Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from Europe make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 448808 times)

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #3915 on: October 16, 2018, 10:28:28 PM »
economy
Biz doesn't have bassinet on UA91 AFAIK
Wow!
That's nice comp

Online Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: October 18, 2018, 07:02:30 AM »
Thanks Ploni, this is very helpful. In your case, did you have any further correspondence with Alitalia beyond their initially denying responsibility?
I was back and forth with them a few times in order to get them to spell out what exactly the delay cause was so I'd be better equipped to lodge my complaint, if they didn't come to the realization that they were liable, themselves, which they didn't.

Offline helpyouamdme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • contact ‘Kоѕhеr Ski Club’ for the experience of a lifetime!
« Reply #3917 on: October 18, 2018, 07:51:45 AM »
Just got a $750 voucher from United, after being moved from our reserved bassinet seat because of a aircraft change. 👍👍👍
Update, i got a total of $950  :)

Offline Saver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:13 AM »
Hi! I really need your help. We were travelling to a family Simcha with Frontier four tickets going from Denver to St Louis $50 each one way. They cancelled the flight for mechanical problems and gave us two choices 1- to rebook us on a different flight and give us $100 voucher ..but the earliest flight we could go on was three days later and we would miss the Simcha and 2-they would refund the money and give us $100 voucher right away and a $400 voucher per person for future travel that they would send in 7-10 business days. We would have to book our own tickets.
We ended up booking four tickets for later that day to Chicago (and had to book two separate flights for each two people) at a cost of $1,200 as well as take two trains and travel four hours to our location from Chicago. We schlepped all day and got there late at night. However, when we got the vouchers they put insane restrictions: you can only use it in the name of person issued and once you use the 400 voucher for person even if it has an credit left it gets discarded. You also have to book these tickets within 90 days.
 Any suggestions of what to do?

Offline Saver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: October 24, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »
Just a thought..I bought these tickets on frontier on my chase saphire card is there anything that they would cover?

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: October 24, 2018, 02:13:39 PM »
Recently flew from JFK to FLL with delta and as the plane was taxiing down the runway about a liter or more of water came out of the ceiling and landed on me and my seat. The whole takeoff, till about 10k ft, me, my wife and 2 kids were on 1.5 seats instead of 3.
During the flight I emailed them about it to the wecare@delta.com email but got no response. I sent the same thing again but I cc’d the 3 executive emails I found but still no response.
Today I sent it to them direct and I got a VM within 2 hours from some executive in Atlanta wanting to talk to me.
Does she just want to apologize or offer compensation? How should I go about the call?
Update: After reimbursing full tickets, giving a $280 check for a suit, and a $75 gift card to many stores of my choice they just emailed me saying that i can get for the other 2 passengers an additional $75 gift card each. So in total, we are at $500 (Tickets reimbursed), $280 cash & $225 to amazon.
I feel @yelped is right and they are trying to cover this up as it could be pretty bad for them

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: November 01, 2018, 02:40:55 PM »
flight from TLV to NYC yesterday with a stop over in London on British Air.  In London they delayed 1.5 hours only to then cancel the flight for mechanical problems. They Paid for hotel and put on flight today.  total inconvience. What type of compensation if any should be handed out? (asking for a friend)

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: November 01, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
flight from TLV to NYC yesterday with a stop over in London on British Air.  In London they delayed 1.5 hours only to then cancel the flight for mechanical problems. They Paid for hotel and put on flight today.  total inconvience. What type of compensation if any should be handed out? (asking for a friend)
Should be either Israel or UK compensation, whichever is better.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: November 01, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »
what does that mean? they call british and ask for compensation if that country currency>

Online jmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: November 01, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »
what does that mean? they call british and ask for compensation if that country currency>
Israel and Europe both have laws regarding this. He's saying research which one will provide more and then claim to the airline that law. You may have to be persistent. Air Canada tried to give me 10% off a future ticket. I emailed them back quoting the law and got a check for 830$.  Good luck.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: November 04, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
Israel and Europe both have laws regarding this. He's saying research which one will provide more and then claim to the airline that law. You may have to be persistent. Air Canada tried to give me 10% off a future ticket. I emailed them back quoting the law and got a check for 830$.  Good luck.

do i do this over the phone with an agent or mail a letter/email?

Online KSMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: November 05, 2018, 03:05:12 AM »
Airline: South Africa
Flight: CPT-JNB
Class: Buisness (award ticket)
Incident: No Kosher meal
Compensation: $50 United Voucher

Ticked was thru United awards. A Kosher meal was ordered but not served.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online jmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: November 06, 2018, 02:34:55 AM »
do i do this over the phone with an agent or mail a letter/email?
Try email. It could take a few weeks.

Offline PPM

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: November 09, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »
Does anyone have experience with BA claim for EU delay. How long does it take to get the money back?
I got back this respons..
Any suggestions?

Dear Miss

Thanks for contacting us about your EU compensation claim.

Your claim’s been refused because BA0115 on 16 September was delayed because of issues with the cargo hold and adverse weather conditions which prevented the aircraft operating as scheduled.  Under EU legislation, I’m afraid we’re not liable for a compensation payment in this situation.

The delay caused by the cargo hold was 178 minutes which is not more than 3 hours which would trigger eligibility for EU compensation. The additional 14 minutes delay was then caused in the air due to jet stream winds over the Atlantic and being held when arriving in New York.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid delaying a flight and we always consider if there are any operational options available before we make a decision.  We’re very sorry the delay was necessary in this case.

Thanks for following this up with us.  Please feel free to contact us if we can help you any further and I hope we have the chance to welcome you on board again soon.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations Executive
Your case reference is

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: November 10, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
Wow. Classic European arrogance.