Author Topic: CAUTION :OnePass Members  (Read 15123 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: CAUTION :OnePass Members
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »
all those big forums are such a waste of time. i recently started looking at them and theres no end. every other post is "thanks repped" and theres 10 threads on each topic w/ 35 pages bs on each.

the only really useful thing is a google search i think

i guess if your making money selling miles (or w/ a website :)) its worth it...
Thanks, repped.

Lol...so true btw!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »
Thanks guys, this guy actually knows me, but I guess, they cannot expect that he knows my date of birth or blood type (I dont know my brothers...).

I suppose if he knows my general age and address, cel number and such, it should be cool, no?

Whats safer? shooting MR in my CO, or letting another OP member finalize it?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »
all those big forums are such a waste of time. i recently started looking at them and theres no end. every other post is "thanks repped" and theres 10 threads on each topic w/ 35 pages bs on each.

the only really useful thing is a google search i think

i guess if your making money selling miles (or w/ a website :)) its worth it...

No question theres tons of garbage!! and its very overwhelming for a new person to get into it. but Ive been with FT since 11/99 so after awhile you get to know which characters are a complete waste of time. and those who always have an axe to grind but are extremely knowledgeable and then you simply have to separate their opinions from the facts. I will admitt I have learnt a great deal from some of the ones I cant stomach. hey I once had a Reebe like that couldnt stand the guy but heck did I learn a ton from him

then theres the Master threads where you can gain info on most individual Hotels and where to stay and how to get there.

It just cost me 4 euros the other week to go from the Rome airport to the Marriott Flora the express train would have been 22 euors appx a $30 savings, went to Pompei again it ended up costing me $60 when it would have cost me $140 or taken a tour bus for $210. W/o FT I wouldnt have had the help from the others and their input. again if a person isnt flying like I do then it might be a waste of their time, but flying 300k a yr I wouldnt leave home w/o FT nor venture to leave before doing my homework on FT

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
Thanks guys, this guy actually knows me, but I guess, they cannot expect that he knows my date of birth or blood type (I dont know my brothers...).

I suppose if he knows my general age and address, cel number and such, it should be cool, no?

Whats safer? shooting MR in my CO, or letting another OP member finalize it?

I wouldnt bet on that,I was almost turned back from entering Canada cause they didnt believe me I was going to a friends kids wedding in Toronto, main reason I didnt have the invitation , nor did they like that I was driving to Tor and sleeping back in Niagara that night

they really went ape when I showed them the map quest I printed out and the final destination was Concord thats where the hall was. man they got all over me for lying!!! I hit back well isnt YYZ not in Toronto itself just like BUF where I flew into isnt in the city of Buffalo what so ever yet everyone calls it Buffalo airport the Liers

So if the person is a friend and thats why you gifted them the tkt, its very unusual that they wouldnt know your birthday. They will jump on that no differnt then the Canadians jumped on me for saying Toronto when it was Concord

remember you are Red Flagged and they are gunning to catch you either with this person or a future 1, not much you can do now about it sorry to tell you except to get things straight with this person and lay low for awhile. But if you dont actually fly them its not gonna help you either, just my 2 cents I can be Wrong and have been at times

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »
I can just make up a fake CO OP account Plat, it's no problem, just a headache.

I fly a lot, duno about 300k, but I returned a week ago from a BRU-ZRH-BKK-NRT HND-BKK-HKG-BKK-MEL-BKK-ICN-MUC-BRU

(if you were wondering about the BKK's showing up too often, take it as a riddle, a true FT'er should be able to figure that out :-)   )

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
About my question, I need an answer now, booking is expiring soon: Whats safer? shooting MR in my CO, or letting another OP member finalize it?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 01:06:57 PM »
I can just make up a fake CO OP account Plat, it's no problem, just a headache.

I fly a lot, duno about 300k, but I returned a week ago from a BRU-ZRH-BKK-NRT HND-BKK-HKG-BKK-MEL-BKK-ICN-MUC-BRU

(if you were wondering about the BKK's showing up too often, take it as a riddle, a true FT'er should be able to figure that out :-)   )

Nice run!!

Id love to know how you can get a OP acct on CO books as a Plat acct w/o having flown the 75k or 90 segments but dont Post it I wouldnt, I take it you arent talking about the Plat card itself but an acct on CO books, dont have the slightest idea how that can be done w/o hacking into their system

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »
Nice run!!

