Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1099164 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #1100 on: February 11, 2014, 02:10:49 PM »
This thread makes me want to throw up sometimes
+100
Just a friendly tip, from now on make sure to be next to a bathroom or at least not in public when reading this thread.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1101 on: February 11, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
Just a friendly tip, from now on make sure to be next to a bathroom or at least not in public when reading this thread.

Just a friendly tip, from now on, look up the word figurative and literal in the dictionary whenever you're... in real life.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
Just a friendly tip, from now on, look up the word figurative and literal in the dictionary whenever you're... in real life.
To complicated for me.

Offline philbenjoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Avis Prefered
« Reply #1103 on: February 11, 2014, 06:13:18 PM »
What should I request for compensation, flew UA from ZRH to NY and the screens weren't working on most of the plane so they gave out these little pieces of paper that had a code on it to be used to call UA and get some sort of compensation. What should I expect and what should I request? It was booked through aeroplan points. TIA
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Dr Seuss

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1104 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
To complicated for me.

Yeah, skip it. Definitely don't want you to hurt yourself doing such daring activities.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DoGo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: February 11, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
What should I request for compensation, flew UA from ZRH to NY and the screens weren't working on most of the plane so they gave out these little pieces of paper that had a code on it to be used to call UA and get some sort of compensation. What should I expect and what should I request? It was booked through aeroplan points. TIA
usually a set price/miles

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #1106 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:24 PM »
Speaking of throwing up... (i mentioned this a few posts back)
I flew on a Delta flight where a flight attendant spilled soda all over me on a flight from JFK-SEA. His response - (in a high pitched flamboyant tone - "Oh, look here! We have a spill!" and did not give me napkins or anything. I was soaked for an entire 6-7 hours.
Can I get some compensation for this MORON?

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #1107 on: February 11, 2014, 09:01:48 PM »
If the flight crew on the planes asked for compensation for all the s:;(t they take from most obnoxious passengers the thread would be 10xs longer than this one and they would be way more entitled to compensation than all the crap you guys complain about
Just my .02

Let the fun begin...(popcorn)munch munch

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #1108 on: February 11, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »
If the flight crew on the planes asked for compensation for all the s:;(t they take from most obnoxious passengers the thread would be 10xs longer than this one and they would be way more entitled to compensation than all the crap you guys complain about
Just my .02

Let the fun begin...(popcorn)munch munch

I don't understand your point.
They GET paid. We PAY.

Got it?

Offline EliteMavin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Delta silver medallion, Hilton Gold
« Reply #1109 on: February 11, 2014, 10:46:43 PM »
Flew from lga to dtw on aa boked with ba.
The lavatory was out of order what can I expect from aa?
wow, for a whole hour you couldn't go.  :P

Offline EliteMavin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Delta silver medallion, Hilton Gold
« Reply #1110 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
I don't understand your point.
They GET paid. We PAY.

Got it?
+1 agree.
That's the job. Although it should be kept to a minimum, people are going to be uncomfortable. Passengers will have requests and demands, some of them ludicrous.
(Still, many a passenger take it too far).
Their compensation is their paycheck.

Offline gavhaller

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 11, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »
+1 agree.
That's the job. Although it should be kept to a minimum, people are going to be uncomfortable. Passengers will have requests and demands, some of them ludicrous.
(Still, many a passenger take it too far).
Their compensation is their paycheck.

Yeah,
I mean people do complain about ridiculous things. Oh gd there's no diet sprite - I'm going to complain about that. No, that's pointless and it won't really get you anywhere. BUT, if something does happen that either offends you or makes really inconveniences your flight and makes you miserable - then by all means, COMPLAIN! You're not just paying for the transportation, but also the service that they should provide to you.

Getting soda spilled all over me and being soaked for an entire 6 hour flight is kind of a big deal. Especially when the flight attendant walked passed and didn't offer help or anything.
(Chutzpah! not even a napkin  >:( )

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 11, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »
Get a life, take care from you family, and the world does not come to an end when someone tries his luck getting some compensation.

