Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1099209 times)

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #2120 on: September 17, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
I've been calling and calling the united baggage claim line to have them issue me the $250 compensation voucher they offered me but I never received. Each time they say they're sending it out and I never receive it. This must have happened 9 or 10 times already. In addition, they always claim supervisor is in meeting or on phone call and I can't speak to them. They say they will arrange a call back but I have never gotten one. I ask the reps to document it so they can see exactly how many times I called about this and how I was never called back etc.
The question is what's my next step - is there someone I can email or a different department I can speak to? And can I get compensation for all the aggravation and time spent on hold?

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 19, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
What would be the best way to contact Lufthansa in regards to a 'No KSML' from MUC-YUL IN F (though we had a phenomenal experience), I sent them a letter thru their feedback system more than a month ago, I also emailed them, and no respond, any idea?
TIA
LH finally got back to me, saying they will send me a check of 170.00 USD the equivalent of 150.00 EUR, so my family & I can go out for a meal to make up the non-available-meal.

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 19, 2015, 11:48:03 PM »
I just got a 400 dollar voucher from Delta for nothing. Apparently there was some sort of change in the flightbut i havnt found one. Good day :)

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 19, 2015, 11:55:56 PM »
I just got a 400 dollar voucher from Delta for nothing. Apparently there was some sort of change in the flightbut i havnt found one. Good day :)
Uh-oh, Maybe you should prepare for some really bad stuff..

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 20, 2015, 01:38:47 AM »
Uh-oh, Maybe you should prepare for some really bad stuff..

Ha. I just realized that they put me on a flight that leaves 2 hours later...worth it for me

Offline 3yummyboys

• View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 24, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »
Anyone ever get comp for an expired KSML

Online Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 24, 2015, 10:05:50 AM »
Airline: Southwest
Flight: LAX-SMF
Class: Economy
Incident: Cancelled flight due to mechanical issues, rebooked 40 minutes later to OAK.
Compensation: $100 voucher.

Offline zow

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 25, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
Flight:MCI-MDW
Incident: Cancelled flight due to unclear issues, possibly weather. We cancelled and drove. See details below.
Compensation: waiting to hear back, and I'll let you know!

Details:
Hello. I thought that I submitted a message months ago, but perhaps it never got sent.  Our family of 5 was scheduled to travel on the above-indicated flight. We were traveling on three tickets paid with Rapid Rewards, and two passengers were traveling on companion passes.  The morning of the flight -- only about 90-120 minutes in advance of the scheduled departure, we were notified by text message that the flight would be delayed.   The cause of the delay was not stated.  We were unable to reach a Southwest agent by telephone due to heavy call volume, and we were under a severe time constraint.  You see, we were in Kansas City and had to arrive in Chicago before sundown, as the Jewish festival of Passover was commencing at sundown, and our religious observance prohibits travel on the festival.  We had to make a split-second decision between continuing on to the airport in MCI and awaiting a delayed departure into MDW, which might or might not allow us to arrive into our final Chicago destination by sundown, or abandon the plan to fly MCI-MDW and instead drive our rental vehicle all the way from Kansas City, MO to Skokie, IL (outside Chicago).  That drive would take approximately 8 hours, and we elected to go that route. Thankfully, it was a good decision, as we were able to arrive at our Skokie, IL, destination with 30 minutes to spare before sundown, and thereby avoided violation of the festival's restrictions.  And, we were eventually able to reach Southwest by phone and cancel our reservations, and the Rapid Rewards Points were credited back to out accounts.  However, unfortunately, our decision led us to a very expensive rental cost for the vehicle that we had to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, resulting in a "one-way" drop charge.  Our total out-of-pocket cost for the rental vehicle was approximately $500.  I am writing to ask Southwest for compensation, as our travel plans were disrupted and we were forced to undertake additional expenses to facilitate our religious observance.  May I suggest either a monetary compensation to defray the cost of the vehicle rental or some comparable amount of Rapid Rewards to enable us to continue to enjoy future flights on Southwest? Thank you! --Zow

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 26, 2015, 07:55:04 PM »
A family member of mine recently flew ElAl , he had pre-ordered a mehadrin (בד"ץ) meal. When he received it, it was completely moldy after which he checked to confirm that it had passed its expiration date. He was offered another one by the FA which he declined, claiming he was too disgusted to touch another one of those meals...
Any chance of compensation? (Hate to sound over-entitled, just doing him a favor by posting on the forums :) )

Offline rileywiles23

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 27, 2015, 01:03:01 AM »

A family member of mine recently flew ElAl , he had pre-ordered a mehadrin (בד"ץ) meal. When he received it, it was completely moldy after which he checked to confirm that it had passed its expiration date. He was offered another one by the FA which he declined, claiming he was too disgusted to touch another one of those meals...
Any chance of compensation? (Hate to sound over-entitled, just doing him a favor by posting on the forums :) )
They gave him his compensation, when they offered him a new meal !!!!!!!
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: September 27, 2015, 05:48:53 AM »
They gave him his compensation, when they offered him a new meal !!!!!!!
I'm not sure why you're screaming...
I think it's pretty fair to be put off by a replacement offer when the first one (just a few minutes earlier) was moldy.
All they did was offer him a new meal.....from the same batch!
It's not like they had connections with the ground to offer him a "freshly" cooked meal...

Offline 1050BU

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 27, 2015, 05:56:12 AM »

I'm not sure why you're screaming...
I think it's pretty fair to be put off by a replacement offer when the first one (just a few minutes earlier) was moldy.
All they did was offer him a new meal.....from the same batch!
It's not like they had connections with the ground to offer him a "freshly" cooked meal...

