Author Topic: AA One Way Mileage Redemption on ElAL  (Read 15526 times)

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
AA One Way Mileage Redemption on ElAL
« on: November 30, 2009, 01:41:23 PM »
Is it possible to redeem one-way reward tickets with AA miles on ElAl?
Also, how is the availability generally?
Is there a way to check online?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: AA One Way Mileage Redemption on ElAL
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
 I never saw AA.com show anything but an itin with only AA metal!

So you need to call and ask,also if they book it (only way it can be done) say goodbye to $20

Sorry dont know if 1 ways can be booked on LY, but do keep in mind that if the non-stops arent avaialble you can fly AA to 1 of their European destinations and then connect on LY or fly IB (Iberia) the whole way or to Spain and Ly from there

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
How many miles is it to do a stopover?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 03:34:22 PM »
One ways are available, you have to book all non-AA award travel over the phone.
If you want a stop in Europe you can book it as 2 tickets and save 5K miles during off-peak times.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
Can the stop be for a few days or only the same day?
Where in Europe can you stop? Ca you stop in England?

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »
Oh I see you said "two tickets" so I guess it can be any amount of time. How is availability usually? If I'm making a ticket for my wife and I using two different accounts, is it possible there will be availability for only one of us and once I make the ticket they will tell me there are none left for the same flight?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
Oh I see you said "two tickets" so I guess it can be any amount of time. How is availability usually? If I'm making a ticket for my wife and I using two different accounts, is it possible there will be availability for only one of us and once I make the ticket they will tell me there are none left for the same flight?

keep in mind the UK has the expensive Departure taxes that I know of

Yes ist very possible that by the time you get tkted that if there was a 2nd seat available it can be gone. Had this problem for my AA trip to London this coming Motzei Shabbos, where the 1st time trying I got it but my friend wasnt able to. No problem as I simply had them put my res on Hold and not tkted.Was able to get a 5 day hold and then during that period he was able to get his. (Also as longa s the seats are still available they will roll over the old for another 5 days, but if at least 1 of the segments isnt avaialble for award travel then they wont roll over the Hold).

also there is another Fee if the flight date is less then 21 days out and it goes up as it get closer to the date.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »
AA can hold the award reservation.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
One ways are available, you have to book all non-AA award travel over the phone.

Actually, El Al has now changed its award availability on AA and it's now J Class in Economy and X Class in Business so by checking Matmid availability on the El Al website you can see exactly what's available with your AA miles.   

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »
Actually, El Al has now changed its award availability on AA and it's now J Class in Economy and X Class in Business so by checking Matmid availability on the El Al website you can see exactly what's available with your AA miles.   

The only question is does AA use the same inventory??? eg last yr I booked a tkt on CO my friend called NW to book the same flights and NW told him, we dont show any availability on those CO flights or dates at all. I checked CO again and was able to book at least 2 more tkts. The Pt is just cause you see something showing on a Carrier doesnt mean another Carrier can get it for you. It does mean you might have a shot at it since at least there seems to be some availability

Offline damaxer91

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »
The only question is does AA use the same inventory??? eg last yr I booked a tkt on CO my friend called NW to book the same flights and NW told him, we dont show any availability on those CO flights or dates at all. I checked CO again and was able to book at least 2 more tkts. The Pt is just cause you see something showing on a Carrier doesnt mean another Carrier can get it for you. It does mean you might have a shot at it since at least there seems to be some availability

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. El Al and AA award availability now is the same

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. El Al and AA award availability now is the same

Thanks for the info, but how do you know this?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »
Thanks for the info, but how do you know this?

+1   did someone at AA tell you that as long as you see availability on elal.com that that means we can get it for you as well?

Offline damaxer91

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 01:39:46 AM »
+1   did someone at AA tell you that as long as you see availability on elal.com that that means we can get it for you as well?

No one told me, but its obvious from the fare classes. Also see the EL AL Forum on FT for further discussion

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 07:47:35 AM »
No one told me, but its obvious from the fare classes. Also see the EL AL Forum on FT for further discussion

OK lets say you are 100% correct and both LY& AA use the same codes and same buckets. That still doesnt mean that AA can get you a seat just cause theres something showing in the proper bucket. Yes its probably a better chance or at least a chance. AA might have used up their alotment (thats if they have 1 to begin with) thusly you may still see availability yet AA cant get it

When AA tells you that as long as you see the availability on ElAls website we can grab it for you, then I will believe it, till then all it tells me is I can get a seat if using Matmid pts.

