Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1109915 times)

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #2820 on: October 14, 2016, 12:46:56 AM »
Just got $250 UA travel certificate for one of my bags arriving 2 days late.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 14, 2016, 12:48:27 AM »
Just got $250 UA travel certificate for one of my bags arriving 2 days late.
Nice. Did you file anything with your CC as well?

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:18 AM »
Nice. Did you file anything with your CC as well?
Not yet. Used Amex Spg (ye I'm not sure why I didn't use my CSP) do they offer anything?

Offline SkinnnyJ

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile

Offline Saver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 19, 2016, 09:32:47 PM »
Hi! I really need advice here.  My daughter was coming from Israel on Azberbajain Airlines and had a different airlines that we booked (not connected to the first airline and not in the record).  Instead of her leaving Wed. night and going through Baku the airline detained after a very hard ordeal and shlep without normal food the whole flight and it changed planes in Turkey and arrived three hours before Shabbos. Initially, she was supposed to arrive Thursday morning to jfk and go to Colorado six hours later.  She ended up missing Shabbos of the Bar mitzvah and we lost her ticket from NY to Colorado (as it wasn't their fault she missed the plane) Her flight on Sunday was delayed for a different reason and she came in to CO after the Bar mitzvah of Shabbos and Sunday. This was booked by Chase Saphire. She needed extra taxis and a place to stay for Shabbos etc.

Any advice? Any recourse? Is there anyone who fights these type of things that would like to do this for commission? We wrote Azberbajan airlines with no response and it is already a month. Supposedly it says in Israeli rules that an airline who detains more than nine hours has to pay compensation.

Please advise!
I filed the claim too late with chase visa so got no compensation that way.  Azberbajan airlines does not respond, Priceline said they cant help does anyone know a lawyer or someone that could get results without too much work.  Are there any other suggestions? Is there anyone on this forum who would like to try it for me and get a percentage?

Thanks!

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: October 26, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
$1100 from Chase Mastercard for actual expenses on flight delay of 24 hours.

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: October 26, 2016, 01:15:48 PM »
So they are not budging from the $200 voucher, force majeure etc etc, same email as others have gotten here.

Any ideas how to continue ?

Would you think using the $200 voucher United sent me, prevent from filing for the 3000 NIS?

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: October 26, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »
Would you think using the $200 voucher United sent me, prevent from filing for the 3000 NIS?
Filing where?

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: October 26, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

Offline Saver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: October 29, 2016, 11:45:37 PM »
I filed the claim too late with chase visa so got no compensation that way.  Azberbajan airlines does not respond, Priceline said they cant help does anyone know a lawyer or someone that could get results without too much work.  Are there any other suggestions? Is there anyone on this forum who would like to try it for me and get a percentage?

Thanks!

Any other suggestions of a lawyer or someone to get through to Azberbajain airlines or Israel to get some compensation? She missed her brothers bar mitzvah.  Please advise!

Offline mend89

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: October 30, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Hi,
I would really appreciate advice on this matter,
On Oct. 9, my wife and I along with our baby flew JFK-FCO-TLV with a two hour stopover. First leg AA and second El-Al (booked through AA). The first leg was delayed about 3 hours (supposedly due to aircraft issues) and then we waited on the plane for 1 more hour. There were no drinks served until 1.5 hours after departure. (flight attendant told someone who asked for drink that they don't want to waste a thousand cups on us…).
Of course we missed the second leg, along with 51 other people flying to TLV. We were rebooked (without any other options) on a later El-Al flight at 20:30, instead of 10 am.
AA gave everyone vouchers to the Hilton near the airport plus lunch waivers, and made us pick up all checked baggage. I asked about kosher food and was told hotel will see to it.. So we schlepped 3 big suitcases, plus 3 carry-ons, plus a car seat, plus a baby on a 20 minute walk to the hotel including super slow elevators with long lines (obviously, with 51 people plus all their bags trying to get to the hotel as well…). We finally got there and they tell us we were too late for lunch (non kosher anyways) and they wouldn’t even give us a free drink. A few hours later we made the return schlepp to the airport and then took a bus to terminal six. Some people took cabs for 40 euro because it was a crazy walk with luggage! 
This flight was also delayed for 1.5 hours, and arrived at TLV at 2:00 AM, Oct 11. This was 12 hours later than we were originally expected to land there (2:00 PM, Oct 10). And of course, no kosher meals for us because we were not scheduled for that flight 48 hours in advance. Basically, no kosher food for 12 hours.
On the flight back we also didn't get kosher meals on both legs, even though I had settled kosher meals for the trip weeks before.

