Author Topic: Bingo 5towns  (Read 19002 times)

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Bingo 5towns
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2024, 04:55:24 PM »
extra large eggs for .99. wonder if they'll last until pesach
Eggs in Brooklyn Bingo today:  $2.59
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2024, 05:21:04 PM »
Eggs in Brooklyn Bingo today:  $2.59
Wrong thread. This is about the 5towns Bingo.

Online EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 07, 2024, 07:11:32 PM »
Wrong thread. This is about the 5towns Bingo bickering thread.

FTFM

Online moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 07, 2024, 07:34:17 PM »
See this photo. Are you alleging Mehadrin uses an unathorized COR symbol on their packaging?

Agreed. You have every right to be happy. But lying about what other stores do or don't do is not something anyone appreciates, and doesn't help anyone - especially when they can easily find out the true facts, as mentioned. It just shows on the agenda...
pretty sure everything sold at Cor establishments "has COR" even Agri in Toronto has COR.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2024, 07:46:26 PM »
pretty sure everything sold at Cor establishments "has COR" even Agri in Toronto has COR.
That makes sense, agri is also certified by COR. (They are the largest agency in Canada... )

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2024, 09:42:58 PM »
That makes sense, agri is also certified by COR. (They are the largest agency in Canada... )
but only for product exported to Canada

Online syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2024, 11:27:32 PM »

You are correct. Someone here does not understand how these things work. COR does not certify Mehadrin. None of the packages I saw locally have COR on them. COR might accept Mehadrin products in their stores. That does not mean they certify it. I checked the COR database, and Mehadrin is not on their list of companies they certify.

The Vaad here does the same thing. They put their emblem on many products even though they were never in the plants. They allow their stores to sell any product they feel comfortable with. The Vaad emblem means the Vaad is comfortable with and trust the certifier of that beef, or any other product, and they accept their certification. They do not go down to Mexico, Uruguay, or Canada or anywhere else and certify the shechita.

I once asked the Star-K how they allow Diet Pepsi on their accepted list for Pesach, and allow it to be sold in Star-K stores for Pesach, when the Star-K themselves will not certify kitniyos shenishtana. They told me "there is a big difference between accepting a product and certifying a product". cRc Chicago once told that to me with regards to certain items they allow in their cRc certified stores but would not feel comfortable certifying the item themselves.  That is the way hasgachos work.

I am not saying anything for or against Mehadrin. It is under very respectable supervision. I am just saying I do not believe the COR certifies it. Regardless, we were talking about fresh beef, this is processed. It may be the same plant, or it may not be.

With regards to Agristar beef, something is going on there now. Might be political, might be real issues.
https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/857147/breaking-chk-yanks-hechsher-from-agristar-meats-puts-shor-habor-in-limbo/

« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 11:40:51 PM by syp »

Online Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2024, 12:00:19 AM »
but only for product exported to Canada
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Online syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2024, 12:45:12 AM »

That is very interesting. If they certify it, why isn't there certification on those products here ion the United States? Do they do their own separate run for Canada? (I know other shechitas do runs there). Or do they certify the entire plant?

Online rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2024, 01:45:14 AM »
Wrong thread. This is about the 5towns Bingo.
His point was the price discrepancy

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2024, 02:14:43 AM »
His point was the price discrepancy
Bingo!
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Online syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2024, 07:20:05 AM »
Bingo!
Bingo actually has a separate email advertisement for people who live here. I get their regular add email, then a second one with a few items on better sale in 5 Town's. Not a lot of items, but some very good deals.

Offline Chaim723

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2024, 11:43:46 AM »
You are correct. Someone here does not understand how these things work. COR does not certify Mehadrin. None of the packages I saw locally have COR on them. COR might accept Mehadrin products in their stores. That does not mean they certify it. I checked the COR database, and Mehadrin is not on their list of companies they certify.

The Vaad here does the same thing. They put their emblem on many products even though they were never in the plants. They allow their stores to sell any product they feel comfortable with. The Vaad emblem means the Vaad is comfortable with and trust the certifier of that beef, or any other product, and they accept their certification. They do not go down to Mexico, Uruguay, or Canada or anywhere else and certify the shechita.

