Topic Wiki

CR ratings:

Ratings key
Infant 22 pound and greater than 22 pounds ratings.
40 pound convertible ratings.
Greater than 40 pound convertible ratings

Local and/or state laws regarding car seats and child restraint systems (booster seats).

New York's Occupant Restraint laws require the following:

• Children up to the age of 4 must be properly restrained in a federally approved child safety seat that is attached to a vehicle by a seat belt or universal child restraint anchorage (LATCH) system.
  • Children less than age 4 but weighing more than 40 poundsmay be restrained in a booster seat with a lap/shoulder safety belt. However, a child safety seat that accommodates higher weights can be used.
  • Children ages 4, 5, 6 and 7 must be properly secured in an appropriate child restraint system, one for which the child meets the height and weight recommendations of the child restraint manufacturer.*
  • An appropriate child restraint system is one that meets the child's size and weight recommended by the manufacturer.
  • A vehicle's safety belt is NOT a child restraint system.
  • Children riding in booster seats must be secured with a combination lap/shoulder seat belt, NEVER secure a child in a booster seat with only a lap belt.
  • From the age of 8 until they reach their 16th birthday, children must be restrained in a seat belt whenever they ride in a vehicle. All Front seat passengers must be properly restrained at all times, regardless of age.
  • Children 12 years and younger should ride in the back seat. By simply buckling up your child in the back seat reduces his/her risk of death by 33%.

*It is recommended that booster seats be used until your child is 4 foot 9 inches tall or weighs 100 pounds.[/li][/list]

New Jersey law going into effect 9/1/2015

Author Topic: Car Seat Master Thread  (Read 98694 times)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: Car Seat Master Thread
« Reply #440 on: May 15, 2023, 12:09:27 AM »
Thanks so much for your help
I forgot to write that I need it for a 2 year old
The Graco LX lite is for a newborn, am I right?
Correct.
For a 2 year old, I use a heavier one that stays in the car, so I wont be much help with that.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline Tzvi687

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA silver,HH Diamand ,Hertz pc,National ee,
Re: Car Seat Master Thread
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2023, 11:50:49 PM »
Looking for a car seat for plane travel for my 1 yr old. Would like it to be as light as possible.
Recommendations ?