Author Topic: Jet Blue Travel Bank Q  (Read 725 times)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Jet Blue Travel Bank Q
« on: October 23, 2023, 09:33:05 AM »
I booked flights using travel bank $$ from one account but now may need to change the flight and pay a few $$ as its closer to my travel date. Can I use travel bank from a different account or just new $$?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Jet Blue Travel Bank Q
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 09:58:17 AM »
I booked flights using travel bank $$ from one account but now may need to change the flight and pay a few $$ as its closer to my travel date. Can I use travel bank from a different account or just new $$?
Not sure why you shouldn't be able to, but it's B6, so all bets are off. Hopefully someone with personal experience can chime in.

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 11:40:25 AM »
IINM additional charges need to be with a CC.

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »
So now I need to move the flight as it was in connection with an anticipated birth which BH was this morning.

Jet Blue wants another $266 a ticket to move the flight from 11/1 to 10/31 and since I bought someone else's travel bank $$ which cannot be refunded as the expiration date was September I am stuck either adding $266 to a fare which had a $138 face or losing the $138 tickets.

Anyone have an eitza? I can buy a priceline express deal for $111 so I am not inclined to spend the $266 per ticket just to not lose the $138.

Offline oldguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 03:53:02 PM »
So now I need to move the flight as it was in connection with an anticipated birth which BH was this morning.

Jet Blue wants another $266 a ticket to move the flight from 11/1 to 10/31 and since I bought someone else's travel bank $$ which cannot be refunded as the expiration date was September I am stuck either adding $266 to a fare which had a $138 face or losing the $138 tickets.

Anyone have an eitza? I can buy a priceline express deal for $111 so I am not inclined to spend the $266 per ticket just to not lose the $138.
Am I missing something? You can get a Priceline express deal for the new tickets you want for $111 each? then just forget the old tickets and buy new ones, (You can hope for a significant schedule change...)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 04:46:41 PM »

Was the original TravelBank ever extended? They might be willing to extend it.

Also, are you be any chance a Mosaic member?

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 05:45:47 PM »
Am I missing something? You can get a Priceline express deal for the new tickets you want for $111 each? then just forget the old tickets and buy new ones, (You can hope for a significant schedule change...)

Not missing anything, I can buy new tickets for $111 each, I am just looking to find out an eitza how not to lose the 2 x $138 that I already spent.

Offline NTorch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 05:46:20 PM »
Was the original TravelBank ever extended? They might be willing to extend it.

Also, are you be any chance a Mosaic member?

I need to ask the person who sold me the travel bank.

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2024, 10:06:00 AM »
If I cancel a ticket booked with someone else’s TB with my TrueBlue # on the reservation, do the funds go to the original Travelbank or to mine? I’m thinking of it as a way to combine TB from different accounts.

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 10:26:30 AM »
If I cancel a ticket booked with someone else’s TB with my TrueBlue # on the reservation, do the funds go to the original Travelbank or to mine? I’m thinking of it as a way to combine TB from different accounts.
Original
Make stuff happen.