Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1109635 times)

Online ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #4540 on: January 31, 2021, 03:32:57 PM »
Doubt it. The way the airline sees it, the fact that all are in 1 reservation means all traveling together and don’t necessarily need to sit “away from others” like people flying by themselves.
Lesson. When booking for family, split the reservation.

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 31, 2021, 03:35:35 PM »
Some screens were not working on Delta flight from OGG-LAX. $25 voucher x 6.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4542 on: February 01, 2021, 09:55:59 AM »
Never tried. It’s just their policy AFAIK. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong
correct they can’t control the weather

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: February 01, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »
Would UA compensate for  lodging and F&B for cancellation due to weather?

No as mentioned, but if you paid even taxes on certain cards you could make a travel delay claim. I'm sure many are doing that this week with bad weather.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: February 01, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »
No as mentioned, but if you paid even taxes on certain cards you could make a travel delay claim. I'm sure many are doing that this week with bad weather.
I have 500 coverage, l was nevertheless wondering.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4545 on: February 04, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »
Airline: UA
Flight: EWR-CLE
Class: F
Incident: Tray table wouldn't go back in armrest
Compensation: 3.5K miles
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: March 03, 2021, 07:30:17 PM »
Flew a month ago with United on points taxes paid for with my CSR. Stroller came off the plane damaged. United says they don’t cover strollers domestically & regardless claim must be filed within 24 hours. Would CSR cover this & is it easy to claim?

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: March 03, 2021, 08:43:51 PM »
Flew a month ago with United on points taxes paid for with my CSR. Stroller came off the plane damaged. United says they don’t cover strollers domestically & regardless claim must be filed within 24 hours. Would CSR cover this & is it easy to claim?
What? United sure does cover it. They sent me a check for the whole carriage a few months ago. I did file in the airport right when I got off the plane. It took a while for them to respond to the claim, but they paid out in the end.

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 03, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »
What? United sure does cover it. They sent me a check for the whole carriage a few months ago. I did file in the airport right when I got off the plane. It took a while for them to respond to the claim, but they paid out in the end.

Called today about a month after the flight they said they do not cover & it’s too late. What should I do now? HUCA? Contact Chase?

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 04, 2021, 12:25:33 AM »
Called today about a month after the flight they said they do not cover & it’s too late. What should I do now? HUCA? Contact Chase?
No point to HUCA since past the 24h claim window.

Doesn’t hurt to try Chase.

Although be prepared for your delay reason / story per Chase info page:
Important Claim Information and Timeframes

You, the Cardholder, must report the loss or damage to the common carrier immediately after exiting the carrier. You will need to provide proof that you submitted a report to the carrier

You must file a written claim within 20 days after the occurrence (or as soon as reasonably possible)

The Benefit Administrator will send you a claim form when you report your loss, you must submit a completed claim form and supporting documentation within 90 days from the date of occurrence (or as soon as reasonably possible)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:34:25 AM by lubaby »

Offline lansky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: March 09, 2021, 06:04:21 PM »
Anyone know of a contact aa in that has common sense they keep on delaying my flights and I get no normal responses . I flew lga stop in ohare then Memphis and then flight back from Memphis that night. I made a backup flight out of Midway on sw because aa has been screwing me with stopovers lately, sure  enough my ohare,Memphis flight got delayed 3 and half hours plus so I took the sw flight and aa had no flights coming in that would let me make my flight back to NY and one united flight that would of been a 2and half hour delay. Now aa wants to give back the residual value  and charge me for the first leg that their gonna make up the amount themselves, this is besides the lyft and Southwest ticket i had to pay ,has anyone heard something as insane as this besides the agent at the airport told me I'll get my money back
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 06:50:02 PM by lansky »

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: March 09, 2021, 08:30:04 PM »
Anyone know of a contact aa in that has common sense they keep on delaying my flights and I get no normal responses . I flew lga stop in ohare then Memphis and then flight back from Memphis that night. I made a backup flight out of Midway on sw because aa has been screwing me with stopovers lately, sure  enough my ohare,Memphis flight got delayed 3 and half hours plus so I took the sw flight and aa had no flights coming in that would let me make my flight back to NY and one united flight that would of been a 2and half hour delay. Now aa wants to give back the residual value  and charge me for the first leg that their gonna make up the amount themselves, this is besides the lyft and Southwest ticket i had to pay ,has anyone heard something as insane as this besides the agent at the airport told me I'll get my money back
What exactly do you want here (airline compensation thread)? Reimbursement for the southwest or lyft? Or just to not pay for the flights you didn’t use?

