Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1116986 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #2440 on: February 24, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »
CUN-BWI-BOS
5/6 bags arrived with us in BOS; 1 bag delivered to our home 12 hours later.
WN gave us $50 after hearing my daughter's sob story.

Backstory: we claimed all 6 bags in BWI, cleared customs, and then re-checked them with WN. Before re-checking them, I stuffed two bottles of Kahlua ["kosher when hecho en Mexico, not the US"] from CUN Duty Free into the bag that was ultimately delayed.  When they eventually delivered it, it was clear that TSA had rifled through the bag and opened the Kahlua bottles, re-sealing them as though it were a crime scene or a pathological specimen. I'm sure they're hi-jinks are what kept the bag from making it onto the flight with us.

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: February 24, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
How do I go about filing a complaint with the EU air passenger rights?

Had an OS flight delayed for 8 hours EX-VIE and OS has completely ignored my complaints/emails for the last 2 weeks.

According to the EU site I am entitled to 600EUR per passenger, any chance I can actually collect that?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2442 on: February 24, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »
How do I go about filing a complaint with the EU air passenger rights?

Had an OS flight delayed for 8 hours EX-VIE and OS has completely ignored my complaints/emails for the last 2 weeks.

According to the EU site I am entitled to 600EUR per passenger, any chance I can actually collect that?

I'll handle everything for you from soup to nuts for 33% :)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline an613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: February 24, 2016, 10:12:02 PM »
Check out airhelp.com. They do all the work and take 25% cut. Takes a while but super easy process. I submitted something from a flight during Jonas

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:40 AM »
I'll handle everything for you from soup to nuts for 33% :)
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

Problem is on the website they have a whole form to fill out, however it says to submit the form to the airline, I am trying to figure out how to submit it to the EU passenger rights.

Offline gerald

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: March 01, 2016, 12:39:47 AM »
flew on BA business class overseas with 8 bags, 5 of which were boxes. Upon arriving at destination all the boxes were broken with contents literally falling out.Didn't file any claim
Now i flew back to the US BA to Dulles First class with 3 bags and this time one of the bags was left at departure.
Am i looking good to file and complain about the whole trip and has anyone had a similar situation and what was the remedy ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:44:25 AM by gerald »

Offline ad120

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: March 01, 2016, 12:52:00 AM »
Was flying on Feb 26, 2016 with AA from EWR to MIA at 12:45 out of Terminal A. It generally takes me eight minutes from terminal door to departure gate because of Pre Check. I therefore left my office in Monsey at 11:00 AM, parked at Value park and arrived at the terminal at 12:10.
Unfortunately I was not aware that there is no TSA Pre at EWR's Terminal A (go figure) and missed gate closing by 5 minutes.
The gate agent walked away when she saw me and couldn't care less which is when I went to seek help at a different gate. He offered me the next morning flight or standby that day via CLT. After explaining that Shabbos was coming in at 6:00 PM he said I would have to leave the secure area to speak to the supervisor at the ticketing counter for any other recommendation. I proceed to to the ticket counter to speak with Jackie B, boy, black women in power are really the worst. After explain to her about shabbos, she wouldn't budge. She said that I'd have to pay change fee and price difference. Blah blah blah..... No empathy. FYI: She got really offended when I commented on the fact that she was still wearing her US Air uniform and said that AA bought out her company. She tried to shout and correct me but I already turned my back and was walking away. There really nothing like having the last say and turning your back on arrogance.
Frankly I knew that she was within her right as I missed my flight out of negligence so I wasn't going to make a big shpiel.
I then proceed to call AA. At the time I was like there was now way that the pone reps would reaccommodate for the next shabbos. The first agent said that she cannot do anything, but then when I spoke with the white supervisor out of CLT I scored. First he said he can waive the change fee I would however be subjected to pay the difference in fare. He offered to do this for my return, under a different PNR. He then decided to change them both for free. While I was hoping for that, I least expected it and was pleasantly surprised.
In sum: Quite frankly AA did not have to do anything here. Jackie B was within her right. However as a supervisor you need to satisfy the customer and bend just a little and offer a gesture of goodwill, perhaps like the first option I was offered by the phone supervisor. Then there is going above and beyond, like the phone supervisor, who changed both flights under two separate PNR's and didn't even make me pay a fee or a difference in fare.
Kudo's to AA!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2447 on: March 01, 2016, 01:11:24 AM »
<facepalm>
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: March 01, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: March 01, 2016, 07:22:13 AM »
flew on BA business class overseas with 8 bags, 5 of which were boxes. Upon arriving at destination all the boxes were broken with contents literally falling out.Didn't file any claim
Now i flew back to the US BA to Dulles First class with 3 bags and this time one of the bags was left at departure.
Am i looking good to file and complain about the whole trip and has anyone had a similar situation and what was the remedy ?

Maybe you need to learn to secure your boxes better?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline dealfinder85

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: March 01, 2016, 11:25:13 AM »
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: March 10, 2016, 11:35:26 AM »
Realized that suitcase cracked when I got home? Flew with QR but booked with AA. I'm guessing I should be reaching out to QR, right?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: March 11, 2016, 08:03:28 AM »
Yes.

Offline CS91

• View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: March 11, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: March 11, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »
15k AA miles as compensation for AAdvantage reservations inadvertently removing my daughter from the record locator after upgrading the day before our flight. She was finally added back after 5 hours on the phone with CS.

I was told 15,000 miles is the maximum they can compensate for an incident.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:22:16 PM by sedge »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: March 11, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
15k AA miles as compensation for AAdvantage reservations inadvertently removing my daughter from the record locator after upgrading the day before our flight. She was finally added back after 5 hours on the phone with CS.

I was told 15,000 miles is the maximum they can compensate for an incident.
They lied.

It may have been the most *your rep* was allowed to compensate.

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: March 11, 2016, 04:51:26 PM »
They lied.

It may have been the most *your rep* was allowed to compensate.

I didn't accept the first rep's offer, which was also 15k, so I took it up to a supervisor who wouldn't do anything more.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: March 11, 2016, 05:15:10 PM »
See above.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:54 PM »
Lax-ewr flight was delayed 5+ hours for mechanical issues so I knew that my connecting EWR-Tlv wasn't going to happen as the layover was only 1.5...

Ua Agent rebooked me on lh via fra resulting in only a 3 hour delay of arrival in tlv but without ksml or an economy plus seat (got upgraded as UA gold)

Worth filing a claim over? Can any compensation be expected?