Author Topic: CAUTION :OnePass Members  (Read 15043 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
CAUTION :OnePass Members
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
Hi,

I spoke today to onepass, and they ask me if I broker miles, and if yes they will block my account and/or any pending ticket.

I ask where they get this idea from, so they said its because I have 3 reservations on hold, which apparently stinks.

Plus they say that they can see that I was a lot on the phone with them lately (?).

So guys, just be careful.

I never found the onepass team very friendly, but now they are giving me the chill.

Anyone else has a similar experience?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: CAUTION :OnePass Members
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
 well are you guilty as they charge?? Meaning selling your Miles

if yes,then you are at Fault and dont blame them

Ive done it myself since as a CO Plat I can get space for award tkts that non-Plats cant. But I use my own CC and have them repay me the $$ and they also send me the Miles I used back to my acct via their Amex Membership Rewards acct. the key is to use your own CC but then if you dont know to whom you are selling the Miles or even if you do they can get ahold of much of the CC info as its on their record

BTW what I dont understand is how you get an award tkt on Hold eitehr Co has you tkt it or else no Holds, maybe I can learn something new. thats about all I love about AA they will give you a 5 day hold and if the space is still available then they will roll it over again for another 5 days, if you go over the 21 days in advance line you would then have to pay those fees even thou you originally booked it and held it before T-21

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »
only by OnePass I get the following "pleasant" responses (I guess its because they work partially on commission):

Me: Would it be possible to check ....

OnePass interrupting: Sir ! I've checked all possibilities  !

(I know that their new star alliance system on international flight doesn't check properly)

Me: Do you think that...

OnePass interrupting (again): I'm not gonna argue/discuss it with you Sir !

The above conversation doesn't need to be more then 5 minutes for them to lose their patience.

They would typically end the call with: Anything else? Okay, thanks for calling Continental (click).

It doesn't matter whether I try to answer or not, they have decided already to hang up, so that's it.

By no other airline have I ever experienced such chutspa.

Flying blue Europe is following close, but then again they are Dutch or French, which are famous for big mouths, so I just call The USA or Australia.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 11:31:44 AM »
Okay,

Im CO Plat too, but it doesn't seem to impress or bother them in the least.

They will only put on hold if you don't have miles, and will transfer (so you say) from Amex.

And yes, this much brain I still have to use my own credit card for the booking.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:34:49 AM by SuperFlyer »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
What's more yes, I might be selling, but, 1) I know the passenger personally, and 2) I made a maximum of 5-6 booking on the lifetime of this account.

The only difference maybe by me is that unfortunately my people want it close to departure, meaning that there is more looking around for an available flight + it's often complicated routes.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
What's more yes, I might be selling, but, 1) I know the passenger personally, and 2) I made a maximum of 5-6 booking on the lifetime of this account.

The only difference maybe by me is that unfortunately my people want it close to departure, meaning that there is more looking around for an available flight + it's often complicated routes.

Ok so you admitt you are Selling the miles it doesnt matter to whom! its against the T&Cs and if I was you Id hold off doing so, I imagine they will give those you sold them to a nice going over. 1 thing out of whack and thats what CO will do whack you and your acct.

Not much you can do once they Red Flag your acct but to play it by the book

I understand they only think they caught You and dont know for sure, but thats just as good as being caught with your hands in the Cookie Jar.

Putting the reses on hold and with different names for each res , then being very close to flight date with in the end you not being tkted yourself for any of the flights. Well what did you expect CO to do send you some Kugel and Cholet

they did what they are suppsoe to do, no reason for you to get mad at them. sort of like bashing the cops cause they pulled you over for speeding or running a red light, had you not done either they wouldnt have pulled you over. But you did (lets say) and therefore they caught you and tkted you

I just hope you dont have too many miles sitting in your CO acct in case 1 of them guys messes it up for you, you can kiss those miles and status Good-bye. thats why with over 500k in my acct I dont play games

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »
How many award reservations have you booked for others?  I don't think that just 3 reservations would tip them off unless an agent flagged your account for some reason when you were talking with them and they though you were selling the ticket.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 11:59:36 AM »
  BTW what I dont understand is how you get an award tkt on Hold eitehr Co has you tkt it or else no Holds, maybe I can learn something new. thats about all I love about AA they will give you a 5 day hold and if the space is still available then they will roll it over again for another 5 days, if you go over the 21 days in advance line you would then have to pay those fees even thou you originally booked it and held it before T-21
Surely you know the hold trick for anything bookable on CO.com, right?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »
Surely you know the hold trick for anything bookable on CO.com, right?

