Author Topic: What card should i open  (Read 893 times)

Offline mike5507

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
What card should i open
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
Hi,

I currently have the Continental Presedential Plus Card.

I recieved the offer of 1 year $395 fee waived and jumped at it.

Now that my year is coming to a close I'm about to cancel the card but am not sure what card to apply for.

I use Continental pretty regular and recieved a free baggage worth of about $70 but that still doesnt justify the $395 value.

I now am Silver on Continental and recieve the second bag free without the card as well.

I am looking for a card with no foriegn transaction fees since I will be using this card all over the world.

Also if it has some kind of lounge access would  be great.

Thanks for your help.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: What card should i open
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:19 AM »
Hi,

I currently have the Continental Presedential Plus Card.

I recieved the offer of 1 year $395 fee waived and jumped at it.

Now that my year is coming to a close I'm about to cancel the card but am not sure what card to apply for.

I use Continental pretty regular and recieved a free baggage worth of about $70 but that still doesnt justify the $395 value.

I now am Silver on Continental and recieve the second bag free without the card as well.

I am looking for a card with no foriegn transaction fees since I will be using this card all over the world.

Also if it has some kind of lounge access would  be great.

Thanks for your help.

You might want to first try and get a retention bonus, once you do, apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which has no foreign transaction fees and whose points transfer to CO/UA (and a number of other programs). If necessary, you can offer to close your PP card to get the app approved, and if they approve it anyway, close the PP and get the CL shifted over to the new card.

Chase has other no-fx-fee cards such as the Hyatt PC, and the BA, but this is probably the best offer for you.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: What card should i open
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 09:17:45 AM »
Don't close the card, do a 2/3bm for other cards and use the PP card as leverage for approval.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.