Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1116767 times)

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #2980 on: February 01, 2017, 03:41:50 PM »
Different tickets on different carriers? Almost no chance they'll fly to the final destination, unless it somehow benefits the airline to do so.

Offline JS69

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: February 02, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »
DL FLL-JFK

Non working IFE  in Economy. Many retries to reset.

7500 Skypesos in my pocket.

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: February 03, 2017, 01:59:27 PM »
I wrote the following letter to United and was responded to that they are sorry my flight was canceled and will send me vouchers. How much should I expect to get? Once they send it can I negotiate with them for more?
Message: My flight was cancelled and handled in the worst possible way. I will try and keep to the maximum characters. The flight was cancelled for me and my wife ____and my son____  for Mechanical reasons, this means it was United's fault! The following ensued: 1. We were told there would be a bus! then we were told that the flights to _____were all booked.
2. In the end we finally found a helpful United agent (most were quite unhelpful) who put us on a flight to _____the next morning which is 60 miles from our home.
3. We were waiting in the airport for a good few hours after the flight was cancelled with a screaming child and nobody who wanted to help.
4. We were sent to this cruddy hotel with vouchers for food but since we keep kosher it was not helpful (I mentioned this to the agent who did not help).
5. We were promised our bags would come to ____ and they did not! They were delivered to _____later, but we were flat out lied to.
In light of this and many other issues that occured I am demanding the following:
1. Fully refund me the change fee I paid on this very flight which was changed on me!
2. Pay me and my family the change fee equivalent($200 each)which is what you charged me!
3. Pay for my car rental to get home from Syracuse (was I supposed to walk?).
4. Fully refund the $25 charged for my luggage which was sent to the wrong place and came to my house only after me frantically looking and calling for it.
5. Compensate my wife and I for a full day of work we both missed due to United's issues.
6. Compensate me for the amazing incompetence that caused me and my family much stress in an airport for many hours (we got home 14 hours after scheduled).
I would like to note that throughout this whole ordeal we were very nice to the agents who are merely the messengers (and unfortunately are not informed) but I am extremely upset at the handling of the situation and hope not to have to take legal action
travelcm

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: February 04, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
I wrote the following letter to United and was responded to that they are sorry my flight was canceled and will send me vouchers. How much should I expect to get? Once they send it can I negotiate with them for more?
Message: My flight was cancelled and handled in the worst possible way. I will try and keep to the maximum characters. The flight was cancelled for me and my wife ____and my son____  for Mechanical reasons, this means it was United's fault! The following ensued: 1. We were told there would be a bus! then we were told that the flights to _____were all booked.
2. In the end we finally found a helpful United agent (most were quite unhelpful) who put us on a flight to _____the next morning which is 60 miles from our home.
3. We were waiting in the airport for a good few hours after the flight was cancelled with a screaming child and nobody who wanted to help.
4. We were sent to this cruddy hotel with vouchers for food but since we keep kosher it was not helpful (I mentioned this to the agent who did not help).
5. We were promised our bags would come to ____ and they did not! They were delivered to _____later, but we were flat out lied to.
In light of this and many other issues that occured I am demanding the following:
1. Fully refund me the change fee I paid on this very flight which was changed on me!
2. Pay me and my family the change fee equivalent($200 each)which is what you charged me!
3. Pay for my car rental to get home from Syracuse (was I supposed to walk?).
4. Fully refund the $25 charged for my luggage which was sent to the wrong place and came to my house only after me frantically looking and calling for it.
5. Compensate my wife and I for a full day of work we both missed due to United's issues.
6. Compensate me for the amazing incompetence that caused me and my family much stress in an airport for many hours (we got home 14 hours after scheduled).
I would like to note that throughout this whole ordeal we were very nice to the agents who are merely the messengers (and unfortunately are not informed) but I am extremely upset at the handling of the situation and hope not to have to take legal action
Update they have 600 in United vouchers, is this good compensation? Also anyone know if I can use 3 $200 vouchers at the same time or I need to use them on separate flights? TIA
travelcm

Offline momo613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: February 05, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »
UA - I was flying LAX -TLV with a connection in SFO. A mechanical issue on the LAX -SFO leg caused me to miss my connection. Had to wait 24 hours for the next SFO-TLV flight. I sent a detailed complaint. They only gave me a 150 voucher. Is that normal? The airline rep at the airport made it sound like I would get up to 3 times the cost of the ticket!

