Author Topic: Tucker/Putin Interview  (Read 2508 times)

Offline zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tucker/Putin Interview
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2024, 11:16:50 AM »
I watched the interview, and agree that Tucker did a terrible job, but not for the reason most people are saying.

I think it was good that he let Putin speak, because it gave a very good look into his mind and perspective (or at least what he wants the West to hear, which is in itself informative).

My problem was that the questions he did ask were stupid... Everything he asked seemed focused on US politics and on Tucker's anti-Biden/deep-state agenda.

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2024, 12:27:58 PM »
He was also shocked that $400 of groceries in the US cost $100 in Russia, and how mad we should be at our leaders for allowing that to happen.

But he ignored the fact that Russians spend 40% of their income on food while US citizens spend 11%.

So dumb, trying to, like you said, be a man of the people while ignoring reality.
I thought his point was supposed to be that sanctions aren't having any effect, not that grocery shopping is a better experience there than here. (This is how the story was headlined, but I didn't watch the clip myself)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2024, 12:58:49 PM »
I did not watch the interview, and I can't imagine anything would compell me to. I did see a clip of Tucker in a Russian grocery store being amazed at the idea of paying a deposit to use a shopping cart which gets returned when you return the cart. Like furreal, his whole appeal is being a populist man of the people sort, not conservative, liberal, etc. How has he never been to a store or airport that has that?
Hilarious that he's never seen a cart deposit or a cart escalator before. And that he's never heard of buying power.
Incredible self-own.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2024, 01:17:23 PM »
He’s gone full Candace Owens.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2024, 10:02:43 PM »
Not going to embed due to NSFW language, but Jon Stewart's roast of Tucker's Russia series is terrific:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2h3KnWAWY
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2024, 02:15:44 PM »
Not going to embed due to NSFW language, but Jon Stewart's roast of Tucker's Russia series is terrific:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2h3KnWAWY
Didn't realize the history at play. Stewart got Tucker fired and his CNN show canceled some 20 years ago, and referenced the characterization of him as on TDL 20 years later...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile