Author Topic: Starting Point Of Israel/Palestine Conflict?  (Read 28689 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Point Of Israel/Palestine Conflict?
« Reply #240 on: November 02, 2023, 12:31:57 AM »
That they have been raised on the premise that שמירת תומ"צ might have been required for national preservation 100 years ago, but now the State of Israel replaces that need?

This echoes the Rambam’s “ שהרי גידלוהו על טעותם, כך אלו האוחזים בדרכי אבותיהם שתעו” which is similar to how it’s often harder to be mekarev someone who was raised reform or conservative and strongly believes their warped “theology” than someone completely unaffiliated/ignorant.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2023, 12:34:34 AM »
The issue is that they live in a society where they have the ability to educate themselves in Yiddishkeit should they choose to do so.

That’s about as likely as you or ExGingi adapting the others’ view on this issue, and you’re both frum.

Offline imayid2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2023, 12:39:13 AM »
That’s about as likely as you or ExGingi adapting the others’ view on this issue, and you were both (ostensibly) raised frum
Does that change the Halachak parameters? There are Rishonim and Achronim that argue with that Rambam, does the machlokes hinge and probabilities?

What’s the probabilities of a Hamas members child raised in Gaza not being a terrorist? Does that make him not culpable?   

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2023, 12:47:02 AM »
They are definitely תינוקות שנשבו.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #244 on: November 02, 2023, 12:55:16 AM »

לדונו במה?
(Besides the fact that you highlighted a sentence where questions can be asked almost about every word).

בצואה רותחת?
בסקילה?
בכרת?

You bring all these sources removed from context, and fail to address
2. I don't know what the שאלה he is answering here, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with "לפיכך ראוי להחזירן בתשובה, ולמשוך אותן בדרכי שלום, עד שיחזרו לאיתן התורה."
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 01:00:10 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #245 on: November 02, 2023, 12:57:43 AM »
This echoes the Rambam’s “ שהרי גידלוהו על טעותם, כך אלו האוחזים בדרכי אבותיהם שתעו” which is similar to how it’s often harder to be mekarev someone who was raised reform or conservative and strongly believes their warped “theology” than someone completely unaffiliated/ignorant.

Possibly a reason why you might see a picture of Lapid or Lieberman with tefillin, but not Bibi (who was previously married to a non-Jewish woman).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 01:01:53 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2023, 01:02:21 AM »
לדונו במה?

בצואה רותחת?
בסקילה?
בכרת?

You bring all these sources removed from context, and fail to address
Context is for all sorts of Halachos including מורידים ולא מעלין which is theoretical and not practical but definitely addresses that it would not be included in those words.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2023, 01:11:10 AM »
Context is for all sorts of Halachos including מורידים ולא מעלין which is theoretical and not practical but definitely addresses that it would not be included in those words.

So to clarify: you believe that given the opportunity you should lock up Lapid and Lieberman in a dungeon with no food or water, rather than inviting them to a shiur where food and drinks will be served?
-- Dan

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2023, 01:13:50 AM »
1. How do you reconcile what he writes about those that grew up in kibbutzim with "ואף על פי ששמע אחר כך שהיה יהודי, וראה היהודים ודתם, הרי הוא כאנוס, שהרי גידלוהו על טעותם"?

2. I don't know what the שאלה he is answering here, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with "לפיכך ראוי להחזירן בתשובה, ולמשוך אותן בדרכי שלום, עד שיחזרו לאיתן התורה."
2. You are correct that the context is for other halachos and would agree to לפיכך כו׳. This answers your first point. (This is talking about a regular חילוני)

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2023, 01:15:53 AM »
So to clarify: you believe that given the opportunity you should lock up Lapid and Lieberman in a dungeon with no food or water, rather than inviting them to a shiur where food and drinks will be served?
100% try the shiur first. Unfortunately the probabilities of acceptance are low, though if the dungeon option was on the table it may a deciding factor.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2023, 01:20:43 AM »
100% try the shiur first. Unfortunately the probabilities of acceptance are low, though if the dungeon option was on the table it may a deciding factor.

I sense some cognitive dissonance.

If the din is מורידים ולא מעלים why would you try the shiur first?

And in my hypothetical, the dungeon option is on the table, would you opt for that first?
-- Dan

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2023, 01:25:59 AM »
I sense some cognitive dissonance.

If the din is מורידים ולא מעלים why would you try the shiur first?

And in my hypothetical, the dungeon option is on the table, would you opt for that first?
How do you know if someone is a true נלחם בדת if he isn’t offered a shiur with cholent and kugel??

