Author Topic: ozempic  (Read 7365 times)

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
ozempic
« on: June 04, 2023, 12:13:31 AM »
Any ideas on getting Ozempic for less? Has anyone tried to get it from Canada or from a compound pharmacy?

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: ozempic
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 12:47:58 AM »
If patient needs it for health reasons, then insurance can cover it.

And, yes, you can get it from Canada for about $350 with a prescription.

Offline Luvtotravel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 11:45:17 AM »
id love to hear from someone with personal experience about side effects, and weight loss maintenance after stopping ozempic.
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2023, 11:56:31 AM »
IMHO it's too risky to use this for weight loss. If needed for diabetes control that's a different story and should be discussed with endocrinologist. But just for fast weight loss I wouldn't let anyone in my family get it. Maybe in 2 decades when long-term effects are better known it would be worth revaluation.

Also AFAIK ozempic for weight loss is an off-label use. Only Wegovy is approved for weight-loss.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 11:59:09 AM »
IMHO it's too risky to use this for weight loss. If needed for diabetes control that's a different story and should be discussed with endocrinologist. But just for fast weight loss I wouldn't let anyone in my family get it. Maybe in 2 decades when long-term effects are better known it would be worth revaluation.
Did you let anyone in your family get the Covid vaccine?

Offline Luvtotravel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2023, 11:59:45 AM »
that's one very valid opinion. id like to hear from the other camp too. weight loss is not something only done for vanity. its sanity too. and a whole host of potential health issues can be alleviated. for someone who has tried every diet, this seems like a fair course to try. not asking for myself, but for a family member
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2023, 01:13:27 PM »

Also AFAIK ozempic for weight loss is an off-label use. Only Wegovy is approved for weight-loss.

A doctor told me that one of his patients got pancreatitis after using one of these classof drugs and that it is a known side effect that he was not comfortable with the numbers.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2023, 07:18:38 PM »

Wegovy is Ozempic. Perfectly valid to be concerned. Some people have health issues because of weight (blood sugar, tension, triglycerides, etc.) and regular diets are not effective to lose the weight (genetics, slow metabolism, etc). For them Ozempic is a blessing. As far as immediate side effects, every person is different and doses make a difference, too. You also have to diet while on it, both in order to be effective, and to minimize side effects such as nausea, etc. (most people who get nauseous from it, simply eat too much, or eat heavy foods).

The noticable benefit of ozempic is that it is much easier to be diet and you get full very quickly and you stay full for much longer.

Offline dasmo801

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
If patient needs it for health reasons, then insurance can cover it.

And, yes, you can get it from Canada for about $350 with a prescription.

Is Canada still an option? I'm hearing that they banned exports of Ozempic.

Offline incendia

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023, 08:17:09 PM »
Any ideas on getting Ozempic for less? Has anyone tried to get it from Canada or from a compound pharmacy?

If you're getting from Canada do your due diligence that you're getting from a legit pharmacy and not just a website.

In the US the FDA and Boards of Pharmacy are cracking down on pharmacies that are "compounding"  Ozempic it's really out of their depth and at best a gray area legally

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
-- Dan

Offline monoso

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 09:26:39 PM »
In Canada, the cost is about 180 USD, but you need a prescription from a Canadian pharmacy.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2023, 10:18:26 PM »
Did you let anyone in your family get the Covid vaccine?

I got one dose.

One son got two doses.

All for travel reasons.

We all had covid early on.
-- Dan

Online gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2023, 06:40:24 PM »
I got one dose.

One son got two doses.

All for travel reasons.

We all had covid early on.
I think almost any weightloss reason is more 'serious' than most any travel reason

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2023, 07:00:29 PM »
I think almost any weightloss reason is more 'serious' than most any travel reason
You know how many people lose weight for travel

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 07:15:12 PM »
For or From? ;)
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 07:43:11 PM »
Give it a couple of years until they are charging passengers per pound...
Welcome to the world of helicopters.
For the flight itself I imagine they could get an idea but having a scale that people walk over on their way into the plane.
There are already airlines doing this. Some ask for your weight, others ask you to step on a scale.
Cape Air
Southern Airways Express
Boutique Air
There's probably others.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023, 10:37:56 PM »
I'm not a medical professional, but comparing a vaccine, which briefly introduces a protein into the body and then leaves, to a chronic and potent medication that makes drastic changes to your body is worse than foolhardy.

You name the weight loss treatment, I've seen a close relative try it. G-d blessed me with obesity in just about every gene possible in my family tree. The drugs and surgeries invariably don't work, cause huge strains on quality of life, or both. This is not the first time a drug came in the market with seeming miraculous off label weight loss ability. People died from some of them.

Even people that tout ozempic as a miracle will talk about having to throw their guts up, it's just that they feel that suffering is worth it. Perhaps it is, but you're delusional if you think that is the worst of it and that there isn't a strong liklihood for more awful side effects down the road, if not downright deadly ones.

May we all be healthy and happy, without sacrificing one for the other.

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2023, 11:19:11 PM »

I'm not a medical professional, but comparing a vaccine, which briefly introduces a protein into the body and then leaves, to a chronic and potent medication that makes drastic changes to your body is worse than foolhardy.

You name the weight loss treatment, I've seen a close relative try it. G-d blessed me with obesity in just about every gene possible in my family tree. The drugs and surgeries invariably don't work, cause huge strains on quality of life, or both. This is not the first time a drug came in the market with seeming miraculous off label weight loss ability. People died from some of them.

Even people that tout ozempic as a miracle will talk about having to throw their guts up, it's just that they feel that suffering is worth it. Perhaps it is, but you're delusional if you think that is the worst of it and that there isn't a strong liklihood for more awful side effects down the road, if not downright deadly ones.

A doctor told me that one of his patients got pancreatitis after using one of these classof drugs and that it is a known side effect that he was not comfortable with the numbers.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2023, 11:23:45 PM »

Thanks for writing this so clearly and eloquently.

If you helped convince someone not to go the Ozempic/Wegovy/Mounjaro route והיה זה שכרך.
-- Dan