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: February 05, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
UA - I was flying LAX -TLV with a connection in SFO. A mechanical issue on the LAX -SFO leg caused me to miss my connection. Had to wait 24 hours for the next SFO-TLV flight. I sent a detailed complaint. They only gave me a 150 voucher. Is that normal? The airline rep at the airport made it sound like I would get up to 3 times the cost of the ticket!
Did you get it on the spot? If not you should get at least as much as I got which was $200 per pax, I would submit a complaint hough through the website. I am also interested to hear what kind of comp. United will offer.
travelcm

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2986 on: February 05, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »
I would think that Israeli mandatory compensation law applies here (as long as it was on one PNR).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline momo613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: February 05, 2017, 10:59:10 AM »
Did you get it on the spot? If not you should get at least as much as I got which was $200 per pax, I would submit a complaint hough through the website. I am also interested to hear what kind of comp. United will offer.
No I got it after sending in a complaint on the website. Is there anything left to do?
How do I get access to the Israeli mandatory compensation law?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #2988 on: February 05, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
No I got it after sending in a complaint on the website. Is there anything left to do?
How do I get access to the Israeli mandatory compensation law?
http://loyaltylobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Notice-for-customers-traveling-to-or-from-Israel-English.pdf

Remember, you bought a ticket from LAX to TLV. UA got you to your destination with a delay of 24 hours. Israeli law should apply (including accommodations at SFO assuming you actually spent a day there - accommodations to include lodging and food, as well as access to a telephone and/or fax in order to communicate).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:11:13 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: February 05, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
Can't seem to find the full text on United.com, but here's what they do have there: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/destination/international/israeli-aviation-law.aspx?MobileOff=1
-- Dan

Offline momo613

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
So, what can I do if they seem to be ignoring their own rules? What's my next step?

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: February 05, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »
So, what can I do if they seem to be ignoring their own rules? What's my next step?
Do u mention that in ur complaint to them? And they still aren't giving?

Offline shulem92

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: February 05, 2017, 11:47:45 AM »
Also anyone know if I can use 3 $200 vouchers at the same time or I need to use them on separate flights? TIA
Separate bookings

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
All you have to do is go to https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/Contact/customer/default.aspx put in all details, and in the feedback section at the bottom refer them to https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/destination/international/israeli-aviation-law.aspx and http://www.tourism-law.co.il/pdf/AviationServicesLawENG.pdf (you can remind them that amounts are indexed so current amount would be slightly higher than in 2012). Also tell them what actual expenses you had (lodging, food, transportation) and backup with receipts if you have them.

Also let them know that they failed to notify you of your rights based on this law, and failed to make an attempt to accommodate you.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: February 05, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
Most recent version of the law (in Hebrew) page before last has current amount at 3,070 Shekels. http://caa.gov.il/index.php?option=com_docman&view=download&alias=6015-29-09-2016-2012&category_slug=2015-10-13-06-39-02-8&Itemid=669&lang=en
-- Dan

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: February 05, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »
Which airport?

Their staff at Ben Gurion airport is far from helpful or caring.
I flew from TLV to JFK via Baku
Im in contact with the head in NY (Rinat Azizov). Waste of time.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: February 05, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »
-- Dan

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: February 16, 2017, 08:13:30 AM »
FLL - EWR   
6am flight delayed because of mechanical issues.  They deplaned and then finally reboarded at 8 am.
What compensation? What's the best way to get it?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: February 16, 2017, 08:01:11 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=44320.msg1673332#msg1673332

compensation: $100 voucher, 37,500 mileage reinstatement (net milage cost was 12,500)

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: February 19, 2017, 02:48:32 AM »
FLL - EWR   
6am flight delayed because of mechanical issues.  They deplaned and then finally reboarded at 8 am.
What compensation? What's the best way to get it?
How do I submit a complaint and ask for compensation?
phone? email? fill out form?
My favorite cause: cssy.org