Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1099179 times)

Offline 159dallas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: IHG Platinum Premier, Hertz PC, Enterprise EE
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #4420 on: October 07, 2019, 07:43:39 PM »
EU comp.

+1 on this

They are wrong if they say you can't

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #4421 on: October 07, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
EU comp.
+1 on this

They are wrong if they say you can't
What's the EU baggage delay law?
Under the Montreal Convention you should be eligible for up to 1,130 SDR.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: October 07, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »
What's the EU baggage delay law?
Under the Montreal Convention you should be eligible for up to 1,130 SDR.
EU is 1300EUR
But you might be able to claim under the Montreal convention which is a few hundred dollars more.

Does EU override Montreal?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: October 07, 2019, 08:25:06 PM »
EU is 1300EUR
But you might be able to claim under the Montreal convention which is a few hundred dollars more.
same laws? Link?
Does EU override Montreal?
No.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline joahr101

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4425 on: October 22, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
Airline: Southwest
Flight: DAL - LAG
Class: Economy

Does anyone have any advice for how to handle the following situation?

I took a flight with my wife and three kids recently. Two of these were lap children. My youngest was only three weeks old. Two hours into the flight, the flight attendant told us that one of us must move since there were only four oxygen masks in the row and we were five people. The flight was full and we were not told to pick different seats at boarding. She was indifferent to our problem and suggested we see if we can find another passenger to switch seats with one of us. Left with no other option, we asked another from women on the flight who we shared a mutual friend with to hold our newborn baby (we couldn't give her a squirming and wild 18-month-old). She was sitting about 20 feet in front of us.

During landing the baby woke up and yelled. My wife and I could not even get up to get him since they wouldn't let us get up. We had to listen to our brand-new newborn cry for 20 minutes. After the flight, I emailed Southwest telling them about the situation and the emotional distress that I, and especially my wife, experience by the flight attendance negligence in not telling us to rearrange our seats to begin with.

After a few days, Southwest responded with the following:

"Based on the information available to me, shortly after boarding and before taxi and takeoff, our Flight Attendants advised your family that both lap children would be unable to travel in the same row of seats as this would result in an insufficient number of oxygen masks in the event of an emergency. As the flight was not completely full, there were other seats available, and our Flight Attendants recall a Passenger offering to change seats so that you or your wife could sit with one of your lap children in a nearby row. However, the offer was declined, and you had a fellow Customer hold your child during the flight. When our Flight Attendants noticed during flight that both lap children were once again seated in the same row, they again advised that both lap children were unable to travel in the same row of seats. Our Flight Attendants recall that you again returned the child to the same fellow Customer for the duration of the flight."

This is basically all a lie. We were never told to switch seats before the flight. In fact, before the flight a flight attendant came over to us to instruct us on how to use the face masks on our children. The other "Customer," held our child once, and once only. Based on this false information, Southwest refused to compensate us in any way.

Does anyone have advice on how to deal with this?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #4426 on: October 23, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »
Sorry for what you went through, I doubt there is anything you can really do after such a response.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: October 23, 2019, 11:27:46 PM »

I took a flight with my wife and three kids recently. Two of these were lap children. My youngest was only three weeks old. Two hours into the flight, the flight attendant told us that one of us must move since there were only four oxygen masks in the row and we were five people. The flight was full and we were not told to pick different seats at boarding. She was indifferent to our problem and suggested we see if we can find another passenger to switch seats with one of us. Left with no other option, we asked another from women on the flight who we shared a mutual friend with to hold our newborn baby (we couldn't give her a squirming and wild 18-month-old). She was sitting about 20 feet in front of us.

During landing the baby woke up and yelled. My wife and I could not even get up to get him since they wouldn't let us get up. We had to listen to our brand-new newborn cry for 20 minutes. After the flight, I emailed Southwest telling them about the situation and the emotional distress that I, and especially my wife, experience by the flight attendance negligence in not telling us to rearrange our seats to begin with.

"Based on the information available to me, shortly after boarding and before taxi and takeoff, our Flight Attendants advised your family that both lap children would be unable to travel in the same row of seats as this would result in an insufficient number of oxygen masks in the event of an emergency. As the flight was not completely full, there were other seats available, and our Flight Attendants recall a Passenger offering to change seats so that you or your wife could sit with one of your lap children in a nearby row. However, the offer was declined, and you had a fellow Customer hold your child during the flight. When our Flight Attendants noticed during flight that both lap children were once again seated in the same row, they again advised that both lap children were unable to travel in the same row of seats. Our Flight Attendants recall that you again returned the child to the same fellow Customer for the duration of the flight."

This is basically all a lie. We were never told to switch seats before the flight. In fact, before the flight a flight attendant came over to us to instruct us on how to use the face masks on our children. The other "Customer," held our child once, and once only. Based on this false information, Southwest refused to compensate us in any way.

Personally I wouldn't spend too much time on it, but if you want you can send a short polite but firm email stating how that is not what happened and how the attendant continues to be yadda yada yada, and you believe that the attendant can use more training blah blah blah.

Dont expect anything thou. Its southwest.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: October 24, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »

Why did you give you baby to the friend instead of your or your wife (and your baby) switching seats with her?

Offline elihak7

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: October 27, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
Dont know if its right thread
Any experience in changing a return flight with elal by a note from a doctor ?

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #4430 on: October 27, 2019, 10:32:48 PM »
I did it once. YMMV
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: October 28, 2019, 02:03:48 AM »
Officially they won't.

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...

Offline mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: November 04, 2019, 10:48:53 AM »
Does anyone know of a company that will handle our EU claim for a 2-day delay on Lot?

Offline elihak7

• View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: November 04, 2019, 01:22:04 PM »
Does anyone know of a company that will handle our EU claim for a 2-day delay on Lot?
Do it yoursef, not such a big deal.   or you can email ey.tambur@gmail.com

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: November 11, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
LY lost luggage, it's been over 72 hours. Anyone have an email to request reimbursement for new clothing that had to be bought?

Side note, on the phone they said they won't give compensation for clothes in lost suitcase because I could have put clothes in the first suitcase.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: November 11, 2019, 12:57:44 PM »
Side note, on the phone they said they won't give compensation for clothes in lost suitcase because I could have put clothes in the first suitcase.
Sorry for your loss, but that is really really funny.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: November 11, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
LY lost luggage, it's been over 72 hours. Anyone have an email to request reimbursement for new clothing that had to be bought?

Did they say why they couldn't just tell you which suitcase they were planning on losing so you could pack accordingly?

Offline Divora M

• View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: November 11, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »
Flight on AA delayed one hour and had a gate change. Compensation $100 per passenger.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: November 11, 2019, 11:21:18 PM »
Flight on AA delayed one hour and had a gate change. Compensation $100 per passenger.
That's great comp for such a flight, especially AA! How'd you get that?
I'm not who you think I am.