I would really appreciate advice as to what's the best way to go with this. Airline? DOT? YourEurope? Credit Card Dispute? (used Chase Ink Visa) All? To combine complaints of all issues/passengers?
And what's the best I can expect?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:27:33 PM by mend89 »

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 02, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
EWR-LAX - 2 passengers

Flew with no checked bags. Full flight, so forced to gate check larger carryons. Bags came out 45 mins after flight and on wrong baggage carousal, so had to wait even longer till they corrected it. Bags from flight after us arrived first.

Compensation: $75 cert each

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 02, 2016, 01:24:52 PM »
Hi,
I would really appreciate advice on this matter,
On Oct. 9, my wife and I along with our baby flew JFK-FCO-TLV with a two hour stopover. First leg AA and second El-Al (booked through AA). The first leg was delayed about 3 hours (supposedly due to aircraft issues) and then we waited on the plane for 1 more hour. There were no drinks served until 1.5 hours after departure. (flight attendant told someone who asked for drink that they don't want to waste a thousand cups on us…).
Of course we missed the second leg, along with 51 other people flying to TLV. We were rebooked (without any other options) on a later El-Al flight at 20:30, instead of 10 am.
AA gave everyone vouchers to the Hilton near the airport plus lunch waivers, and made us pick up all checked baggage. I asked about kosher food and was told hotel will see to it.. So we schlepped 3 big suitcases, plus 3 carry-ons, plus a car seat, plus a baby on a 20 minute walk to the hotel including super slow elevators with long lines (obviously, with 51 people plus all their bags trying to get to the hotel as well…). We finally got there and they tell us we were too late for lunch (non kosher anyways) and they wouldn’t even give us a free drink. A few hours later we made the return schlepp to the airport and then took a bus to terminal six. Some people took cabs for 40 euro because it was a crazy walk with luggage! 
This flight was also delayed for 1.5 hours, and arrived at TLV at 2:00 AM, Oct 11. This was 12 hours later than we were originally expected to land there (2:00 PM, Oct 10). And of course, no kosher meals for us because we were not scheduled for that flight 48 hours in advance. Basically, no kosher food for 12 hours.
On the flight back we also didn't get kosher meals on both legs, even though I had settled kosher meals for the trip weeks before.

I would really appreciate advice as to what's the best way to go with this. Airline? DOT? YourEurope? Credit Card Dispute? (used Chase Ink Visa) All? To combine complaints of all issues/passengers?
And what's the best I can expect?

EU or Israel should force comp since you were > 3 hrs late, unless there was weather or something. IIRC, EU is more generous.

Offline palm tights

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:44 AM »
Airline: American airline
Flight: jfk-lhr
Class: economy  (award ticket)
Incident: 7 hours delay
,we were 2 passengers , how should i go about it ? What can i do and what can i get?
Thanks

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 08, 2016, 03:56:05 AM »
,we were 2 passengers , how should i go about it ? What can i do and what can i get?
Thanks
Paging @Dan.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: November 08, 2016, 07:48:57 AM »
$500 voucher for an LY flight being switched to Hi Fly. Ticket was a paid First/Business ticket.

Offline palm tights

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 08, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
Thanks
Any ideas how i can claim something?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2837 on: November 08, 2016, 07:54:12 PM »
No it will not. I got $350 voucher from Delta for my niece and her daughter + Israeli mandatory compensation.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Saver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 09, 2016, 11:41:56 PM »
How did you get Israeli Mandatory compensation? Where did you file for it?

Offline Baglach

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 13, 2016, 01:41:47 AM »
Does anyone have a link where I can file for Israeli or Usa compensation? our united flight EWR-TLV was over 4 hours delayed does that mean I'm entitled to 3000 Shekel per passenger?