Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1116688 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #3500 on: November 09, 2017, 09:31:18 AM »
??
I wish these things would be recorded. So unprofessional from SN to blame UA. IRROPS, especially in the airport is totally operating carriers responsibility. Either way you are due Israeli comp x 9 since you arrived over 8 hours late. Contact SN asap.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: November 09, 2017, 09:39:17 AM »
european compensation is only applicable if its a flight leaving the eu or operated by an eu carrier while Israeli law is compensates for the delay regardless of if it was IDB or not
His flight as operated by EU carrier. He should be be eligible for European comp.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline brodes18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, UA 1K, AA Platinum
« Reply #3502 on: November 09, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »
UA LAX-EWR (Redeye) in Y+
Broken IFE system + unhelpful FA's in resolving the issue
Compensation: $250 voucher

Offline Wizard

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: November 09, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
What should I settle on with Delta for a flight from NYC-TLV that (1) didn’t have wifi working despite confirming several times with them that there would be WiFi and (2) water started dripping in me toward the end of the flight from the overhead bin/ceiling? They’re offering 5k Skymiles. Take it?
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline chaimdasap

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
His flight as operated by EU carrier. He should be be eligible for European comp.
which one is more $? can we get both?
and sn has the worst customer service ever! any way to force a timely response from them??
"I'm not under the affluence of incohol, but thinkle peep I am."

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3505 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »
which one is more $? can we get both?
and sn has the worst customer service ever! any way to force a timely response from them??
No, you can't get both, but every case is different, it does not hurt to try, ill go for the Israeli compensation x 9.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: November 12, 2017, 08:41:19 AM »
What should I settle on with Delta for a flight from NYC-TLV that (1) didn’t have wifi working despite confirming several times with them that there would be WiFi and (2) water started dripping in me toward the end of the flight from the overhead bin/ceiling? They’re offering 5k Skymiles. Take it?
Bump please!
If you are trying to get my attention/assistance and I'm not responding, please feel free to PM me. :)

Offline voldemort

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: November 12, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »
I would try for more because of reason number 2.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: November 12, 2017, 09:57:55 AM »
I would try for more because of reason number 2.
Thanks. How much should I settle on?

Offline voldemort

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: November 12, 2017, 10:00:17 AM »
Thanks. How much should I settle on?
I don't think there's a magic number,just respond that you don't feel that's fair and is there anything else they can do.

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: November 12, 2017, 11:02:02 AM »
I don't think there's a magic number,just respond that you don't feel that's fair and is there anything else they can do.
Ok thank you very much!

Offline Solma

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: November 13, 2017, 01:48:06 AM »
What's the best email address for elal to send a claim for 3,100 NIS for a canceled flight from NY ?

Offline Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: November 13, 2017, 04:05:56 AM »
What's the best email address for elal to send a claim for 3,100 NIS for a canceled flight from NY ?
Pls see PM

Offline drsg

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: November 13, 2017, 06:36:36 PM »
Flew from TLV to EWR on United and had paid for 2 aisle Economy Plus seats at the airport found out they had switched and wound up with 2 Economy middle seats in the last row that did not recline. What should I expect to get for compensation?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3514 on: November 13, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
I had a TK flight in J booked using SQ miles that had a long layover. The next day UA was showing a shorter connection, so I called SQ to rebook, they couldn't see what I saw on UA, but found a better connection in Y and said they would rebook me (cancel, redeposit miles, and book again) and they didn't want me on the phone for the entire process. Ticket was booked for me from my son's SQ account. When I tried to check in for the flight the night before the flight, I realized that when they rebooked the flight they issued it in my son's name instead of mine (original ticket was issued correctly). I called to get it fixed, but they said the only thing they can do is cancel and try to rebook. Needless to say, inventory wasn't there to rebook, and no other options existed (other than LH F with over $500 in YQ - they were willing to issue even if I didn't have the miles yet in my account, if I show them confirmation of transfer from AMEX). I didn't hang up the phone before saying that I expect to be compensated for this. I was told I would be called back (no email communication).

