Author Topic: Citi executive platinum card to change, new sign up bonus coming (100k)  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
Upcoming changes to citi executive world elite card, new annual fee, increased limited time sign up offer of 100,000 starting july 23.
Loyalty bonuses and increased authorized user fees, same setup as reserve
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:04:55 PM by Gvann »

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2023/American-Airlines-and-Citi-enhance-the-Citi-AAdvantage-Executive-World-Elite-Mastercard-with-more-benefits-AADV-07/default.aspx

also raising their prices on membership to like 800 a year as stated in th epress release and authorized users now cost money

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
Upcoming changes to citi executive world elite card, new annual fee, increased limited time sign up offer of 100,000 starting july 23.
Loyalty bonuses and increased authorized user fees, same setup as reserve

also raising their prices on membership to like 800 a year as stated in th epress release and authorized users now cost money

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2023/American-Airlines-and-Citi-enhance-the-Citi-AAdvantage-Executive-World-Elite-Mastercard-with-more-benefits-AADV-07/default.aspx

The lounge membership and passes is quite high, but apparently they are promising better lounges and upgrades to existing ones in the near months… 80 bucks for a single day pass is pretty expensive, but maybe lounges will be much emptier now

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
Now live, 100k points for 10k spend, additional loyalty point bonuses, rasied annual fee (600)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Now live, 100k points for 10k spend, additional loyalty point bonuses, rasied annual fee (600)

I would do it in a heartbeat if the 100k would be loyalty points, but on the face of it the value proposition doesn't seem there for me (credits for Avis or Budget - those are the companies to avoid in many cases, I've had negative experience. Don't use Grubhub at all, and ridesharing only occasionally).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
I would do it in a heartbeat if the 100k would be loyalty points, but on the face of it the value proposition doesn't seem there for me (credits for Avis or Budget - those are the companies to avoid in many cases, I've had negative experience. Don't use Grubhub at all, and ridesharing only occasionally).

Well that would be really dumb on american’s part if 100k were loyalty points, thats automatic platinum and OWsapphire for anyone who gets this card. But yes i find it to be a rather non-quality card (like every other high fee airline card) because paying 600 for lounges just sounds like a lot of money. The credits are not really that good. They should take a page from amex platinum (as should every high-fee airline card) i would think next year there will be many changes to the card because of lack of performance.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Should have a DD link soon.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
Should have a DD link soon.

With thoughts on the card? Curious to know opinions about taking up a 5/24 slot (number 5)

Offline UKinNYS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
read the DDMS article, aside for Club access not seeing any justification for this card

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
https://www.dansdeals.com/go/AAExecQS/

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/airlines/aa/limited-time-offer-earn-100000-american-bonus-miles-refreshed-citi-aadvantage-executive-card/

Saw, thanks. Really trying this year to rack up AA status and miles, got the AA platinum card at 75k and got status match and already locked in executive elite for first three months (halfway through). Really liking the potential of having an extra 100k miles and the status boosters, but not sure the annual fee pays. Its quite steep.

You said it can be transferred to many personal cards and listed the citibusiness AA, is that not considered a real business card? Does it report to credit score?