Author Topic: Which Bank Pulls From All 3 CB?  (Read 1106 times)

yoav

Which Bank Pulls From All 3 CB?
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
Dan wrote that only Capital One is known being evil by pulling from all 3 Credit Bureaus. I applied for Amex, and I see a pull on all bureaus, called them up, CSR told me they regularly pull from all 3. What's your experience?  (now comes the popular DDF slogan: "the CSR don't know what she's talking about, only Dan do")

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Which Bank Pulls From All 3 CB?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
I've applied for hundreds of AMEX/Chase/Citi cards and have never once gotten pulls from all 3 CBs.
When I applied for the 100k C1 promo I got hit on all 3 CBs.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:10:53 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
Dan wrote that only Capital One is known being evil by pulling from all 3 Credit Bureaus. I applied for Amex, and I see a pull on all bureaus, called them up, CSR told me they regularly pull from all 3. What's your experience?  (now comes the popular DDF slogan: "the CSR don't know what she's talking about, only Dan do")
Capital one does. And from the previous posts you seem to be a fan of Capital One, are you by any chance mistaken?
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

yoav

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
Capital one does. And from the previous posts you seem to be a fan of Capital One, are you by any chance mistaken?
in the case of Cap1 you're right, I had the experience with them twice when they pulled from all 3. But in the case of Amex I'm not mistaken. Any suggestions why and weather I can do something about it?

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »
AMEX pulled 2 of mine once, but that was because my address had changed and as such it didn't match the credit file (I think).

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »

CSRs not having a clue has nothing to do with what Dan does or doesn't know :D

I've applied for hundreds of AMEX/Chase/Citi cards and have never once gotten pulls from all 3 CBs.
When I applied for the 100k C1 promo I got hit on all 3 CBs.

Same for me, just for dozens of cards, not hundreds.
AMEX pulled 2 of mine once, but that was because my address had changed and as such it didn't match the credit file (I think).

Yours was a fluke where they re-pulled, definitely not the norm.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)