Topic Wiki

Issue with a flight to/from an EU country, make sure to check this link: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/index_en.htm

Please post contact info for each airline:
AA-
Alitalia-
Airfrance-
Delta-
ElAl-
Iberia-
Lufthansa-
United-
WOW-

Author Topic: Airline Compensation Master Thread  (Read 1098657 times)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Airline Compensation Master Thread
« Reply #1120 on: February 13, 2014, 01:32:34 AM »
With all due respect, you did get these tickets, round trip, for probably well less than $100.

Delta has bent over six ways till Sunday to honor them, even to such lengths of rebooking people who didn't even get a confirmed PNR, let alone a ticket number.

Forgive me if I don't (or more importantly Delta does not) feel like the fact that you spent a few hours on the phone while the majority of the country is dealing with the snowstorm of the winter, disrupting the travel of hundreds of thousands of people who, unlike you, may be stuck in an airport for the night, warrants any compensation over and beyond honoring $55 round trip tickets to an exotic destination.

You're not the only one who had to spend some time on the phone with airlines today.

But, hey, that's just me.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline gavhaller

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #1121 on: February 13, 2014, 01:43:45 AM »
With all due respect, you did get these tickets, round trip, for probably well less than $100.

Delta has bent over six ways till Sunday to honor them, even to such lengths of rebooking people who didn't even get a confirmed PNR, let alone a ticket number.

Forgive me if I don't (or more importantly Delta does not) feel like the fact that you spent a few hours on the phone while the majority of the country is dealing with the snowstorm of the winter, disrupting the travel of hundreds of thousands of people who, unlike you, may be stuck in an airport for the night, warrants any compensation over and beyond honoring $55 round trip tickets to an exotic destination.

You're not the only one who had to spend some time on the phone with airlines today.

-1?? +1??  I DONT KNOW!!

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 13, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »

I'm not saying that delta should offer compensation, but once they decided to honor the glitch tickets, they should treat all their customers alike.
The price paid should not make a difference anymore. Delta can't  tell one customer,  "you paid $55, therefore xyz", and then tell the next one "you paid $350, therefore abc". Where is the cut off price? What about the customer that paid $500? Will he get better treatment than the $350 ticket guy? No. So don't give the $55 customer the "you paid less" reason.
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1123 on: February 13, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
I'm not saying that delta should offer compensation, but once they decided to honor the glitch tickets, they should treat all their customers alike.
The price paid should not make a difference anymore. Delta can't  tell one customer,  "you paid $55, therefore xyz", and then tell the next one "you paid $350, therefore abc". Where is the cut off price? What about the customer that paid $500? Will he get better treatment than the $350 ticket guy? No. So don't give the $55 customer the "you paid less" reason.

Agree. But how are they treating him/her differently?

Ohhhh, you mean they're treating her differently because "whenever we demanded points for what they did, they said "oh well you got your tiks from that price mistake that went around"?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 13, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »
Agree. But how are they treating him/her differently?

Ohhhh, you mean they're treating her differently because "whenever we demanded points for what they did, they said "oh well you got your tiks from that price mistake that went around"?
if delta would have given points to someone that had paid full price, then yes, give the $55 flight guy points.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 13, 2014, 01:54:33 AM »
Here's where I point you to the second half of my post.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 13, 2014, 02:03:29 AM »
Here's where I point you to the second half of my post.
and delta's response is not answering them. The correct response would not have anything to do with the flight price.

Delta messed up my flight and I had 2 friends with me. After all the issues, my friend got a voucher for more than his flight's price, and I'm awaiting mine  :D

Point is, the mess up on delta's part has nothing to do with the price paid. They could have responded that they don't do such things. It's against policy, etc. But don't deny compensation based on flight price.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 13, 2014, 02:06:54 AM »
Whine, whine, whine.

No one who sat on the phone tonight due to weather is getting 50,000 SkyMiles, whether they said it was because of the glitch ticket or not.

Offline gavhaller

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase Visa Supreme, Avis Cadillac, Hyatt Vacation Club Owner, Disney Annual-Pass Holder, BA Avios Executive Corporate Shareholder VIP, Citi Platinum Status, Owner Of DFS - Discover Financial Services
« Reply #1128 on: February 13, 2014, 02:09:07 AM »
Whine, whine, whine.

No one who sat on the phone tonight due to weather is getting 50,000 SkyMiles, whether they said it was because of the glitch ticket or not.

LOL. I enjoy reading some of these forums.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 13, 2014, 02:11:08 AM »
Glad I could be of service.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 13, 2014, 02:18:17 AM »
Whine, whine, whine.

you missed my point. I said from the get go that I'm not so sure that compensation should be given here. My point was that you treat all customers the same if they fall in the same category. So don't treat first class ppl the same as economy,  but do treat economy the same as economy.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 13, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
Where did I say differently?

I just think it takes a level of gall (that perhaps I should have but lack) to whine about compensation for being on the phone longer than you'd prefer during a snowstorm that's blanketing, oh, like half the USA.

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 13, 2014, 02:27:14 AM »
Where did I say differently?

I just think it takes a level of gall (that perhaps I should have but lack) to whine about compensation for being on the phone longer than you'd during a snowstorm that's blanketing, oh, like half the USA.

I think I see my house from here  :)

Offline Cshah85

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 13, 2014, 02:44:56 AM »
Had a 5.5 hr delay in Cleveland today die to maintenance issue on united airlines. They compensated with a 150 e voucher. Fair?

Offline philbenjoe

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Avis Prefered
« Reply #1134 on: February 13, 2014, 02:52:22 AM »
AA cancelled my flight after I got to the airport and did NOT put me on any other flights till tomorrow but due to the storm that flight will not go....so ended renting a car and driving. Anything I can get for this besides my points?
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" Dr Seuss

Offline Racer7400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 13, 2014, 06:18:37 AM »
Whine, whine, whine.

what I understood from her post was that she was perfectly happy with flights elsewhere and which delta agreed to change. And they did. The mess up is the delta CSR who agreed to put them on a different flight to on Wednesday  but instead messed them up by putting them on the Thursday flight. It seemed to me the we're asking compensation for the Thursday flight to PHX that was supposed to be on Wednesday. This mess up is not weather related really.

Offline ringsher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
You're obviously choosing to misunderstand why website upset AJK. I'm asking that they should do something about the mistake their own CS rep made, not because of the weather. If not for her mistake, we would've been in Phoenix yesterday. I didn't care that we are not going to Hawaii anymore. But because I the CS rep, we are now stuck on a plane, for 4 hours and counting, and the plane hasn't even flown off yet.

Offline E-MAN

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 13, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »
You're obviously choosing to misunderstand why website upset AJK. I'm asking that they should do something about the mistake their own CS rep made, not because of the weather. If not for her mistake, we would've been in Phoenix yesterday. I didn't care that we are not going to Hawaii anymore. But because I the CS rep, we are now stuck on a plane, for 4 hours and counting, and the plane hasn't even flown off yet.
Where you trying to go?

Offline avrumy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »
Flight delayed cle-fll bec of awaiting inbound aircraft. Got to the airport 50 min before new delayed time (which is 1 hr later then originally scheduled) and they gave away my seat. Only thing they can do is out me through ewr and then to pbi landing 8 pm tonight if plabes are going through ewr????

Offline Lou Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 13, 2014, 12:57:32 PM »
Flight delayed cle-fll bec of awaiting inbound aircraft. Got to the airport 50 min before new delayed time (which is 1 hr later then originally scheduled) and they gave away my seat. Only thing they can do is out me through ewr and then to pbi landing 8 pm tonight if plabes are going through ewr????
good luck getting into the tri state are today