Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098612 times)

Offline Zalc

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #4980 on: November 06, 2022, 04:38:27 PM »
My flight home from the eu (Kef) to NY was delayed by 5+ hours.
UA139
Does United rebook customers on other airlines?
There’s a delta flight leaving the same as the original time and they are saying they can’t rebook me as delta has not released and seats to them even though it’s available for purchase.

Is there other compensation that I’d be entitled to if I eventually took the delayed flight?
It took over 30 business days, but here’s their response:

Thoughts?

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: November 07, 2022, 09:00:21 AM »
It took over 30 business days, but here’s their response:

Thoughts?
is the united credit transferable?
If yes then it is worth more then the other options

Offline Shegold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: November 07, 2022, 09:22:27 AM »
Flew United Zurich to EWR last week and seat wouldn't go upright the entire time as it was broken. I was told I can't fly in the seat and they would move me but never did. Multiple times during flight I was told to move seat up by flight attendents but again each time told them its broken.

a. Section 121.311(d) of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), except as provided in subparagraphs (1) and (2), requires the seat back to be in the upright position for takeoff and landing.

What type of compensation should I get?

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: November 09, 2022, 10:04:37 AM »
2.5 hour delay on B6. Non-working entertainment screen on another leg. (Short flight)
Anything to expect on either?

Offline Abebee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #4984 on: November 09, 2022, 10:28:09 AM »
2.5 hour delay on B6. Non-working entertainment screen on another leg. (Short flight)
Anything to expect on either?

Nothing on the delay, $15 on entertainment.

https://www.jetblue.com/customer-assurance/our-promise
JetBlue offers free live TV¹, movies and high-speed wi-fi² at every seat. If seatback entertainment is inoperable, customers are entitled to a $15 Credit good for future travel on JetBlue.

Offline Monsey1836

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: November 13, 2022, 10:19:09 AM »
Flight on BA from TLV to JFK with a connection in LHR (very tight connection of slightly over an hour) purchased as one ticket.  Flight leaving TLV was slightly delayed (8 minutes on BA system) and conveyor at security broke further delaying us.  We arrived at the gate about 10 minutes before takeoff but they had closed the gate and wouldn't let us board.  They booked us on the next available flight which was 7 hours later. That flight was delayed 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Are we entitled to compensation under EU261?  BA claims they were still more than the minimum connection time of 1 hour (by literally a minute) so we are not entitled to compensation.

Anyone have a similar case and received compensation?

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #4986 on: November 15, 2022, 01:57:11 PM »
I had a anti-semetic flight attendant on United. What comepnsation can i ask for in this case?
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: November 15, 2022, 02:19:43 PM »
I had a anti-semetic flight attendant on United. What comepnsation can i ask for in this case?
Please elaborate.
If it’s really antisemitic she should be fired.

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #4988 on: November 17, 2022, 05:37:28 AM »
Please elaborate.
If it’s really antisemitic she should be fired.
I reported her and united told me that they will investigate the incident by their zero tolerance policy. The flight attendant made remarks like th flight has too many jews and they make it very dirty etc. United seems to be handling this very professionally.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: November 17, 2022, 01:31:47 PM »
I reported her and united told me that they will investigate the incident by their zero tolerance policy. The flight attendant made remarks like th flight has too many jews and they make it very dirty etc. United seems to be handling this very professionally.
Route?

Offline yechiel11

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: November 17, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »
On 11/2/22 UA 84 EWR to TLV about 2+ hours after liftoff turned back to EWR due to an issue with the lavatories, we arrived to TLV 9 hours 3 minutes late. United is offering $200 E-Certificate expires one year from the date of issue or 10000 MileagePlus® award miles.

Is it possible to get better compensation?

Any input would be appreciated.

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #4991 on: November 17, 2022, 05:43:06 PM »
On 11/2/22 UA 84 EWR to TLV about 2+ hours after liftoff turned back to EWR due to an issue with the lavatories, we arrived to TLV 9 hours 3 minutes late. United is offering $200 E-Certificate expires one year from the date of issue or 10000 MileagePlus® award miles.

Appears based on Israeli aviation laws that you should be entitled to ~NIS3000 for the 8+ hours delay... search the thread for more detail on how to properly ask for it...

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: November 18, 2022, 01:04:47 AM »

You should be able to get 3100 shekel.
Email customercare@united.com and say you are claiming 3100 under the Israeli law.

