Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1117708 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #1920 on: July 24, 2015, 11:48:18 AM »
How many huca's did it take?
Flight time changes are very good for getting things changed.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Dave A

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »
Is there a # to call for AA complaints?  I called Advantage and they said the only way is via email form online. 

The short of it: traveled to Israel with double-stroller.  Asked if we could remove wheels prior to checking, since we heard they could get damaged.  AA agent refused to let us remove wheels.  Sure enough, wheel lock was broken when we picked up stroller.  Complained via email after our trip.  Two email attempts failed -- response was that "local agents" are responsible so AA couldn't do anything (what?) and that they could not reimburse or redeposit miles if complaint is not made within 24 hours of picking up damaged baggage.

Anyone have experience getting in touch with them other than by email? (Looked upthread, couldn't find a number.)

Thanks

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 24, 2015, 01:56:36 PM »
Is there a # to call for AA complaints?  I called Advantage and they said the only way is via email form online. 

The short of it: traveled to Israel with double-stroller.  Asked if we could remove wheels prior to checking, since we heard they could get damaged.  AA agent refused to let us remove wheels.  Sure enough, wheel lock was broken when we picked up stroller.  Complained via email after our trip.  Two email attempts failed -- response was that "local agents" are responsible so AA couldn't do anything (what?) and that they could not reimburse or redeposit miles if complaint is not made within 24 hours of picking up damaged baggage.

Anyone have experience getting in touch with them other than by email? (Looked upthread, couldn't find a number.)

Thanks

I'm a fan of writing letters to CEOS via snail mail on nice stationery.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #1923 on: July 24, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »
Had aa flight delayed on both outbound and return by 2 1/2 hours (5 total)
complained to them about for the extra day parking I had to pay
=5k
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 24, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »
Data point: I got united to cancel a multi city trip because one flight segment was changed by half an hour. I canceled it about 2 weeks after I got the email that flight time has changed

On several occasions, I have leveraged even minor flight time changes to my advantage.  I have been able to work it both ways, i.e., they make the flight 30 minutes earlier results in my not being able to get to the airport on time, or they make the flight 30 minutes later, means I can't get to my meeting in new city on time, etc.  Just need to be clear with them, respectful, patient, appreciative.  I have found that you get more with honey than with vinegar. And if that doesn't work, HUCA.

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 26, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »
Are ua ewr-tlv flights in  summer likely to offer to be bumped, on sold out flight?
if available what would compensation be?

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
Are ua ewr-tlv flights in  summer likely to offer to be bumped, on sold out flight?
if available what would compensation be?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline shalumov

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 28, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »
That was nice of them. Can you combine the credits towards one flight?

I am still waiting for the $200 credit (but got the check cab fare already) - as far as I know it will be to each person. Will let you know once I get the actual credit details.

Offline shiframeir

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg gold. nothing else. sigh.
« Reply #1928 on: July 28, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
I was looking around and couldnt find where people tend to send their compensation requests to United, is it just Customer Care? my notes below. i really dont get how they can say not having a plane because of some storms in Houston is a Weather cancellation so they give us no assistance or put us on other planes.... I used to be a big Continental guy, but United just aint the same (except for the occasional old Continental customer service rep, just got amazing help from an Inga Anderson who was amazing, and obviously, was there back in the Continental days...)

We were supposed to fly from SNA to EWR on 6/30/15 on flight [_] (confirmations [_] for tix for my family, 2 adults 3 kids (1 1-year old)  but the flight was cancelled allegedly due to the plane that was needed was stuck in Houston with storms there. The attendants refused to put me on the next plane out from another airline, which i think was wrong (i actually missed an important interview on July 1st , which i'm pretty bitter about), and our family needed to find a place to sleep and transportation to LAX from SNA (due to the agent only providing tickets for the next day going from LAX). United should have done a better job on providing us room and board and transportation, as the failure to have the plane available (even due to weather in houston) was not fair, as you could have had that plane come earlier due to the weather, or have another plane available for issues like this (the weather wasnt the proximate cause of the cancellation, the lack of an airplane was, other metal was taking off from SNA the whole time). the LAX flight also was delayed over an hour:(.

Because we are on a tight budget and the attendants were not helpful at all with my family (including 1 year old baby) as e tried to figure out what to do and where to sleep, we incurred approximately $300 total in costs charged for our room at the hotel airport (whole family in 1small room, with baby crying :() and the Uber that took us to LAX. we also bought some food but cannot find those receipts.   

Can you please provide as soon as possible the terms and conditions that specify how this case falls under the "weather" cancellation exception where United can just say too bad to us when we travelled to LA because of the absence of weather issues? is there an official definition of a weather-related cancellation? And how is this different from not having pilots available because of timing, which is your responsibility even if one is late due to weather?

I received 5 individual $100 email vouchers for UA flights (for each family member), not sure that is really what i deserve, considering they had no excuse to cancel the flight without comp/hotel. they even changed the reason in the email, claiming that the reason it was cancelled was the bad weather in Houston on the way from SNA to EWR, which is ridic, considering all the flights that werent cancelled and didnt/wouldnt take such a silly pattern.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1929 on: July 28, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »
4 KSML requested and none on board, is it worth bothering United or just move on?

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #1930 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:36 PM »

4 KSML requested and none on board, is it worth bothering United or just move on?

What flights?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #1931 on: July 28, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #1932 on: July 28, 2015, 10:43:18 PM »

UA JFK-LAX Business.

You can try. Doesn't hurt.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 28, 2015, 10:52:13 PM »
UA JFK-LAX Business.

I'd be surprised if they don't give you anything, as long as you requested enough in advance.

Offline nobiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55:56 PM »

They give a standard 10k IME.

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: July 28, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
What would be the best way to contact Lufthansa in regards to a 'No KSML' from MUC-YUL IN F (though we had a phenomenal experience), I sent them a letter thru their feedback system more than a month ago, I also emailed them, and no respond, any idea?
TIA

Offline Super Speed

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 29, 2015, 12:08:41 AM »
I'd be surprised if they don't give you anything, as long as you requested enough in advance.
I called more than 24 hours in advance, they showed me that they received the request but that it's unavailable.
They give a standard 10k IME.
Per person or total?

Offline nobiggy

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 29, 2015, 12:11:51 AM »
I was a solo traveler.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 29, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »
my fathers flight from ewr-tlv was delayed from 4:40 to 8:30 what can he get for it

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #1939 on: July 29, 2015, 07:35:22 AM »
my fathers flight from ewr-tlv was delayed from 4:40 to 8:30 what can he get for it
a nap