On domestic flights, residuals are usually very easy for them to figure out since it’s most often just the combined fare of the 2 separate one ways.

You can even try inputting your booking details into AA.com/refunds and see if they can calculate the refund (don’t actually submit it yet just in case).

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: March 10, 2021, 03:17:46 AM »
In a normal I would want a refund for the lyft and my second, leg,but I just want a refund for the ticket due to the fact they couldn't get me there anywhere in time as they were supposed to I don't get how I'm getting charged based on flying one leg when it does nothing for me besides I'm 99 percent sure separately it's more as the second leg was more then half of the total ticket and the agent at the airport told me she didn't want to tell it was gonna take off at all because usually when it's delayed that far in advance it's a big chance it won't take off her words not mine

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: March 10, 2021, 11:08:43 PM »
In a normal I would want a refund for the lyft and my second, leg,but I just want a refund for the ticket due to the fact they couldn't get me there anywhere in time as they were supposed to I don't get how I'm getting charged based on flying one leg when it does nothing for me besides I'm 99 percent sure separately it's more as the second leg was more then half of the total ticket and the agent at the airport told me she didn't want to tell it was gonna take off at all because usually when it's delayed that far in advance it's a big chance it won't take off her words not mine
Your posts are super long rambling rants and hard to figure out what’s going on.
You quit with American on the outbound portion at your stopover? Yea, that is harder to calculate fairly.

You’re usually not gonna get any refund for flights you took. US airlines (other then JetBlue) don’t care about / compensate for not getting you to your destination on time. The most they’ll do is refund you per their posted schedule change policy (flight changed over 4 hours for American) if you choose to not fly (usually can’t be a no-show though, don’t know if that happened here).

If credit card used has travel delay insurance, that might help with everything. Or if you purchased 3rd party travel insurance.

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: March 10, 2021, 11:17:34 PM »
So that's exactly my point how are they calculating, when there's no number . I took my backup flight because the agent told me there's a big chance it won't take off in the end.

The agent told me I would get a refund due to the change and I clearly asked her even if I don't take it as the schedule doesn't work for me and she answered yes.
4 out of my last 5 trips have been delayed 3+ hours ,it's mind blowing

Online UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline scr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Premiere 1K
« Reply #4556 on: March 18, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »
Made reservation over a month ago on UAL EWR-PBI for cho'h'm.  Both flights were cancelled. I was put onto later outbound and earlier return.  I rebooked return from FLL, but still 40 minutes earlier than original.  What's the deal on compensation?  9 people traveling.  I'm 1K.  Thx

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: March 18, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »
Made reservation over a month ago on UAL EWR-PBI for cho'h'm.  Both flights were cancelled. I was put onto later outbound and earlier return.  I rebooked return from FLL, but still 40 minutes earlier than original.  What's the deal on compensation?  9 people traveling.  I'm 1K.  Thx
1. Expect nothing.

2. But since you're 1K, and they claim to care about that, you can try to get some goodwill free miles (or compensation for "cab cost" from PBI-FLL) but don't count on anything.

TARB

Offline scr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Premiere 1K
« Reply #4558 on: March 18, 2021, 03:37:05 PM »
Thanks very much. Let’s see...

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: March 22, 2021, 10:07:27 AM »
Frontier
Landed on time. They kept us on the plane for an extra hour while waiting for an empty gate (was snowing, so don’t blame them, actually glad we were able to land smoothly).

They sent out an email apology with a $50 voucher included :)