Offline damaxer91

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »
OK lets say you are 100% correct and both LY& AA use the same codes and same buckets. That still doesnt mean that AA can get you a seat just cause theres something showing in the proper bucket. Yes its probably a better chance or at least a chance. AA might have used up their alotment (thats if they have 1 to begin with) thusly you may still see availability yet AA cant get it

When AA tells you that as long as you see the availability on ElAls website we can grab it for you, then I will believe it, till then all it tells me is I can get a seat if using Matmid pts.

I will try and explain it to you for the 5th time. If X Class is available from New York to Tel Aviv then EL AL or AA can access it equally. You can also check availability now if you have Expert Flyer or the KVS Tool

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
I will try and explain it to you for the 5th time. If X Class is available from New York to Tel Aviv then EL AL or AA can access it equally. You can also check availability now if you have Expert Flyer or the KVS Tool

I asked you something else, did anyone at AA tell you if you see X class being available on ElAl that that means you can 100% get an AA tkt???  

Again Ive been able in the past to book a free tkt on CO using my CO miles and yet a friend wasnt able to get the same flights using their DL or NW miles even thou there were still seats available if you had CO miles. Same with when we were running around Europe at times I wasnt able to get a seat on AZ or OK and he was and vice versa

Thusly why I Asked You if you had gotten Confirmation of what you have posted both on here and FT? Say ElAl is showing 20 seats available in X can AA book all of them? is AA limited to the # of seats they can book on any given ElAl flight. I imagine they have only X seats per flight as a code share and once they sell those they cant sell any more as code-shares unless ElAl opens more up to them, does the same hold true for awrad seats??

I dont know the answers to the above thats why I was asking You, for some reason You like to Assume things, I prefer to hear from the Horses mouth what is what. all too often in the Miles & Points World things that make Perfet sense arent allowed to be done, yet things which are ridiculous are allowed.

So for the last time its not what ElAl is showing that is  Important to me since I wouldnt be using Matmid Pts but what AA is allowed to book, and so far you havent confirmed that AA said as long as X is showing by ElAl we will tkt You. Understand, ElAl may show seats in X but AA cant still tkt You for a number of reasons or maybe AA can tkt no matter what as long as X is showing @ ElAl. All you have been saying is we can see if an ElAl flight has availability by checking if an X bucket is showing. I understood that but that doesnt mean AA will still tkt you, as in my CO true example above this where even thou CO showed seats NW & DL wasnt able to touch that inventory as it was for CO members only, or they already used up their allotment for that flight .

Offline damaxer91

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 05:15:33 AM »
Do you honestly think that the idiots at AA or LY would confirm this for you? The reason that it varies with CO is because they do notallow the partners access to the same Fare Class that they book through. There is any easy way to test this. Try 5 different flights by checking online and confirming it with AA. It will match every time. I book and also check these routes fairly often and in the last 5 weeks since they changed policy there hasn't been a single discrepancy

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 07:58:40 AM »
Do you honestly think that the idiots at AA or LY would confirm this for you? The reason that it varies with CO is because they do notallow the partners access to the same Fare Class that they book through. There is any easy way to test this. Try 5 different flights by checking online and confirming it with AA. It will match every time. I book and also check these routes fairly often and in the last 5 weeks since they changed policy there hasn't been a single discrepancy

I never said it wasnt the case only w/o confirnmation its not a 100% thing

To properly test it out what you would need to do is find when ElAl says they have say 15 seats in X and then call AA and see if they have 15 as well. Of cause it depends on knowing if AA has a set # of seats it can book in X or if they can do it as long as they still have their own inventory they can sell being available. A low # wont help in X inventory as AA just not have filled its own allotment, if indeed they have one.

Or you can be 100% correct and the inventory that AA can sell may have no bearing on the # of seats it can give away as Free Tkts, which means as you said as long as LY is showing X then AA can book it

But as I said before thats an awful lot of assuming going on, and I prefer not to assume things especially when it comes to using my Miles or Pts

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »

How do you check Matmid availability? I went into my account and went to submit vouchers, but that seemed to work for every date on the calendar? I also tried SeatCounter, but they don't show how many for J class.