Anyways, I said “many poskim” believe this way, but the חזו״א famously says otherwise, and according to him the dungeon option is off the table.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2023, 01:40:42 AM »

This!
Also, the entire תינוק שנשבו argument is so out of place. The discussion here isn't about being metzaref to minyan the Liebermans, the Lapids, the Chuldais or the Bibis. We have no qualms if you meet up with them individually, over a cup of coffee, and you explain them the beauty of yiddishkeit or even learn with them chassidus. I don't envision much success there but perhaps it's worth a try. The subject here is given what they say, what they preach, and yet they are the face of the spurious Jewish nation, then we have to make it our business to strip them of this identity theft. We gotta stand up to those trying to erase the Torah and the name of God in the holy land, of no other place, and distance ourselves from what is likely the biggest Chilul Hashem in Jewish history.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2023, 01:50:17 AM »
The subject here is given what they say, what they preach, and yet they are the face of the spurious Jewish nation, then we have to make it our business to strip them of this identity theft. We gotta stand up to those trying to erase the Torah and the name of God in the holy land, of no other place, and distance ourselves from what is likely the biggest Chilul Hashem in Jewish history.

So you want to spend time, energy and money on the fight, while others believe those resources are better spent in other (positive) ways:

And did you read the letter I pointed to?
@EliJelly are you familiar with this letter?

I think @imayid2 can also benefit from reading it.
-- Dan

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2023, 01:57:29 AM »
So you want to spend time, energy and money on the fight, while others believe those resources are better spent in other (positive) ways:

Well that fight was worth fighting given how many were saved from the Zionist trap. If only we'd invest more in that fight imagine how many Temumesdiga Sephardim, the ילדי מורוקו, the ילדי תימן and the likes would have been saved from falsely identifying the state as anything remotely close to yiddishkeit.

I'm also glad you indeed recognize this cause at least as a secondary priority, we're getting somewhere! :) 

And did you read the letter I pointed to?
Site is blocked

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 02, 2023, 04:53:01 AM »
Well that fight was worth fighting given how many were saved from the Zionist trap. If only we'd invest more in that fight imagine how many Temumesdiga Sephardim, the ילדי מורוקו, the ילדי תימן and the likes would have been saved from falsely identifying the state as anything remotely close to yiddishkeit.

I'm also glad you indeed recognize this cause at least as a secondary priority, we're getting somewhere! :) 
Site is blocked

I'll respond/comment later bez"h. In the meantime try this link for the letter. Hopefully not blocked.

Also see https://chabadpedia.co.il/images/d/dd/ספר_מענה_חכם.pdf which brings that letter as מכתב ב but also has another lengthy letter regarding Zionism, page 70 and on tries to explain the differences between Satmar & Lubavitch vis-a-vis the correct approach against it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 05:07:02 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2023, 07:27:52 AM »
How do you know if someone is a true נלחם בדת if he isn’t offered a shiur with cholent and kugel??

I know you didn’t mean it, but your wording implies opting out of a shiur would qualify someone as נלחם בדת

Offline imayid2

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 02, 2023, 07:51:19 AM »
I know you didn’t mean it, but your wording implies opting out of a shiur would qualify someone as נלחם בדת
Being that this back and forth was specifically in regards to Lapid and Lieberman who are נלחם בדת למהדרין, I don’t think there is any way to make to see that implication towards a regular dude who passes on the shiur.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 02, 2023, 08:59:52 AM »
I'll respond/comment later bez"h. In the meantime try this link for the letter. Hopefully not blocked.

Also see https://chabadpedia.co.il/images/d/dd/ספר_מענה_חכם.pdf which brings that letter as מכתב ב but also has another lengthy letter regarding Zionism, page 70 and on tries to explain the differences between Satmar & Lubavitch vis-a-vis the correct approach against it.

Second site is also blocked but the other link worked, Thanks. I've came across that entire rebuttal in the past already. What it doesn't tackle though is the recognition and legitimacy we shouldn't give Israel as a Jewish state. This also isn't about the "Satmar & Lubavitch vis-a-vis approach" on ways to kiruv etc. Let's keep this to the views "and actions" on how we treat Israel as a Jewish state. Here is a nice letter from the aforementioned Rav Greinimann, who besides the giant in Torah he was, was also a giant in hashkafa, and wasn't related to satmar at all.

