Author Topic: How to get compensation for a delayed flight (Jetblue)  (Read 340 times)

Offline Ariel A.

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
How to get compensation for a delayed flight (Jetblue)
« on: July 07, 2023, 07:47:54 AM »
I was on a flight from SJC to JFK on 6/27 (Jetblue #0670). The flight was supposed to board 8:45 pm PDT and arrive 5:43 AM EDT.

We ended up boarding somewhere around 2 AM PDT (around when we were supposed to arrive). I live chatted with JetBlue and they said it’s due to weather and they can’t offer any credits.

Is there a way to still get a credit, that delay really ruined what should have otherwise been a nice red eye.

Also noting that it seemed the plane had a mechanical issue, because before we flew out, they needed to get ground crew to check out an issue with the plane, at least that’s according to the crew when they explained why we weren’t taxing right away.

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: How to get compensation for a delayed flight (Jetblue)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 10:58:21 AM »
You'll need some proof of that, a text message or on the app the reason for the delay.

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
Re: How to get compensation for a delayed flight (Jetblue)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 01:05:43 PM »
I was on a flight from SJC to JFK on 6/27 (Jetblue #0670). The flight was supposed to board 8:45 pm PDT and arrive 5:43 AM EDT.

We ended up boarding somewhere around 2 AM PDT (around when we were supposed to arrive). I live chatted with JetBlue and they said it’s due to weather and they can’t offer any credits.

Is there a way to still get a credit, that delay really ruined what should have otherwise been a nice red eye.

Also noting that it seemed the plane had a mechanical issue, because before we flew out, they needed to get ground crew to check out an issue with the plane, at least that’s according to the crew when they explained why we weren’t taxing right away.
No matter what the issue was there is no requirement for them to compensate for domestic flight delays. That bein said, it doesn't hurt to try though.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!