh Mint under the Vaad and they delivered to our hotel through the Eat24 app (it felt like getting room service). ;)  You can search all these restaurants on Shamash.

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »
The Chabad is stricter because of Pas and Chalav Israel (although I definitely eat the Vaad).  There is also a dairy restaurant (can't remember the name) in Scottsdale now under the Vaad instead of Chabad because they wanted to add in Chalav Stam items.  Also an awesome Asian vegan restaurant called Fresh Mint under the Vaad and they delivered to our hotel through the Eat24 app (it felt like getting room service). ;)  You can search all these restaurants on Shamash.

Mozart Cafe, decent place which btw is right next door to Paprika. Both of which are a 5 minute Uber from the Hyatt. Or 20 minute scenic walk.

Offline Mutty

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #430 on: December 15, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
We've been to Scottsdale before for a short trip, a very nice SPG hotel. Visited Sedona at that time. There was food around. There was a shul 1.5 miles away (Rabbi Shoshan?). So my question is, if we want to go to that area again with the following, what is recommended? Need a shul, hopefully closer for Shabbos. Need food, restaurants (?), food for Shabbos, maybe Shabbos friendly hotel. Have two free Marriot category 4 and one free Marriot category 5 (I don't see anything that's really nice on those categories). Have AA mileage, some Avios as well. Any help on the above would be appreciated. This is for mid winter - end of Jan to beginning Feb, 6 days. Thanks
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline PBaruch

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 15, 2015, 12:47:56 PM »
We've been to Scottsdale before for a short trip, a very nice SPG hotel. Visited Sedona at that time. There was food around. There was a shul 1.5 miles away (Rabbi Shoshan?). So my question is, if we want to go to that area again with the following, what is recommended? Need a shul, hopefully closer for Shabbos. Need food, restaurants (?), food for Shabbos, maybe Shabbos friendly hotel. Have two free Marriot category 4 and one free Marriot category 5 (I don't see anything that's really nice on those categories). Have AA mileage, some Avios as well. Any help on the above would be appreciated. This is for mid winter - end of Jan to beginning Feb, 6 days. Thanks

I would suggest that you contact Chabad of Scottsdale - http://www.chabadofscottsdale.org/

There are a few hotels right near the shul and Kitchen 18 where you can order food for Shabbos.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #432 on: December 15, 2015, 01:47:53 PM »
I would suggest that you contact Chabad of Scottsdale - http://www.chabadofscottsdale.org/

There are a few hotels right near the shul and Kitchen 18 where you can order food for Shabbos.
Great. Thanks.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 24, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »
Finally went through all the posts as quickly as possible. Going to Scottsdale IYH end of January to beginning Feb to Kierland villas. Been there once before, used mileage (60,000 6 nights). They don't do upgrades in the villas but they're nice. Shabbos will have to walk to Scottsdale center to daven about mile - mile and a half? Seems like plenty of food around. Will try to do some of what I read through like Sedona (second time). It was awesome last time. Saw a couple of other things we'll try. Paid for AA tickets cause it wasn't worth the points (as per my dansdeals inquiry, thanks). Any updates on places, food, etc., please write. Thank you all for the advice. Great group!

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 25, 2015, 12:14:53 AM »
Finally went through all the posts as quickly as possible. Going to Scottsdale IYH end of January to beginning Feb to Kierland villas. Been there once before, used mileage (60,000 6 nights). They don't do upgrades in the villas but they're nice. Shabbos will have to walk to Scottsdale center to daven about mile - mile and a half? Seems like plenty of food around. Will try to do some of what I read through like Sedona (second time). It was awesome last time. Saw a couple of other things we'll try. Paid for AA tickets cause it wasn't worth the points (as per my dansdeals inquiry, thanks). Any updates on places, food, etc., please write. Thank you all for the advice. Great group!

I've stayed there and the villas are also nice because they have kitchenettes to help store and heat food.  My sons tried out the Waverider surfing machine at the main pool and had fun...Also Fresh Mint restaurant will deliver there and you can eat by the pool!