I once asked the Star-K how they allow Diet Pepsi on their accepted list for Pesach, and allow it to be sold in Star-K stores for Pesach, when the Star-K themselves will not certify kitniyos shenishtana. They told me "there is a big difference between accepting a product and certifying a product". cRc Chicago once told that to me with regards to certain items they allow in their cRc certified stores but would not feel comfortable certifying the item themselves.  That is the way hasgachos work.

I am not saying anything for or against Mehadrin. It is under very respectable supervision. I am just saying I do not believe the COR certifies it. Regardless, we were talking about fresh beef, this is processed. It may be the same plant, or it may not be.

With regards to Agristar beef, something is going on there now. Might be political, might be real issues.
https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/857147/breaking-chk-yanks-hechsher-from-agristar-meats-puts-shor-habor-in-limbo/
I just asked the manager in GG a few minutes ago to take a picture of the Mehadrin boxes for me. Here you can see the COR on the tape as well. Feel free to ask the COR if you feel it's fraudulent. @syp so much for claiming GG doesn't usually carry Mehadrin...

And no, this is not at all comparable to agencies allowing things in their stores that they wouldn't necessarily certify. There's a difference between "approving" and "certifying". (even with regards to group 1's). Mehadrin is CERTIFIED by COR, albeit as a secondary hechsher to the MK, and they do periodically visit.

I'm sorry for the guys getting annoyed that this is going a bit off topic, I totally get it. I'm trying to post as least as possible off topic. But it bothers me to my core and I feel a responsibility to call out people when they seem to be spitting out disinformation, as it calls into question everything else they post as well. (Definatly seems there's an agenda behind it, but I can't know for sure)
 It's a sad reality nowadays that someone could make things up and if he sounds persuasive enough people just believe it. I happen to have first hand knowledge of the Mehadrin plant, as I'm originally from Canada and I personally know a few of the Shochtim. I saw no one is responding regarding the Misinformation so I did. (I'm generally not a big poster).

« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 12:27:49 PM by Chaim723 »

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2024, 11:59:23 AM »
I was in Kol Save just now. Some of their sale prices are insanely low! I saw items more than 50% off. Some examples:

9" plastic plates $3.49 (usually $6.99)
12 oz plastic bowls $1.67 (usually $3.99)
Chicken cutlets $4.99 (I think $6.99)
Wings 79 cents (I think $2.99)
Of tov chicken nuggets $12.99 (usually $17.99)

While amazing for my wallet, its infuriating that they got away with this for so long.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Just A Jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2024, 12:01:26 PM »
I was in Kol Save just now. Some of their sale prices are insanely low! I saw items more than 50% off. Some examples:

9" plastic plates $3.49 (usually $6.99)
12 oz plastic bowls $1.67 (usually $3.99)
Chicken cutlets $4.99 (I think $6.99)
Wings 79 cents (I think $2.99)
Of tov chicken nuggets $12.99 (usually $17.99)

While amazing for my wallet, its infuriating that they got away with this for so long.

What do you think they got away with? All of these items are at cost or below cost. They are literally losing money to keep you coming to their store.
Freedom of the press is alive at the US Mint.
- Gallagher

Online Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2024, 12:54:31 PM »
Alternative thread (without all of the fighting)
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=135864.0

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2024, 10:44:25 PM »

they still use the supreme branding  :)
Back in the day there was arons, shor habor , and  supreme. Iirc, R Weissmandel only certified supreme at the time.

Online syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2024, 12:10:57 AM »
they still use the supreme branding  :)
Back in the day there was arons, shor habor , and  supreme. Iirc, R Weissmandel only certified supreme at the time.
The listing looked confusing to me too. I emailed them last week, and they were not clear if currently they certify or just accept the product. I asked them if the product sold in US is also under their supervision, but they wouldn't answer.

Regardless, this is a Bingo thread. Only some packaged products are Aaron's. And some stuff at Mechy's. Although Mechy's Bingo location is telling people that they are now trying to source their deli withholding beef and poultry from the Bingo meat department, BH. All of that is on the highest kosher standards out there.

Online syp

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2024, 02:01:18 PM »
Anybody have any info any the new Pizza Shop opening up in the same shopping center as Bingo? The sign is up already..

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2024, 12:42:08 AM »
Anybody have any info any the new Pizza Shop opening up in the same shopping center as Bingo? The sign is up already..
another one of my great ideas that never materialize bc im lazy (or i just have a day job  :D) im excited to see the mall turn jewish
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible