Author Topic: CHS childcare subsidies  (Read 5519 times)

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: CHS childcare subsidies
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2023, 03:50:06 PM »
Anyone have insight on this?
If you are reapplying I’m pretty sure it will not be covered. Do they only go by the month? Perhaps they can kick in mid September
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:55:49 PM by imayid2 »

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2023, 07:36:36 PM »
I could submit a letter from the employer detailing the exact change of schedule, but again, that would be 'new information', and they indicated that in an appeal no new information was allowed to be submitted, only clarification.
By now you probably have paystubs that show 30 hours, maybe you can submit them to “clarify”?

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2023, 01:47:07 AM »
By now you probably have paystubs that show 30 hours, maybe you can submit them to “clarify”?
Don't have paystubs yet, but in any event, don't think they'll take 'new' information.

This is the text of an email they sent me when I asked for clarification: "If you believe we made a mistake with the information you had originally provided to use in the review of your application, you may write a written appeal. Please be advised we cannot add or change anything to the documents that were originally received with your application. If you would like to reapply with a new application and new information you are more than welcome to do so."

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2023, 11:37:44 AM »
Don't have paystubs yet, but in any event, don't think they'll take 'new' information.

This is the text of an email they sent me when I asked for clarification: "If you believe we made a mistake with the information you had originally provided to use in the review of your application, you may write a written appeal. Please be advised we cannot add or change anything to the documents that were originally received with your application. If you would like to reapply with a new application and new information you are more than welcome to do so."
Sounds like the appeal process is just to confirm if the rep correctly denied you. So it probably is the wrong route to have anything changed.. It doesn’t sound like the rep has any interest in any clarification either. I found as  time went on while I was on CHS they became more and more obsessed of denying people and sending out termination letters with new rules and requirements. Wish these daycare owners would know what kind of stress it takes to get on and stay on the program- when you are basically working against a bunch of reps looking to reject and terminate you every step of the way..

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2023, 07:43:15 AM »
I reached out to LRRC and they graciously offered to contact them on my behalf, but they said they don't have much hope because they seem adamant to deny my application. They advised me to reapply right away while they work on it.

I really think this whole thing has to be changed. When a government agency goes on a vendetta to turn away as many people as possible, mostly on the trivialist of reasons, they forgot their purpose of serving the public and need to be fired. I think some tactful publicity maybe a solution. Maybe a news report, or maybe a few open letters to a vulnerable politician. There is also an option to make it into a bias case, but there would need to be a lot of real documentation to back that up.

Whatever the case, someone needs to change this crazy system.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2023, 08:57:27 AM »
I reached out to LRRC and they graciously offered to contact them on my behalf, but they said they don't have much hope because they seem adamant to deny my application. They advised me to reapply right away while they work on it.

I really think this whole thing has to be changed. When a government agency goes on a vendetta to turn away as many people as possible, mostly on the trivialist of reasons, they forgot their purpose of serving the public and need to be fired. I think some tactful publicity maybe a solution. Maybe a news report, or maybe a few open letters to a vulnerable politician. There is also an option to make it into a bias case, but there would need to be a lot of real documentation to back that up.

Whatever the case, someone needs to change this crazy system.

Their policy that as soon as there is ANY K-1 income it automatically disqualifies is even more ridiculous.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2023, 05:40:35 PM »
Their policy that as soon as there is ANY K-1 income it automatically disqualifies is even more ridiculous.
They have so many ridiculous policies, which is why I think this agency is ripe for a blistering expose. Would love to get a good investigative reporter on board, or at least someone to ask Gov. Murphy about it at a press conference.

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2023, 07:32:33 PM »
Any logic to the 30 hours for the first year only rule?

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2023, 10:32:20 PM »
Do not give up. You’ll have to swallow September out of pocket (many daycares can give a break when you’re paying out of pocket so be sure to ask) but it’ll pay itself back many times over in the long run.

I don’t think you have more chance of getting rejected again just because they rejected you this time, my sis got on by applying again right away after being rejected for some triviality.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2023, 02:18:54 AM »
Any logic to the 30 hours for the first year only rule?
There is no logic at all to the whole thing. This should be a national scandal.

Imagine, in an era where everything goes by online portals, and other agencies have interactive websites where you can upload documentation, this is a one-packet registration with rules that are so rigid that even LRRC says that they are basically nuts. It's a true travesty, and it will only change after someone shines a spotlight on it.

It's a state program, so probably Murphy is the guy to target. I don't know that most effective way, if it's an open letter on TLS, a change.org petition, or getting a local media outlet to do a report and ask them for comment. But it's crazy how they are officially here to help but they make it so hard to get approved.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2023, 07:46:19 AM »
Just had a thought. Is the agency that administers CHS considered a public entity? If yes, they should be subject to OPRA requests. Maybe I should OPRA them for any communication about denials policies, or for any discussion about "Lakewood" (or maybe even "Orthodox Jews")?

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »
Just had a thought. Is the agency that administers CHS considered a public entity? If yes, they should be subject to OPRA requests. Maybe I should OPRA them for any communication about denials policies, or for any discussion about "Lakewood" (or maybe even "Orthodox Jews")?
"those people"

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2023, 01:56:29 PM »
same kind of craziness for many programs here in NY.
lot of times it's not sinister, just 'dumbed down' protocols to 'process' max number of applications with minimum thought. CYA
just re-apply.

not always is it helpful to shine a light on everything

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2023, 02:02:25 PM »
I don’t see the basis for your concern that this nonsense is only enforced for Lakewood.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2023, 08:02:20 PM »
+1
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2023, 10:31:07 PM »
same kind of craziness for many programs here in NY.
lot of times it's not sinister, just 'dumbed down' protocols to 'process' max number of applications with minimum thought. CYA
just re-apply.

+1
I don't think shining a light will light up everything. I think there is a very clear issue here, that they deny people for trivial reasons and there is no recourse but to start the process over again. The entire concept of "helping people" is so lacking here, and that is clearly visible even without digging too deep. I don't think that exposing that will necessarily "shine a light on everything"

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2023, 10:33:03 PM »
I don’t see the basis for your concern that this nonsense is only enforced for Lakewood.
Is it nonsense that they are enforcing or that they made up?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2023, 10:40:29 PM »
Is it nonsense that they are enforcing or that they made up?
The rules that they make

Offline WayBackMachine

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2023, 10:41:04 PM »
I don't think shining a light will light up everything. I think there is a very clear issue here, that they deny people for trivial reasons and there is no recourse but to start the process over again. The entire concept of "helping people" is so lacking here, and that is clearly visible even without digging too deep. I don't think that exposing that will necessarily "shine a light on everything"
Governor Phil Murphy
@GovMurphy
·
Aug 24
Text me “Hello” at (732) 605-5455

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2023, 10:48:54 PM »
I think there is a very clear issue here, that they deny people for trivial reasons and there is no recourse but to start the process over again.
Paystubs showing work hours are something they are very strict on in general. People have issues re-certifying while on maternity/FL.

You said you don’t have them yet, I assume you’ll wait to apply again until you get them?