Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098859 times)

Offline Moshe26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #4380 on: August 29, 2019, 04:44:51 PM »

Offline Padle

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: August 29, 2019, 09:48:01 PM »
United lost my child's car seat for the second time in one year (it came a day later). $125 voucher

Delta: 5 Hour delay, notified 3 hours before the original flight (so didn't leave home yet). Compensation : $50 Voucher

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 29, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »
UA $50 voucher for delayed meal service. Had no idea it was delayed and no idea why the offer showed up in my inbox until I logged on and saw the reason.

Offline sruliL

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #4383 on: August 29, 2019, 11:22:16 PM »
call Jetblue
You may not even have to. JetBlue is pretty good about proactively offering compensation. I was delayed a few weeks ago and before I landed there was already an email in my inbox and voucher deposited next day. Although delay was over 4 hours.
Life's not about doing things good, its about doing good things.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: August 30, 2019, 01:47:23 AM »
I got a refund to my cc in the amount of $159.01. No explanation on how that was calculated, but I'm happy :). I was hoping they wouldn't give a voucher that I'd be pressured to use within a year.
Earlier this week I received an apology email from United for this re-routing and delay along with $150 UA voucher. This was a surprise to me as I actually thought the case was closed after they issued the partial refund and I didn't think of asking for anything in addition. Was definitely a welcoming gesture.

Offline metsgiantsfan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 31, 2019, 11:58:11 PM »
Hi Everyone..pls tell me what you think of this. My family flew from EWR-FRA-TLV  on UNITED (ewr-fra) . All 4 of us flew Polaris using GPU's.  1)After confirming 3 times in advance that we were down for Kosher food, turns out they didnt have our meals. Staff told us this happens a lot and if you order "kosher"  over 72 hours before the flight (We ordered thhis 6 months ago and checked about a week before the flight), many times it doesnt get added..not sure if true or not. but all i know is we didnt get food.
2) Not uniteds fault, but a passenger came to my daughters pod while she was sleeping and started shaking her pod and seat, while making very weird noises.This startled and scared her and for the remaining 5 hours of the flight she was on my wifes lap crying off and on. They asked us if we wanted to call security upon landing but we decided not to since he didnt harm her. A few min later the attendant came over and told us that they think this passenger urinated in the aisle right by my daughters seat, so they put down some powder to absorb it. The pilot was notified and they think he might have mixed ambien with Alcohol or he was on drugs or drunk.

I emailed this to united about not having kosher food and told them about this disturbance which I mentioned that I am not blaming United in any way for this as this was a passenger who created this and wasnt the airliens fault, but I asked if we could get our return home flight upgraded to polaris since we couldnt enjoy the benefits of Polaris.... United wrote me back pretty quickly apologizing for the food and saying that the staff is trained for situations like that..They cant upgrade us but they can give us $250 each (total $1000)in united credit.  I thought this was fair but some of my friends think it should be much greater.  What are your opinions? (United Platinum we are)
thank you

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: September 01, 2019, 01:17:50 AM »
Hi Everyone..pls tell me what you think of this. My family flew from EWR-FRA-TLV  on UNITED (ewr-fra) . All 4 of us flew Polaris using GPU's.  1)After confirming 3 times in advance that we were down for Kosher food, turns out they didnt have our meals. Staff told us this happens a lot and if you order "kosher"  over 72 hours before the flight (We ordered thhis 6 months ago and checked about a week before the flight), many times it doesnt get added..not sure if true or not. but all i know is we didnt get food.
2) Not uniteds fault, but a passenger came to my daughters pod while she was sleeping and started shaking her pod and seat, while making very weird noises.This startled and scared her and for the remaining 5 hours of the flight she was on my wifes lap crying off and on. They asked us if we wanted to call security upon landing but we decided not to since he didnt harm her. A few min later the attendant came over and told us that they think this passenger urinated in the aisle right by my daughters seat, so they put down some powder to absorb it. The pilot was notified and they think he might have mixed ambien with Alcohol or he was on drugs or drunk.

I emailed this to united about not having kosher food and told them about this disturbance which I mentioned that I am not blaming United in any way for this as this was a passenger who created this and wasnt the airliens fault, but I asked if we could get our return home flight upgraded to polaris since we couldnt enjoy the benefits of Polaris.... United wrote me back pretty quickly apologizing for the food and saying that the staff is trained for situations like that..They cant upgrade us but they can give us $250 each (total $1000)in united credit.  I thought this was fair but some of my friends think it should be much greater.  What are your opinions? (United Platinum we are)
thank you

Everyone will have their own opinion, but I think it's fair. It's compensation for the food. Re the passenger there isn't anything they could have done differently.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: September 01, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »
Everyone will have their own opinion, but I think it's fair. It's compensation for the food. Re the passenger there isn't anything they could have done differently.

Agree with this as they are mainly compensating for lack of meals and you admitted yourself that this passenger's behavior was not their fault and beyond their control. I do agree that the behavior was bizarre and disgusting and would have totally rankled me, but other than offering to have security called for him, there wasn't much else they could have done.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile

Offline metsgiantsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 01, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
Agree with this as they are mainly compensating for lack of meals and you admitted yourself that this passenger's behavior was not their fault and beyond their control. I do agree that the behavior was bizarre and disgusting and would have totally rankled me, but other than offering to have security called for him, there wasn't much else they could have done.

Agree and as i mentioned I dont blame united, they handled it quite well..

Online Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: September 01, 2019, 04:16:06 PM »
LY J booked with QF called elal before the flight to confirm kosher meal, on flight they said they don’t have for me, didn’t get request. I’m guessing I contact LY? What’s the easiest way?

Offline qwerty123

• View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: September 01, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »
was on united flight from ewr to tlv and the air phone whole for my screen didnt work. Am i entilted for compensation?

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 01, 2019, 06:19:54 PM »
was on united flight from ewr to tlv and the air phone whole for my screen didnt work. Am i entilted for compensation?
You're not entitled, but you can ask.
I'm not who you think I am.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: September 01, 2019, 06:31:56 PM »
Air phone whole, that's a new one.... :D

Offline Mh1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: September 02, 2019, 12:14:12 AM »
Delta

Flight at 10:15 pm was delayed till 5 pm the next day

Was given hotel for the night and 12,500 miles per passenger

Delay was mechanical

Do I have a shot at getting any more  comp? If yes what can I expect?

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: September 02, 2019, 06:49:43 AM »
Delta

Flight at 10:15 pm was delayed till 5 pm the next day

Was given hotel for the night and 12,500 miles per passenger

Delay was mechanical

Do I have a shot at getting any more  comp? If yes what can I expect?
Flight details?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #4397 on: September 02, 2019, 08:28:18 AM »

Air phone whole, that's a knew won.... :D
FTFY
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #4398 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »
Southwest from MDW to PHL 1 hour delay, last flight of day at night due to connecting passengers from a different flight (that had mechanical issues). Sent message on Twitter, $100 LUV vocuher per passenger.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline Mh1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: September 02, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
Flight details?

Flight was Delta LIH to LAX they had to fly a part in from HNL, I'm pretty sure was last flight of the day