בזמננו אשר הטרדות מרובות והעיון מועט, וכל מהלכי אדם וביתו נקבעים על פי רוב על ידי השפעת הרחוב והשכנים וכיו"ב, מאד יש לדקדק על התחומים המבדילים בינינו לבין התועים, כי בהעדרם בקל ידהרו המונים קימעא קימעא לתהום הפרוע. ומהתחומים היסודיים תופס מקום חשוב ההשקפה על המדינה והממשלה, אשר התועים למיניהם רואים בזה איזו אתחלתא דגאולה וכאילו יש כאן דבר של ממש, ואילו השקפתנו היא (כפי מה ששמעתי פעם ממרן זללה"ה) שבסוף גלותנו התגברה הפורענות והננו בגלות הזה המר, לב מי לא יתפלץ למשמע אוזן, כי כופרים בכל יושבים על כסא מלכות מדומה בפלטין של מלך ארצנו הקדושה, ועוברים על כל תרי"ג מצוות ומחללים שם שמים בכל יום בגלוי ובפרהסיא לעיני השמש, ומעבירים יהודים תמימים על דתם בכל מיני טצדקי ופיתויים ואונסים, ובאזני הגולה הדוויה בחוץ לארץ מפיחים רוחות כוזבות על כמיהת הדורות כי אכן התחילה הגאולה, הלא תסמרנה שערות ראשנו למשמע כל אלה, ואבן מקיר תזעק הבדלו מתוך העדה הרעה הזאת, האומרים לכבוש המלכה עמי בבית. ובאמת הישיבה אתם היה צריך להיות נמנע בהחלט מצד האמונה הפשוטה, כמו שלא יתכן לאיש מאמין להכנס בבתי עבודת כוכבים לשבת עם הכומרים המטיפים כפירה, וכל שכן עם ישראלים אשר כידוע חטאם פוגם כבוד של מעלה הרבה יותר, אבל לדאבוננו נמצאים גם בין חוגנו אנשים המסוגלים לכך. עצם ההכרזה קבל אחינו כי אנו מסתייגים מכל הענין ומתעלמים ממנו, לא זו ממשלה יהודית ולא זו דרכנו, יש בה משום קדוש שם שמים ומשום הצבת תחום באופן גדול אצל אנשי שלומנו, להבדיל בין קדש לחול, לדעת כי מלכנו אבינו שבשמים, ואליו נקוה ונייחל וממנו תשועתנו, וכל אלו שוא ושקר וכחלום יעוף. ובר מין דין, כאשר ידוע אם נרתמים לעגלתם הנה בהכרח שכל הקו שלנו סוטה מעט ממסלולו, לקרב מה שרחקנו ולרחק מה שקרבנו, ובלי כל ספק יהווה הדבר גורם לרעה בתמונת הדור העתיד, אשר יגדל בימי עלומיו בלי מחיצה מבדלת, ובהרמוניא שלימה של האומרים משה אמת ותורתו אמת לאומרים אין תורה מן השמים ועוד ועוד, וגם רוממות הגאולה בגרונם.ולפי האמור אין כל הרווחים והתועליות שבעולם יכולים להכריע את הדבר, כי כל אלו סטיות כלליות של כל הכלל כולו בארץ ובגולה, וגם יש כאן במדת מה אביזרייהו דכפירה, וגם הישיבה עם כופרים היא למאמינים בלתי אפשרית ממש במציאות ולא יתכן דבר שיחייבו, וכל הרווחים להגדיל תורה ולהאדירה אינם שוים בנזק הזה, ואין הקב"ה רוצה ברווחים אלו כלל וכלל. ואם אמנם הכריעו החכמים שיחיו בעד ההליכה לבחירות, הכונה ברורה למען הודיע כי רבים הברכים אשר לא כרעו לבעל, ולמען תת פתחון פה ללוחמי מלחמת הקדש בכל אתר ואתר, וגם למען היות לחץ מועט על הכופרים בגזרותיהם, אבל להשתתף בממשלתם המושתתת נגד תורתנו הקדושה ואשר עיקר ממשלתם חלק מן הכפירה, אין דבר בעולם שיתיר, ולא עוד אלא שבשבתנו אתם אנו עוזרים לרופפים שבתוכנו להפיח רוח כזבים כי אכן יש ממש בממשלה זו ובמעשיה, דבר אשר הוא טשטוש התחום הגדול הזה אשר גובל בינינו, ולא עוד אלא שבהכרח עלינו להימנע מלדבר בגנותם, אשר זה מיסודות חינוכנו לפרסם החטאים ולגנותם, וכל שכן שיש בזה אביזריי הו דעבודה זרה, של כחי ועוצם ידי, ועוד, וכל ההבטחות והרווחים אינם שווים כלפי ההפסד היסודי של כל קדושת אנשי שלומנו לכל רוח היהדות הנאמנה.(מתוך: "מכתבי התעוררות" למרן הגרח"ש גריינימן זצוק"ל, חלק א', עמ' קטז', מכתב יב', בני ברק, התשע"ה)

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan