Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1113727 times)

Offline Shmulie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #5000 on: December 20, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »
Not sure if this is right thread but I thought it was cool and wanted to share

The flight attendant didn't even take down my name because there was also a doctor there so not sure how corporate even knew I helped out

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: December 20, 2022, 10:28:46 AM »

The flight attendant didn't even take down my name because there was also a doctor there so not sure how corporate even knew I helped out

Very nice. I have heard of airlines doing this and this is how things should be.

I actually witnessed this twice on United flights, where in both instances, some Hatzolah guys ran to help out (one an older lady who was feeling unwell, and one a young girl who got a panic attack). Afterwards, the FA approached them to give them something with their tablet.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: December 20, 2022, 11:21:37 AM »

Nice of you and them
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: December 20, 2022, 02:49:40 PM »
Reading this message from AA, after reading the ChatGPT thread...

How I hate fake corporate emails.

Offline Aps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: December 25, 2022, 03:48:40 PM »
What are the requirements to get flight compensation for domestic flights?
United flight delayed multiple times, now its 3.5 hours late- it started off that it was delyaed bec of the weather and the crew had mandated rest time, but now it says it was delayed due to mechanical issues.
They informed me before, one of the delays was only changed about 2hours 15 minutes before the flight.

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: December 26, 2022, 12:41:57 AM »
Delta tlv to jfk a little more then a hour delay am I entitled to any compensation?
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline travel agent

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: December 26, 2022, 03:08:18 PM »
Delta tlv to jfk a little more then a hour delay am I entitled to any compensation?

yes, a free ticket...

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #5007 on: December 26, 2022, 03:11:59 PM »
What are the requirements to get flight compensation for domestic flights?
United flight delayed multiple times, now its 3.5 hours late- it started off that it was delyaed bec of the weather and the crew had mandated rest time, but now it says it was delayed due to mechanical issues.
They informed me before, one of the delays was only changed about 2hours 15 minutes before the flight.
I don't think that there are official requirements for these issues but i've gotten compensation in the past. PM me for help if you need it.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline flyingBlue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: December 27, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »
yes, a free ticket...

You mean this very same ticket?

Offline jerkatz

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: December 27, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »
Hi

This is my first time posting on ANY forum, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

Question about airline compensation:

We had a 6:45 pm flight from Newark to LA which was pushed off about an hour b/c they were lacking a flight attendant.  Once she had arrived and we were taxiing on the runway, we were informed that there was a mechanical problem on the plane (which I think was a legitimate excuse) and we needed to return to the terminal for mechanics to check it out.

After waiting on the plane for a couple of hours, we were then informed that we all needed to deplane.  No explanation given.

After hanging around for a bit, we were told that the original flight attendants were no longer allowed to work due to FAA requirements, but the flight MIGHT still leave later in the evening.  They then posted a time of 12 am.

Around midnight we were informed that due to a shortage of flight attendants, the flight would now be leaving about 6:45 am.  My wife, my kids and I ended up spending the night on the floor of the airport lounge. 

So about a 12 hour delay.  We didn't end up spending any money, but are we entitled to some sort of compensation?  It was definitely NOT weather related.  And if so, do I just write an email to United's general complaint email address?  I'm not on Twitter.

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:32:48 PM by jerkatz »

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #5010 on: December 27, 2022, 02:43:37 PM »
You mean this very same ticket?
The ticket that you paid for is what you'll get, they aren't giving anything more for a one hour delay...

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: December 29, 2022, 11:56:28 PM »
My flight from LGA to IAD (segment one of two) was delayed due to mechanical issues. After some time it was clear that I wouldn't make my onward connecting flight but my carry-on bag had been gate checked and staff did not release the gate checked bags for quite some time (they insisted that the flight isn't canceled yet, why release the bags? despite more than a dozen anxious mis-connecting passengers waiting on the jetbridge - beholden).
By the time my bag was finally returned to me, the cs line was snaking around the corner and there didn't seem to be any signage for Premier CS. I went back to check in, at this point there were no remaining seats on other airlines for re-accommodation. The only option I was offered was out of EWR. An agent offered to arrange a car transfer from LGA to EWR via voucher.
After a frustrating hour of waiting for car, part of it in the cold - as they kept claiming they're almost there, just traffic getting to airport) I quit and took an Uber. I later learned they picked up another 9 passengers or so before me, and charged United $145 per! Beware, if you're offered airline-arranged transport, ask if you can arrange your own and get reimbursed. When I asked, the agent shrugged and said "oh you could have done this all along" Well, she didn't offer it before I asked. Given the traffic patterns at time of scheduling car, the trip would have been much shorter and cheaper.
This additional hour delay caused me to miss my 7 pm replacement flight. I was moved to 8:40 pm flight which, as Murphy's would have it, got delayed eventually too, till 10:30. I ultimately touched down at 1:00 am.
I reached out to Premier customer service (I'm Premier Platinum) and asked for compensation for my Uber fare ($155 and change) and for my 5+ hours delay.
United's response? They can reimburse for $150 - that's the maximum they allow for airport transfer. (Granted, they only fell short a couple of dollars; it's the principal of the matter though that bothers me. It's reasonable to expect compensation for an expense incurred directly as a result of airline actions. I don't blame mechanical issues; life happens. I only hold them responsible for the lack of efficiency and transparency.
As for the delay and aggravation? 7,500 goodwill miles  ::) ( I'd reckon this amount of compensatory miles to be commensurate with a non-working seatback entertainment for a short flight or another minor inconvenience - though honestly I wouldn't ask for anything in that case.)
When I expressed my displeasure with their resolution, they wrote back that they cannot honor my request for higher compensation but they'd forward to their team. blah,
On an aside, I paid 3x the fare on the connecting route because I was short 2 flights towards meeting the 4 flight segment minimum in order to requalify for premier status. I was moved to a nonstop flight out of EWR, and now need to pursue my original flight itinerary to credit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:02:47 AM by Elikip »

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 30, 2022, 06:05:26 AM »
Hi

This is my first time posting on ANY forum, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post.

Question about airline compensation:

We had a 6:45 pm flight from Newark to LA which was pushed off about an hour b/c they were lacking a flight attendant.  Once she had arrived and we were taxiing on the runway, we were informed that there was a mechanical problem on the plane (which I think was a legitimate excuse) and we needed to return to the terminal for mechanics to check it out.

After waiting on the plane for a couple of hours, we were then informed that we all needed to deplane.  No explanation given.

After hanging around for a bit, we were told that the original flight attendants were no longer allowed to work due to FAA requirements, but the flight MIGHT still leave later in the evening.  They then posted a time of 12 am.

Around midnight we were informed that due to a shortage of flight attendants, the flight would now be leaving about 6:45 am.  My wife, my kids and I ended up spending the night on the floor of the airport lounge. 

So about a 12 hour delay.  We didn't end up spending any money, but are we entitled to some sort of compensation?  It was definitely NOT weather related.  And if so, do I just write an email to United's general complaint email address?  I'm not on Twitter.

Thanks so much!
Yes, email them and request compensation. PM me if you need help with this.

Offline Shegold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: December 31, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »
anyone have a united airlines contact higher up than customer care?

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: January 01, 2023, 04:41:29 AM »
Anyone have direct number for JetBlue senior customer care?

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: January 01, 2023, 05:21:33 AM »
For what kind of issue?

Offline Shegold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: January 01, 2023, 01:14:38 PM »
My seat was broken and not upright the entire flight and I should not have flown. Even the flight attendants said I should not fly but they did nothing but yell at me the entire flight to move my seat when the seat could not go upright! Customer care gave me 5,000 points which is insulting.
I really need a higher up at United.

Offline ynokapi55

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: January 01, 2023, 04:00:11 PM »
I had an American Airlines flight operated by Royal Air Maroc from Casablanca to Washington D.C. I was involuntarily denied boarding by Royal Air Maroc due to oversold seats and put on a RAM flight at the same time the next day. They put us up in a hotel for the night and gave me a letter that I was denied boarding.

Few questions:

1. Do I speak to AA or RAM for compensation? Both lol?
2. If I do speak to AA am I eligible for compensation? AA rules seem to say that I'm eligible for up to $1550, but DOT seems to say that international flights are not covered.
3. Has anyone had this experience with RAM before? They gave me an email address to reach out to, but the agent at the check-in made it sound like it was hit or miss on how much we would get.

Thanks!

Offline yomo

• View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: January 01, 2023, 06:08:56 PM »
Anyone have direct number for JetBlue senior customer care?
Anyone with higher up JetBlue number?
TIA!

Offline Berry6

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: January 01, 2023, 08:44:49 PM »
Delta flight YUL to DTW lost power and had blown tires just after landing. Stuck for an hour onboard before deplaning on runway to shuttle busses. Did not ask for compensation but sent a $125 voucher the next day. Was a nice gesture.