I got a call yesterday with an offer of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles. I turned it down saying that it's a pittance for what was done to me, I added that if they were to offer 50,000 KrisFlyer miles I would accept. I honestly thought that at the point of no options mentioned above, they should have made up the difference between the points I had in the account and what was needed for the LH F booking (though I'm not sure I would have been ready to shell out $500+ in YQ for that) in order to allow me to get to my destination on time. But they didn't make that offer on the spot, and at this point I'm asking for more, as I ended up shelling out $$$ for a revenue ticket in J.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline high end hobo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: November 13, 2017, 08:21:11 PM »
I had a TK flight in J booked using SQ miles that had a long layover. The next day UA was showing a shorter connection, so I called SQ to rebook, they couldn't see what I saw on UA, but found a better connection in Y and said they would rebook me (cancel, redeposit miles, and book again) and they didn't want me on the phone for the entire process. Ticket was booked for me from my son's SQ account. When I tried to check in for the flight the night before the flight, I realized that when they rebooked the flight they issued it in my son's name instead of mine (original ticket was issued correctly). I called to get it fixed, but they said the only thing they can do is cancel and try to rebook. Needless to say, inventory wasn't there to rebook, and no other options existed (other than LH F with over $500 in YQ - they were willing to issue even if I didn't have the miles yet in my account, if I show them confirmation of transfer from AMEX). I didn't hang up the phone before saying that I expect to be compensated for this. I was told I would be called back (no email communication).

I got a call yesterday with an offer of 5,000 KrisFlyer miles. I turned it down saying that it's a pittance for what was done to me, I added that if they were to offer 50,000 KrisFlyer miles I would accept. I honestly thought that at the point of no options mentioned above, they should have made up the difference between the points I had in the account and what was needed for the LH F booking (though I'm not sure I would have been ready to shell out $500+ in YQ for that) in order to allow me to get to my destination on time. But they didn't make that offer on the spot, and at this point I'm asking for more, as I ended up shelling out $$$ for a revenue ticket in J.
Sorry to hear about that.
The problem is that in most cases the person offering compensation doesn't full grasp what happened to you, they view it from their narrow minded point of view, (meaning in their mind they issued a ticket in the wrong name, thats all, the fact that you had to go buy a revenue ticket is of no consequence)  did they even apologize? or did they blame you for not looking over the itinerary afterwards.
While it would be logical for them to rebook you in LH F, I'm not sure the reps have the power to make miles appear out of nowhere instantly etc, their hands are tied by their limited system.

Please keep us updated what ends up happening and good luck.

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #3516 on: December 14, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
Wrote about it in my TR but figured I would post it here. I flew Swiss about one month ago from JFK-ZRH-TLV in Business. I was hungry and decided to venture into the exciting world of KSML. As I was eating my greens there was a hidden piece of glass/porcelain in the food which after eating it and taking a big bite shattered in my mouth. I was not physically hurt besides the small glass in my mouth that was stuck there for the better part of 15 hours until I was able to brush with a real toothbrush to get it out. I filed a complaint with Swiss and after 3.5 weeks they have referred me to their insurance company.

Should I file a complaint with the DOT? What can I expect from the Insurance Company and is it worth getting an attorney?

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #3517 on: December 20, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
Would really like help with this please.

I have heard back from the insurance company and they are offering me $750 for "all damages". Because I am dealing with the insurance company and not Swiss they cannot offer to refund the flight.

Is there a lawyer who can help me? Since I see they are talking is it worth pushing for more?

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: December 20, 2017, 10:44:16 AM »
I dont know if this is the right thread but a family member of mine felt she was  inappropriately patted down by airport security and made her feel very uncomfortable. She said the person worked for the airline but I think more probably it was a tsa person. Who would she complain or demand compensation from?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3519 on: December 21, 2017, 03:50:06 AM »
I dont know if this is the right thread but a family member of mine felt she was  inappropriately patted down by airport security and made her feel very uncomfortable. She said the person worked for the airline but I think more probably it was a tsa person. Who would she complain or demand compensation from?
Very hard to proof such a thing.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.