It's nothing different then churning CC. You guys should post that you wanna throw up when reading the Chase reconsideration thread as well.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 12, 2014, 12:51:35 AM »
Yeah,
I mean people do complain about ridiculous things. Oh gd there's no diet sprite - I'm going to complain about that. No, that's pointless and it won't really get you anywhere. BUT, if something does happen that either offends you or makes really inconveniences your flight and makes you miserable - then by all means, COMPLAIN! You're not just paying for the transportation, but also the service that they should provide to you.

Getting soda spilled all over me and being soaked for an entire 6 hour flight is kind of a big deal. Especially when the flight attendant walked passed and didn't offer help or anything.
(Chutzpah! not even a napkin  >:( )
personally I don't believe the story with the soda, u asked them for a napkin and they didn't get one for u ??? U probably can sue them and make much more then this whole thread made combined :P:P

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #1114 on: February 12, 2014, 02:23:54 AM »
The customer is always right....
-some famous person
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline raphy781

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:19 AM »
The customer is always right....
-some famous person
Have you been to Israel?

Offline mar3l

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 12, 2014, 06:51:59 AM »
I dont know if you guys can help me out with something. Here it goes.
TLV - JFK EL AL Flight was canceled and KAYAK/ELAL automatically moved my flight to next flight 12 hours later. But Kayak system was never updated and still showed the original booking and they sent me email the day prior reminding me about my flight with original time. Nevertheless I showed up at airport at original time and confirmed it that its moved to next flight.
can i call kayak and complain about this? I have 3 emails being sent to me the day before telling me about it. whats a fair compensation for 12 hours at airport..

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 12, 2014, 07:57:37 AM »
TLV - JFK EL AL Flight was canceled and KAYAK/ELAL automatically moved my flight to next flight 12 hours later. But Kayak system was never updated and still showed the original booking and they sent me email the day prior reminding me about my flight with original time. Nevertheless I showed up at airport at original time and confirmed it that its moved to next flight.
can i call kayak and complain about this? I have 3 emails being sent to me the day before telling me about it. whats a fair compensation for 12 hours at airport..
so you ended up going for the elal flight in the end? when and why was the flight cancelled?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 12, 2014, 09:36:27 AM »
So they never informed yo that you were moved to a later flight?

Offline ringsher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 12, 2014, 04:47:43 PM »
Can anyone help us with the following predicament we have?

We were supposed to go to Maui Thurs morning (tomorrow) thanks to Dan's awesome post on Delta's price mistake.

My husband called me yesterday at work and said that many flights with a stopover to Altanta on Thurs (like ours) will probably be cancelled. Delta offered free switching due to the upcoming storm. He looked online and there's was nothing available to Hawaii on Wed night. We decide to go to another city if they'd let us (this way we can take our baby with us anyways), because the likelihood of getting to Hawaii before shabbos would be slim if we couldn't leave by Wed night (ie, if we're leaving late on Thurs because of the storm, it might be a big problem).

From 8:30-10:30 pm we are on hold to speak to a CS rep, and she found tiks to PHX  and she said (and repeated 3 times) it's for a Wed 8 PM departure. When she hangs up at 11:30 PM we then get an email confirmation for a THURS 8 PM departure, which probably will be cancelled with the rate Delta is going cancelling flights on Thursday.

So we called again, waited from 11:30 PM - 2:30 AM to speak to someone, and they then said they have NO available flights leaving on Wed night ANYWHERE - we searched LA, Vegas, Miami, even Hawaii. We even offered to split up and go on separate flights. The earliest they can book us onto a flight is Thursday (tomorrow), 8AM to PHX. I'm just worried that that flight will get cancelled. But I'm really upset at them. They screwed up big time, and whenever we demanded points for what they did, they said "oh well you got your tiks from that price mistake that went around". But if I hadn't been on the phone waiting for them from 8:30 to 3:30 AM (yes, we had very little sleep last night), and if the CS rep hadn't placed us on a wrong flight, we would have been on our way right now to the JFK airport instead of writing up this post!

Anyone have a similar issue? Do you think we can get points with this? They keep obnoxiously bringing up the point that we bought these tiks as part of a price mistake...