Author Topic: HOW CAN I TRANSFER 25000 MILES OUT OF US AIRWAYS?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline MOSES

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
HOW CAN I TRANSFER 25000 MILES OUT OF US AIRWAYS?
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:33:03 AM »
they are flown miles, and i have nothing to do with them. they are sitting there for a long time already.
any ideas how to transfer them to some other airline.
thanks

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
Re: HOW CAN I TRANSFER 25000 MILES OUT OF US AIRWAYS?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 11:03:54 AM »
or can I consolidate it with some united miles i have??

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 12:00:28 PM »
You can't.
There are extremely few mileage programs that have any decent conversions for taking miles out of their programs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 02:20:54 PM »
You can't.
There are extremely few mileage programs that have any decent conversions for taking miles out of their programs.

well US is *A so they can now be used on CO or UA for a domestic flight as well

Or you can trade them say 25k on US for 25k on AA, never knwo when someone wants US (yea right) since they have a non-stop or are the only one with a number of flights into a give city
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 02:54:06 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:27:01 PM »
well US is *A so they can now be used on CO or UA for a US flight as well

Or you can trade them say 25k on Us for 25k on AA, never knwo when someone wants US (yea right) since they have a non-stop or are the only one with a number of flights into a give city
The OP wanted to know if they can move them out of US to another account and the answer is no.

Sure you can use them for travel on any alliance carrier, but you can't consolidate those miles into any other carrier.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »
The OP wanted to know if they can move them out of US to another account and the answer is no.

Sure you can use them for travel on any alliance carrier, but you can't consolidate those miles into any other carrier.

I knew that just wanted to give the OP some other options that is besides Mags.

I just love it when I get the calls and they are Mad that if UA and CO and US are now all *A why cant they pool the few miles they have on each togther for a free tkt. I tell them cause you dont have even 1 *A Mile you have UA/CO/US miles. Had there been a creature and program for *A miles then most likely you would have been able to do just that. Till that is put into place if ever you cant combine them or at least not in a way that will leave you with 25k in any 1 program.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 12:44:59 PM »
Guys, thanks for your help
I guess I will just use them on some CO flight, even though I hate Newark. ANything else i can do with them? I already have the wall street journal. lol

I knew that just wanted to give the OP some other options that is besides Mags.

I just love it when I get the calls and they are Mad that if UA and CO and US are now all *A why cant they pool the few miles they have on each togther for a free tkt. I tell them cause you dont have even 1 *A Mile you have UA/CO/US miles. Had there been a creature and program for *A miles then most likely you would have been able to do just that. Till that is put into place if ever you cant combine them or at least not in a way that will leave you with 25k in any 1 program.
Whats OP? I know it is reffering to me, just not sure exactly what it means.
well US is *A so they can now be used on CO or UA for a domestic flight as well

Or you can trade them say 25k on US for 25k on AA, never knwo when someone wants US (yea right) since they have a non-stop or are the only one with a number of flights into a give city

How can you trade them to aa?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »
Guys, thanks for your help
I guess I will just use them on some CO flight, even though I hate Newark. ANything else i can do with them? I already have the wall street journal. lol
Whats OP? I know it is reffering to me, just not sure exactly what it means.
How can you trade them to aa?

You can use them on any star alliance partner for domestic that includes United and Continental..

OP means original poster.

You can't trade them to AA.  Steve's point was you can try to find someone with 25K AA miles that needs 25K US miles and you guys book tickets for each other.  Good luck with that.

Offline MOSES

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 07:53:52 PM »
oh,
thanks
Gut yom tov!