Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098787 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #500 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:33 PM »
it is!
Yup. Probably would have been $75 or $100 if you were elite.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline al613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

recently received $100-$150-$200 in gold and 1k accounts. Depends if elite, if its international flight and what happened. good thing they give 1 cert. per each passenger on itinerary using elite level of a person who complains. So, if there are 4 people without status and one 1k, you can get 5 x $150-$200.

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #502 on: December 05, 2012, 12:26:58 AM »
its too bad i didnt status match it before i flew to 1k (not that i wouldve got business upgrade, since it was jammed packed flight) . i plan on doing it soon.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »
Airline: Jetblue
Flight: JFK-OAK
Class: Economy
Incident: Entertainment system failure, and seat didn't recline good.
Compensation: $25 Credit.

Offline mochada

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 23, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
Airline: United
Flight: EWR- LAX
Class: Economy (Saver award)
Incident: Wife and I volunteered to get bumped off flight to flight a few hours later
Compensation: $700 per passenger, Y class which got upgraded to First

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #505 on: December 23, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »
Flight: EWR- LAX
Class: Economy (Saver award)
Incident: Wife and I volunteered to get bumped off flight to flight a few hours later
Compensation: $700 per passenger, Y class which got upgraded to First

Cha-ching.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 23, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Airline: LY
Flight: TLV-LHR
Class: Coach (cheap tic)
Incident: Waited on flight for 2 hours, then they canceled it.
rebooked pax direct TLV-EWR fir next day. Also gave 2 Taxi vouchers.

Compensation: Is it #hoggetstofat to ask?
The request:

My flight was canceled. I missed an entire day of work. Everything was thrown off schedule. Additionally,
1) I was given a voucher for a taxi, and they did not accept it, I had to pay out of my pocket. In the airport they said to send you an email, and you will refund it.
2) The full NIS refund, for myself, and my wife, as is Israeli law. As I was flying TLV-LHR-EWR, which is 9151 km.
Thank you,

THE REPLY

Dear Mrs. yeki89,

I am writing to you in regards to a delay in the departure of your EL AL flight from Tel Aviv to London on December 2, 2012.
At time there are circumstances that surround the travel industry that our out of our control. Please understand that technical problems do arise from time to time but given the alternative, I’m sure you would agree that it is far better to address the issues rather than allow the flight to take off. Under these circumstances, EL AL is not operating under normal conditions and we ask that our passengers exercise some patience while we correct any technical issues that involve a particular flight in order to ensure a safe passage to their onward destination. Airlines cannot be held responsible for delays of any nature, technical or otherwise, pursuant to the Montreal Convention. May I call your attention to our website (

www.elal.com ), upon which you will find the "Conditions of Contract". Please see clause Number nine, which clearly states: "Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract". As EL AL took all reasonable measures available to avoid the delay on your flight, it cannot be held liable for your delay pursuant to the Montreal Convention. Moreover, it does not permit recovery for damages resulting solely from inconvenience. EL AL works very hard to adhere to pre-determined schedules. As we hope you can understand, this is not always possible.  Should you have incurred out of pocket expenses (meals, transportation,) please forward me any receipts so we can reimburse you.
The incident has been brought to the attention of El Al management who meet each week to discuss customer complaints and make improvements. I assure you that they will do their utmost to correct the shortfall of our service.

I very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove to you and your family that your recent experience is not characteristic of this company, by welcoming you on board a future EL AL flight, which I am sure will meet with your total satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Nubia Ramos

Customer Relations, USA

Fax: 212-852-0793

Customerrelations@elalusa.com

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 23, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
Cha-ching.

+1 ;-) ...just gotta have da charm!

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 27, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »
Airline: American Eagle.
Flight: LGA-DTW.
Class: Economy.
Incident: No water or wipe cloths at the lavatory.
Compensation: $50 Voucher.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 28, 2012, 08:06:00 AM »
Hey guys ,
On a paid *A flight , I put my hand in the magazine pocket in the seatback of the next row, and noticed 10 minutes later blood on my hand . There was a sharp object there , that was not removed by the cleanup crew.

Reported it to FA who filled out a report and  even asked the  passenger seated across from me to be a witness .

What should I write them , either demanding, requesting some type of consideration or just Email them as to what happened , and see how they respond ?
Thanks

P.S. I bought this ticket using UA.COM when i saw price versus miles  I paid for it . Make my chances any better ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 08:12:44 AM by PETERP »

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »
Flight: LAX- SFO
Class: Economy
Incident: Was emailed to ask about flexibility
Compensation: $200 per passenger to take a flight one hour earlier (I only paid $80/ticket)

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 28, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »
Cash or voucher?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »
Hey guys ,
On a paid *A flight , I put my hand in the magazine pocket in the seatback of the next row, and noticed 10 minutes later blood on my hand . There was a sharp object there , that was not removed by the cleanup crew.

Reported it to FA who filled out a report and  even asked the  passenger seated across from me to be a witness .

What should I write them , either demanding, requesting some type of consideration or just Email them as to what happened , and see how they respond ?
Thanks

P.S. I bought this ticket using UA.COM when i saw price versus miles  I paid for it . Make my chances any better ?

Bump  :)

Online efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2012, 04:08:39 PM »
i was on a ba flight from jfk to lhr & was served a frozen kosher meal that was two weeks after the sell by date, i wrote to them & this is the email they sent in response;
dear efflpetzel,
Thank you for your email.  My apologies on the delay in response to your concerns.
I am so sorry you did not enjoy your meal on your British Airways flight.  The food we serve on our flights is an important aspect of the British Airways service - which is exactly why we offer advance booking for special meals.  I do apologize for letting you down this time.  I am sending your comments to our catering team - I know they will share my concern. 
We take pride in our standards of service, and this certainly includes courteous and helpful staff.   I understand the concerns of our cabin crew for the safety of all our passengers including your infant, but the manner in which this subject was handled does not appear to be acceptable.  Due to the behavior you describe a report has gone straight to the line manager of the cabin crew in question.
By way of an apology and as a gesture of goodwill I have added 5,000 Avios to your Blue Executive Club account.  Please accept them with my compliments.  Subject to availability, you can put your Avios towards future bookings, or use them to upgrade your travel class when you fly with us again.  For further information, please visit ba.com/executiveclub.
Although we can not change your experience we hope you will accept our apology and allow us to welcome you on a British Airways flight in the near future.
Sincerely
Steve Demeter
British Airways Customer Relations;

the question is should i accept it or should i ask for more as it was a family of three?

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
There seems to be a different issue that they were addressing here as well. Something about your infant?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
There seems to be a different issue that they were addressing here as well. Something about your infant?

Or it's just a canned response that didn't get edited for this particular response.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #516 on: December 31, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »
Or it's just a canned response that didn't get edited for this particular response.

Doesn't sound like a canned response.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
Re: Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #517 on: December 31, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
Doesn't sound like a canned response.

Except for the bit about the baby, it could be the response for any food related complaint.

But OP may in fact have mentioned his kid...

Offline mmermss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 31, 2012, 04:34:23 PM »

the question is should i accept it or should i ask for more as it was a family of three?
I dont see why it would hurt to ask...It's not like theyre going to take those points away for being too greedy.  I always ask for more if i'm not satisfied with the reply they give me...
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
I dont see why it would hurt to ask...It's not like theyre going to take those points away for being too greedy.  I always ask for more if i'm not satisfied with the reply they give me...

They will usually give u for all of them, if u mention it, but they will put in separate account prob.