Of cause I always pay via WU but thats only a 24hr hold, never tried it for award tkts so I didnt know if it worked as well for that.

But AA with the 5 day hold is great although I dont care for AA and will be on a full flight this MS to LHR, but for 40k I guess I cant complain too much.

I miss the good ole days when we were able to put anything on Hold whether we had the miles or not and had alot of time before it would CX out
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:07:50 PM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »
Of cause I always pay via WU but thats only a 24hr hold, never tried it for award tkts so I didnt know if it worked as well for that.
Well, now you do!

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 12:06:02 PM »
I had now in realtime 3 reservations on hold + I made maybe 5-6 reservations in the lifetime of my onepass account.

why would they think Im selling? I didn't tell them anything.

2 booking were for the same guy departing from the same city as my profile address, and the other guys (a reservation for 2), is departing from a city some 900 miles away from my address.

I don't see any other hint.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
I don't know about within the USA, but WU (I guess its western union) is crazy expensive on international level.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:52 PM »
Like I said, sounds like an agent you spoke to got suspicious and flagged your account for review.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 12:10:56 PM »
So I better open a new account I guess...

Ashame, it's Plat.

How about the existing reservations, should I make them with points transferred to me, or from another account?

I cannot afford this guy to have non working ticket somewhere end of the world standing in the airport.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
I don't know about within the USA, but WU (I guess its western union) is crazy expensive on international level.

you dont understand , you do NOT actually use WU you simply just have to click the box that you will and pesto you have a at least a 24 hr hold on the res. then if you still want the res you simply log onto CO.com and your acct bring up the res and pay for it by clicking "purchase now" and use your CC as if you never used WU to put it on hold

You guys gotta start spending some decent amount of time on Flyertalk where else do you think most of what I and Dan know is gotten from, besides at least for me some 30+ yrs of flying and playing the GAME
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:13:48 PM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
So I better open a new account I guess...

Ashame, it's Plat.

How about the existing reservations, should I make them with points transferred to me, or from another account?

I cannot afford this guy to have non working ticket somewhere end of the world standing in the airport.

Good luck with that as they will probably have it flagged to see if your name will appear for a new acct. Besides no way to  transfer the Plat status with w/o your selling ability will go far down as the availability goes away and all sort of fees are imposed.

dont know what to advise about the way to go with the tkt/s. Except you better get the story 1000% straight between the 2 of you, in case they give them the going over either at checkin, trying to check the bags or at the Gate if they didnt do either #1 or #2. 1 answer that doesnt match and Goodbye Charlie
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:19:28 PM by steve2 »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
Okay, like I say that I will transfer from Amex miles into CO.

I used here and there FT, but they have so so much garbage in there, that to get actually decent info, you would have to spend hours a  day.

Most comments are those of "goyishe kep".

Or am Im looking the wrong way?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 12:22:30 PM »

I used here and there FT, but they have so so much garbage in there, that to get actually decent info, you would have to spend hours a  day.

It is mostly garbage and but there's good info mixed in-but it does take time to comb through it. 

Anyway like Steve said as long as you have your stories straight you should be OK.  Just decide on how you know each other and make sure he knows your name and what city you live in.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 12:29:08 PM »

I used here and there FT, but they have so so much garbage in there, that to get actually decent info, you would have to spend hours a  day.

as for FT I see it like the stk mkt yep its full of "goyishe kep" and nonsense but you never know from where you will get the info that will help you out from. And dont forget Gates and Buffet arent Fruma Yids or even Yids

Thats why I like DD Dan saves you guys alot of your time being wasted by going thru it all, but when it hits the fan you wont know how to think it thru. that can be from simply have a flight go MX and being CXed. Nothing can beat 1st hand experience and raeding what otehrs went thru and what they did that helped them out and also what they did that made things worse

Now to be honest for '09 I have close to 200k actual miles from BIS (Backside In Seat) that doesnt include a few 100k that I cashed in on free travel for.I was a UA virgin in '09 no longer thats from all the flying on them but mainly due to the reading of all the so called nonsense on the UA forum. when things hit the fan no Panic I just applied what I read and Bingo I was covered

now if you dont fly alot I can understand not wasting time on FT but if you plan to make a biz out of getting and selling Miles & Pts I dont see how you can NOT study FT
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:33:08 PM by steve2 »

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 12:35:36 PM »
all those big forums are such a waste of time. i recently started looking at them and theres no end. every other post is "thanks repped" and theres 10 threads on each topic w/ 35 pages bs on each.

the only really useful thing is a google search i think

i guess if your making money selling miles (or w/ a website :)) its worth it...