Just because one is moldy and bad does not mean they all are. Just a old one got mixed in by mistake.

Offline yitzy93

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: September 27, 2015, 06:03:11 AM »
Just because one is moldy and bad does not mean they all are. Just a old one got mixed in by mistake.
A. That is your assumption
B. That may very well be true, but all I'm saying is that it's fairly reasonable to be put off by their meals for the rest of the flight.
C.I think a FA checking the expiration of a meal before serving it to a customer is a bare minimum, don't you?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2133 on: October 02, 2015, 02:24:07 AM »
Flight:MCI-MDW
Incident: Cancelled flight due to unclear issues, possibly weather. We cancelled and drove. See details below.
Compensation: waiting to hear back, and I'll let you know!

Details:
Hello. I thought that I submitted a message months ago, but perhaps it never got sent.  Our family of 5 was scheduled to travel on the above-indicated flight. We were traveling on three tickets paid with Rapid Rewards, and two passengers were traveling on companion passes.  The morning of the flight -- only about 90-120 minutes in advance of the scheduled departure, we were notified by text message that the flight would be delayed.   The cause of the delay was not stated.  We were unable to reach a Southwest agent by telephone due to heavy call volume, and we were under a severe time constraint.  You see, we were in Kansas City and had to arrive in Chicago before sundown, as the Jewish festival of Passover was commencing at sundown, and our religious observance prohibits travel on the festival.  We had to make a split-second decision between continuing on to the airport in MCI and awaiting a delayed departure into MDW, which might or might not allow us to arrive into our final Chicago destination by sundown, or abandon the plan to fly MCI-MDW and instead drive our rental vehicle all the way from Kansas City, MO to Skokie, IL (outside Chicago).  That drive would take approximately 8 hours, and we elected to go that route. Thankfully, it was a good decision, as we were able to arrive at our Skokie, IL, destination with 30 minutes to spare before sundown, and thereby avoided violation of the festival's restrictions.  And, we were eventually able to reach Southwest by phone and cancel our reservations, and the Rapid Rewards Points were credited back to out accounts.  However, unfortunately, our decision led us to a very expensive rental cost for the vehicle that we had to drive from Kansas City to Chicago, resulting in a "one-way" drop charge.  Our total out-of-pocket cost for the rental vehicle was approximately $500.  I am writing to ask Southwest for compensation, as our travel plans were disrupted and we were forced to undertake additional expenses to facilitate our religious observance.  May I suggest either a monetary compensation to defray the cost of the vehicle rental or some comparable amount of Rapid Rewards to enable us to continue to enjoy future flights on Southwest? Thank you! --Zow
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the advantage in telling them about Jewish holiday observance, as opposed to simply explaining you had to be somewhere at a certain time.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 02, 2015, 02:28:17 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the advantage in telling them about Jewish holiday observance, as opposed to simply explaining you had to be somewhere at a certain time.
If you don't compensate fairly you can cry anti-Semitism 

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:47 AM »
This is my story, what do you suggest I do?

I was scheduled to fly AA award from AAA-BBB-CCC-ZZZ departing at 1:25pm and arriving at 9:25pm.

With a 37 minute stopover in BBB and about a 55 minute delay we touched down as my next plane was leaving the gate.
AA put me on a flight from BBB-CCC-ZZZ for the next morning arriving at 1:30pm and was going to arrange for me a hotel for the night.
Rather than leaving the secured area to the ticket desk I went to the lounge where the agent confirmed for me that which I already knew that there was no flight on any airline that would get me to my destination that day. I figured my best bet was to have them fly me to an airport where I can get a direct flight the next morning (on erev Shabbos, the less stopovers the better) preferably on the first flight arriving into ZZZ.
The wonderful agent rebooked me on a USAir flight from BBB-DDD-EEE and then put me on the first flight of the morning arriving at ZZZ which was UA from EEE-ZZZ arriving at 9:36am.
The flight from DDD-EEE was delayed by over 1:30 hours we landed after 11pm local time and I didn't get to my hotel till almost 1am.

With that and no kosher food, what should I ask for?

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 02, 2015, 03:30:10 AM »
This is my story, what do you suggest I do?

I was scheduled to fly AA award from AAA-BBB-CCC-ZZZ departing at 1:25pm and arriving at 9:25pm.

With a 37 minute stopover in BBB and about a 55 minute delay we touched down as my next plane was leaving the gate.
AA put me on a flight from BBB-CCC-ZZZ for the next morning arriving at 1:30pm and was going to arrange for me a hotel for the night.
Rather than leaving the secured area to the ticket desk I went to the lounge where the agent confirmed for me that which I already knew that there was no flight on any airline that would get me to my destination that day. I figured my best bet was to have them fly me to an airport where I can get a direct flight the next morning (on erev Shabbos, the less stopovers the better) preferably on the first flight arriving into ZZZ.
The wonderful agent rebooked me on a USAir flight from BBB-DDD-EEE and then put me on the first flight of the morning arriving at ZZZ which was UA from EEE-ZZZ arriving at 9:36am.
The flight from DDD-EEE was delayed by over 1:30 hours we landed after 11pm local time and I didn't get to my hotel till almost 1am.

With that and no kosher food, what should I ask for?
Want my opinion?

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 02, 2015, 03:42:08 AM »
Want my opinion?
He probably doesn't!

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 02, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »

Offline MLM

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT PLAT, UA LT PP, FPC LT PLAT, HH DIAMOND,
« Reply #2139 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:11 AM »
United PS JFK-LAX Businessfirst

3 hour delay due to small electrical fire. It happened at the gate. Ended up without a meal and a ride.

What should I ask for?