Id love to know how you can get a OP acct on CO books as a Plat acct w/o having flown the 75k or 90 segments but dont Post it I wouldnt, I take it you arent talking about the Plat card itself but an acct on CO books, dont have the slightest idea how that can be done w/o hacking into their system
Status match I'd guess.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »
duno what this BOOK is all about, I mean that whe you sign in on op, it says Plat member, and when you speak to them on the phone they know this too, and they would give me more availability because of that, etc.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »
don't mean to be a pain, but please answer my question (anyone with around 270k CO, I dont find it here on the forum)

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 01:13:58 PM »
don't mean to be a pain, but please answer my question (anyone with around 270k CO, I dont find it here on the forum)

check FT!

sorry for joking at this tense moment :)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »
About my question, I need an answer now, booking is expiring soon: Whats safer? shooting MR in my CO, or letting another OP member finalize it?

well for 1 are the MR pts coming from your MR acct? if yes thats helpful if not Im 100% sure if you are Red Falgged CO will get Amex to reveal the source (name and info) on the acct it came out of , if it turns out being the person flying LookOut Below!!

also according to Amexs T&Cs you are only suppose to transfer from your MR acct to your airline acct, could be CO will Rat it all out and thusly the guy can run into problems not only with Amex but CO can decdie at the airport much like AA does. To tell the flyer sorry this tkt was gotten against the T&Cs of our program and wont be honored and is hereby conficasted, we do have a seat for sale at the Full fare rate of $10,000 if the guys going for biz and needs to be there then they will have to pay whatever the cheapest Full fare is

I cant tell you what to do, but from what you have posted I myself would throw my hands up and walk as far away from the tkt as possible hoping that in time I could be back in biz

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »
dude, I need now mottilium and immodium, hell this is a pain !!!

how about someone booking from his own CO account. Meaning he will call up, and give the confirmation numbers from a flights reserved on my OP? (And getting this guys info for Id purposes in Airport, if needed, G-d forbid)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 01:21:38 PM »
duno what this BOOK is all about, I mean that whe you sign in on op, it says Plat member, and when you speak to them on the phone they know this too, and they would give me more availability because of that, etc.

sort of correct

in the past a friend wanted to go to XYZ with his new wife but the only available flights werent Saver and werent non-stops. So I logged in and low and behold I had my choice of 2 non-stops on the exact dates they wanted. another time it would have meant a very close friend having to stay at the connecting city inEurope for 3 days till teh next available flight and that was on Shabbos. i was able to get them back on teh same day but a day later tehn they would have wanted they Grabbed it.

Plats at time swill hav ea completely different inventory allotment available to chose from.

Its like throw away tkting, meaning youre tkted PHL-EWR-LAX-EWR-PHL at live in Ny so when you return to EWR from LAX you walk away and go home. If you do it every once in a while they wont do anything make a constant habit of it and youre dead no matter how much you spent on the Carrier

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 01:24:48 PM »
 ??? about my question, using a different CO OP to complete booking?

By the way, the words the lady yemach shemom said:"we smell such thing, and you are on our radar..."

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »
dude, I need now mottilium and immodium, hell this is a pain !!!

how about someone booking from his own CO account. Meaning he will call up, and give the confirmation numbers from a flights reserved on my OP? (And getting this guys info for Id purposes in Airport, if needed, G-d forbid)

dont know if that will work but now that other OP member will be Red Flagged as well, if you really arent Red Flagged the  anything will work, as Clint used to say, "Do you feel lucky today...." withe his pistol pointng at the other guy

Its just too messy for my liking

Best is a brand new res for the guy out of the other persons OP acct miles

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »
??? about my question, using a different CO OP to complete booking?

By the way, the words the lady yemach shemom said:"we smell such thing, and you are on our radar..."

dont say yemach shemom shes 1000% Correct!!!

Dude to use your words Do Not walk away RUN AWAY as fast as You can

the % is so much against You!! as it stands, dont be a Custer and proceed anyway

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 01:29:50 PM »
maybe the best is to cancel online, and book it with aeroplan, no?

if I cancel, it takes some 20-22 mins to become available again (to other cariers), right?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 01:33:34 PM »
maybe the best is to cancel online, and book it with aeroplan, no?

if I cancel, it takes some 20-22 mins to become available again (to other cariers), right?
There's absolutely no guarantee that a canceled award ticket will ever go back into award inventory.

It's risky, but if the airline has no proof that you're a broker there's nothing they could do.  If your friend knows your basic info I think it'll be OK-but there's definitely a risk involved now that you're flagged.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 01:38:01 PM »
Is CO contacting amex not far fetched?