Offline Unity

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: November 30, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »
CRAZY STORY!! Please help me if you have any ideas.
Basically to make a long story short...I booked tickets on Transavia airlines from TLV to LYS 7pm for an expensive vacation in the French alps. We got to the airport extra early but to our dismay when we got to the desk we were told that they reserved us seats in an exit row and since we had a baby they cant check us in for these seats. They said that since the rest of the flight was a few groups they couldnt change any seats around and we cant fly on the flight! We said please help us we have a very expensive vacation booked! She told us that they dont need to help us and "thats what you get for booking a low cost airline"! After begging and seeing that there was no hope we went to the ticketing desk to see if we can get help there. The lady over there contacted Transavia and they told us that we can take a flight to Paris instead the next morning at 7 am! Paris is over 400 km from LYS. We asked if they would pay for our train ticket from Paris to LYS and they said no! We asked if we can have a few minutes to decide and they told us we need to decide on the spot. We decided not to take the "offer" and look for better tickets ouselves. After looking all over we saw that there were no other options as everything ese was sold out so we ended up booking the flight to paris ourselves. By that time it was already late at night and we ended up staying in the airport all night because there was no point on going back to jerusalem as we needed to check in at 3am. So we stayed in the airport all night with our kids took the flight to paris (5 hrs instead of 4 hrs) then a uber to the train station, a train to lys, and a rental from LYS to our destination a 38 hour trip instead of a few!! anyways we wrote in to Transavia that we want our money back for the flight they didnt allow us to board and also for the required compensation. The problem is thta Transavia denies the whole thing ever happened and told us that the flight is non refundable and that we never showed up for the flight!!!! what Chutzpah after literally killing a vacation that costed me thousands of dollars they wont even give me the money for the flight!!!! What should and can I do in this case please advise!

Offline travel agent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: November 30, 2022, 05:41:36 PM »
Basically to make a long story short...I booked tickets on Transavia airlines from TLV to LYS 7pm for an expensive vacation in the French alps. We got to the airport extra early but to our dismay when we got to the desk we were told that they reserved us seats in an exit row and since we had a baby they cant check us in for these seats. They said that since the rest of the flight was a few groups they couldnt change any seats around and we cant fly on the flight! We said please help us we have a very expensive vacation booked! She told us that they dont need to help us and "thats what you get for booking a low cost airline"! After begging and seeing that there was no hope we went to the ticketing desk to see if we can get help there. The lady over there contacted Transavia and they told us that we can take a flight to Paris instead the next morning at 7 am! Paris is over 400 km from LYS. We asked if they would pay for our train ticket from Paris to LYS and they said no! We asked if we can have a few minutes to decide and they told us we need to decide on the spot. We decided not to take the "offer" and look for better tickets ouselves. After looking all over we saw that there were no other options as everything ese was sold out so we ended up booking the flight to paris ourselves. By that time it was already late at night and we ended up staying in the airport all night because there was no point on going back to jerusalem as we needed to check in at 3am. So we stayed in the airport all night with our kids took the flight to paris (5 hrs instead of 4 hrs) then a uber to the train station, a train to lys, and a rental from LYS to our destination a 38 hour trip instead of a few!! anyways we wrote in to Transavia that we want our money back for the flight they didnt allow us to board and also for the required compensation. The problem is thta Transavia denies the whole thing ever happened and told us that the flight is non refundable and that we never showed up for the flight!!!! what Chutzpah after literally killing a vacation that costed me thousands of dollars they wont even give me the money for the flight!!!! What should and can I do in this case please advise!

take it to the small claims court.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4995 on: November 30, 2022, 06:03:58 PM »
Do you have any proof that you were in the airport? Taxi to airport etc, food purchase, etc.

Offline Unity

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: December 01, 2022, 12:28:29 AM »
not really maybe the train ticket to the airport? I need to check back...do I stand a chance by a small claims court without any proof?
My friend who was flying with me on that flight with his wife and kids had the same exact story and he called up Transavia and got them to read him the notes on their end and the rep said that there was a notification of seat problems called in for his ticket on that day... he has that call recorded will that help us?

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: December 06, 2022, 10:56:08 PM »
El al made my bag missed my flight and is deining compensation for my food because it's illegal to transport perishable food without telling them.is that even a thing?

Offline ltttc

• View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: December 16, 2022, 10:14:26 AM »
Delta cancelled my flight (1st leg of 3). On the phone with them now. What's the max I can request in addition to rebooking on a different flight with timing that doesnt work out that well?

Offline flyingBlue

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: December 16, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Was denied boarding on a AF flight from cdg to jfk cuz they needed proof that I also took the train from zyr to cdg that was included in the ticket. I opened a claim that it doesbt state anywhere I needed such prooc and got 600 Euros.